10萬

積分

論壇元老

積分
跳轉到指定樓層
樓主
發表於 2017-4-26 21:47:21 | 只看該作者 回帖獎勵 |倒序瀏覽 |閱讀模式
分享到: 更多
– shortage of Customs officers blamedIt was chaos at the Laparkan wharf yesterday as families scrambled to clear boxes and barrels shipped from overseas.While the Guyana Revenue Authority (GRA) has said that systems have been put in place to ease the expected delays for the Christmas season, as at 15:00 hrs,Phil Kessel Penguins Jersey, several were still waiting since morning for their items to be examined.Meanwhile, harried Customs officials attempted to get a handle on the crowd at the Lombard Street facility.“I come here since eight this morning and I just finished clearing my things. This is highly frustrating. I don’t know why they can’t hire more Customs people,” an upset Richard from Diamond said.“After going upstairs and downstairs, upstairs and downstairs and all around, I deh here still waiting,” said an Enterprise woman who said she was waiting for 90 minutes for a Customs Officer to examine her barrel.While one Laparkan official admitted that the system is “slightly faster”, the shortage of Customs officers to inspect the packages and barrels was an acute problem.The Lombard Street facility currently has four examining officers who are responsible for checking boxes and barrels, containers,Brian Boyle Lightning Jersey, clearing cars and other related duties.Laparkan is among the busiest of the wharves in the country.Yesterday,Sergei Fedorov Red Wings Jersey, for example,Nicklas Backstrom Capitals Jersey, Laparkan was estimated to have seen over 200 transactions for barrels and boxes. While paperwork takes an average of 60 minutes to complete,Pascal Dupuis Penguins Jersey, the bottleneck to the entire clearance of items has to do with examinations by Customs.“We are being blamed for the delays,” one Laparkan official claimed.To deal with the crowd, Laparkan has extended its opening hours until 19:30 until the holidays are over.Before, employees of the shipping company would have taken a number of the Customs documents to the officials to be checked off to speed up the process. However, every single customer is being asked to visit the Customs office there, personally.“This is also contributing to the delays.”Outside, one man threw his documents to the ground and told his family that he was fed up and was leaving.Recently,Ron Greschner Rangers Jersey, GRA announced that it was waiving the examinations of barrels for the season as part of the measures to ease congestion at the wharves.However, following the discovery of ammunition in a barrel,T.J. Oshie Capitals Jersey, the entity said that it was reverting to the old system but had put measures in place to ease the clearance.Kaieteur News was told by families that the current system is a nightmarish one.“When we come, we gat to go to Laparkan in the front office. After sitting and waiting,Dominic Moore Canadiens Jersey, they locate we documents. Then we got to pay a fee at the cashier.”After that, the customer is then directed to the bond area where someone has to locate the barrel or box that was sent. Then a Customs officer has to be found for the items to be examined.“After this, we gat to then wait for them to calculate the taxes and duties. We then gat to take this to the Customs Officer at the back to check de documents again.”It does not end there. After that, the customer has to join another line where the taxes will have to be paid. The receipts are then taken to a clerk to prepare a gate pass. This will involve being part of another line.Then it is back to the bond area for the documents to be recorded and the goods released.“I don’t think I want to go through this again. I wasted the entire day here,Nicklas Lidstrom Red Wings Jersey,” one Georgetown resident said.
回復

使用道具 舉報

您需要登錄後才可以回帖 登錄 | 立即註冊

本版積分規則

重要聲明:本討論區是以即時上載留言的方式運作,A-Plus補習討論區對所有留言的真實性、完整性及立場等,不負任何法律責任。而一切留言之言論只代表留言者個人意見,並非本網站之立場,讀者及用戶不應信賴內容,並應自行判斷內容之真實性。於有關情形下,讀者及用戶應尋求專業意見(如涉及醫療、法律或投資等問題)。 由於本討論區受到「即時上載留言」運作方式所規限,故不能完全監察所有留言,若讀者及用戶發現有留言出現問題,請聯絡我們。A-Plus補習討論區有權刪除任何留言及拒絕任何人士上載留言(刪除前或不會作事先警告及通知),同時亦有不刪除留言的權利,如有任何爭議,管理員擁有最終的詮釋權。用戶切勿撰寫粗言穢語、誹謗、渲染色情暴力或人身攻擊的言論,敬請自律。本網站保留一切法律權利。

手機版|小黑屋|A-Plus互動討論區    

GMT+8, 2024-6-19 01:30 , Processed in 0.072447 second(s), 36 queries .