4萬

積分

論壇元老

積分
跳轉到指定樓層
樓主
發表於 2017-4-26 18:50:43 | 只看該作者 回帖獎勵 |倒序瀏覽 |閱讀模式
分享到: 更多
By Rehana AhamadAgnes McLean, of Lot 277 Forshaw Street, Georgetown has turned 102. She is a sassy centenarian who possesses just the right amount of wit to turn a normal interview into one that is worth remembering.Born as Agnes Dey, to a 17-year-old girl at Hadfield Street, Stabroek on November 5,NFL Cheap Jerseys, 1911, Mrs. McLean is a well polished mother of two.Mrs. Agnes McLean shares a birthday toast with Kaieteur NewsAn only child, McLean recalls that her mother, “a sapodilla brown skin woman,” was quite strict,Cheap NFL Jerseys China, and always watched over her “like a hawk.”“She always used to tell me not to make people touch me here, and there. She was very strict. A very strict woman with a full head of hair that people thought was fake.”As a child, McLean said that despite coming from a “not so wealthy” single parent home, her mother ensured that she had a sound education.The centenarian said that her academic life centered on the St. Philip’s Anglican School which is still standing at Smyth Street, St. Joseph Intermediate which used to be on Regent Street, Georgetown, and later, the Brickdam Cathedral, also in Georgetown.While attending the latter, a smiling Mrs. McLean told Kaieteur News that before reaching the age of 20, she got married to her childhood friend, and the love of her life, George Edgar McLean better known as Eddy, who also lived with his family on Brickdam.Although her mother was quite strict,China Jerseys, a jovial McLean said that “she did glad fuh the man fuh me.”McLean’s mother died of peritonitis only four months before turning 40.This glamour girl blushed at every recollection of her husband whom she referred to as a redheaded lover boy.“I remember one time I was walking down the road, and Eddie grabbed me and clap a kiss on meh. Those were the days,Wholesale Jerseys From China,” McLean reminisced.He was the Engineer for whom she bore two children, Norman McLean, known for his distinction in the uniformed services (Police, National Service, and Guyana Defence Force) and Gloria McGregor who resides in Florida.With her education, Mrs. McLean embarked on a career as a midwife at the Georgetown Public Hospital Corporation (GPHC), and later became a District Health Visitor, a name given to nurses who visit rural areas.This was a job that Mrs. McLean enjoyed a whole lot, and boasts that she made more money than her husband did. It was not just a significant accomplishment for the middle class girl who married into a more “well off” family, but as a woman,Jerseys NFL China, because in those days, women were not exactly allowed to work outside of the home.Agnes McLean in her golden days.Mrs. McLean appeared a bit teary as she recalled her husband’s death many years ago. But when asked how he died, the centenarian became humorous, adding that despite his heart condition, her man loved to make love.“He had a head of red hair. They used to call him Reddy Eddy, and trust me, Reddy Eddy was always ready,” She laughed.Mrs. McLean attributes her longevity to her lifestyle– eating right, working hard, and possessing a positive attitude.Asked for some tips, the pretty lady stressed that she hardly drank alcohol and never smoked.Currently, Mrs. McLean is in excellent health. She has all her faculties. According to her grandchildren, “Granny Agnes” is still able to climb the stairs unaided; she does so routinely, so as to ensure that all unused electrical appliances and light switches are turned off; surely the Guyana Power and Light (GPL) can use more vigilant citizens like Mrs. McLean.Even so, she can carry out a most enjoyable conversation without the use of a hearing aid,NFL Jerseys Cheap, and remains extremely keen of her surroundings.Nonetheless, Mrs. Agnes said that she still enjoys reading a good romance novel and watching her favourite television shows, and devouring her favourite dishes- a massive pigtail cook-up and ground provision boiled in coconut milk.Back in the golden days,Cheap NFL Jerseys China Wholesale, McLean said that she mastered the art of ballroom dancing, a hobby which earned her several medals and monetary prizes.Granny McLean’s birthday was celebrated earlier this week with a party which was attended largely by family, friends, and the members of her Church.Agnes McLean’s advice is that one should live life without any regrets. “We mustn’t live life with no hocus pocus. We have to live a good life.”I definitely experienced a historic moment yesterday, having had the opportunity to have a birthday drink with not just any centenarian, but one of the jolliest that I have ever met; and indeed, I have met many. I anticipate meeting Mrs. McLean as she celebrates her 103rd birth anniversary next year.
回復

使用道具 舉報

您需要登錄後才可以回帖 登錄 | 立即註冊

本版積分規則

重要聲明:本討論區是以即時上載留言的方式運作,A-Plus補習討論區對所有留言的真實性、完整性及立場等,不負任何法律責任。而一切留言之言論只代表留言者個人意見,並非本網站之立場,讀者及用戶不應信賴內容,並應自行判斷內容之真實性。於有關情形下,讀者及用戶應尋求專業意見(如涉及醫療、法律或投資等問題)。 由於本討論區受到「即時上載留言」運作方式所規限,故不能完全監察所有留言,若讀者及用戶發現有留言出現問題,請聯絡我們。A-Plus補習討論區有權刪除任何留言及拒絕任何人士上載留言(刪除前或不會作事先警告及通知),同時亦有不刪除留言的權利,如有任何爭議,管理員擁有最終的詮釋權。用戶切勿撰寫粗言穢語、誹謗、渲染色情暴力或人身攻擊的言論,敬請自律。本網站保留一切法律權利。

手機版|小黑屋|A-Plus互動討論區    

GMT+8, 2024-5-16 12:55 , Processed in 0.062941 second(s), 26 queries .