帖子

積分

論壇元老

積分
跳轉到指定樓層
樓主
發表於 2017-4-26 17:52:35 | 只看該作者 回帖獎勵 |倒序瀏覽 |閱讀模式
分享到: 更多
– “He did a lot of damage’ –  GrangerLocal Govt. Minister, Ganga PersaudIn a surprise development yesterday, Minister of Local Government and Regional Development, Ganga Persaud,NFL Jerseys Cheap, announced his resignation from the position, effective January 31st.The announcement came as the National Assembly sat for the second time for the year.Persaud, as a Member of Parliament,Cheap NFL Jerseys China, was not present in the National Assembly.Several of the Parliamentarians, especially on the Government’s side, were seemingly caught off-guard.A statement from the Minister said his resignation was because of personal reasons.“My resignation as Minister of Local Government and Regional Development is based on personal issues presently engaging my attention as well as some additional responsibilities to which I am committed.”There was speculation that Persaud’s resignation is timed to coincide with preparations for Local Government Elections where he is expected to play a key coordination role.Persaud was a surprise pick by President Donald Ramotar to his Cabinet, following the November 2011 General and Regional Elections.He did not indicate whether he will be stepping down as a Member of Parliament but made it clear that he will continue to back the ruling People’s Progressive Party/Civic (PPP/C).Chief Whip of the PPP/C, Gail Teixeira, said the resignation was a personal one by Persaud. “He is still a Member of Parliament,Jerseys NFL China,” she said.Opposition Leader, David Granger, had “no clue”, but said that Minister Persaud, as the point person for local government organs, had done a lot of damage, installing a number of Interim Management Committees (IMCs) throughout the country. Granger was still hopeful that Local Government Elections, last held in the 90’s, can still be hosted by mid-year.“It was a distinct pleasure for me to have served as a Member of the Cabinet. I am extremely grateful to His Excellency, Mr. Donald Ramotar, for the confidence he placed in me and I wish to declare my fullest support to him and his Government. I pledge to do all that I can to support the PPP/C Government in everything that it is doing to bring greater, happiness and comfort to all of us as Guyanese,” Minister Persaud said in his statement.According to the statement, Persaud has full confidence in President Ramotar’s ability to lead Guyana to greater heights and bring more opportunities for success to all Guyana.“His Excellency’s leadership styles are admired by many and I am always amazed at the ease with which he deals with issues,Cheap Jerseys Online, particularly delicate and sensitive issues.”Ganga stressed that as Minister of Local Government and Regional Development, there were significant achievements during his tenure. These include strengthening of the Local Government Department, centrally and regionally; establishment of a Local Government Department to provide support to the NDCs and Municipalities; enhancement of relationships with communities across Guyana, through constant outreach programmes and visit to villages. There was also significant movement in the direction of informational technology that resulted in the improvement of the Ministry’s communication network.“I am extremely proud that together we,Cheap NFL Jerseys, at most times, worked as a team to achieve all that have made us proud. I wish to thank my colleague Minister, the Hon. Norman Whittaker, PS Collin Croal, PA Chitra Singh, Confidential Secretary Geetanjali Curicca, Chauffeur Vedesh Lall and staff of my Ministry,NFL Jerseys Authentic, as well as all in the RDCs, NDCs, Municipalities and CDCs for the support given to me and urged that they continue to work as a team for the good of all Guyanese.”Ganga, in the statement, insisted that as a member of the leadership of the PPP, he is committed to working with the party to enhance its chances at the next General and Regional Elections so as to reclaim the majority in the Parliament.“This is so important for Guyana’s continued growth and development since no other political party can assure our country’s development other than the PPP.”Meanwhile, in a separate interview yesterday afternoon with Kaieteur News, the Minister expressed gratitude to media workers for the almost two and half years he was minister.He said that numerous factors would have led to his resignation including a number of future job opportunities and his desire to spend more time with his family. The Minister did not disclose what moves are next. He stated also that it is likely to be in service of Guyana in another field.The Minister has been in the hot seat, especially concerning the state of Georgetown and late last year, the signing of a Memorandum of Understanding to establish a US$30M recycling plant.Government abandoned the MoU after revelations that the company may not have had the experience or resources for such a project. The administration admitted that proper due diligence was not followed.
回復

使用道具 舉報

您需要登錄後才可以回帖 登錄 | 立即註冊

本版積分規則

重要聲明:本討論區是以即時上載留言的方式運作,A-Plus補習討論區對所有留言的真實性、完整性及立場等,不負任何法律責任。而一切留言之言論只代表留言者個人意見,並非本網站之立場,讀者及用戶不應信賴內容,並應自行判斷內容之真實性。於有關情形下,讀者及用戶應尋求專業意見(如涉及醫療、法律或投資等問題)。 由於本討論區受到「即時上載留言」運作方式所規限,故不能完全監察所有留言,若讀者及用戶發現有留言出現問題,請聯絡我們。A-Plus補習討論區有權刪除任何留言及拒絕任何人士上載留言(刪除前或不會作事先警告及通知),同時亦有不刪除留言的權利,如有任何爭議,管理員擁有最終的詮釋權。用戶切勿撰寫粗言穢語、誹謗、渲染色情暴力或人身攻擊的言論,敬請自律。本網站保留一切法律權利。

手機版|小黑屋|A-Plus互動討論區    

GMT+8, 2024-5-16 01:29 , Processed in 0.061474 second(s), 26 queries .