4萬

積分

論壇元老

積分
跳轉到指定樓層
樓主
發表於 2017-5-3 15:32:08 | 只看該作者 回帖獎勵 |倒序瀏覽 |閱讀模式
分享到: 更多
By Kiana Wilburg Among other measures, Private Sector Commission (PSC) Chairman,China Jerseys, Ramesh Persaud has suggested that the OppositionAFC Leader,Khemraj Ramjattanresist for just one month, the temptation to table its imminent No-Confidence Motion in order to facilitate meaningful dialogue when parliament is reconvened.But the political opposition, particularly the crafters of the motion, being the Alliance For Change (AFC) is adamant that once the prorogation period comes to an end and the House is returned to a state of normalcy, it will move ahead with its motion.According to the Vice Chairman of the AFC, Moses Nagamootoo, “We just don’t see a way forward without the No-Confidence Motion appearing in the National Assembly.”Leader of the party,Jerseys China Wholesale, Khemraj Ramjattan sang a similar tune as he told this publication yesterday that the AFC will not hold off and will move ahead with its motion once the opportunity presents itself.Personally, Ramjattan said that he will not sign on to the Commission’s proposal but as a collective, that position he said, will be decided and announced today at its National Convention which will be held at St. Stanislaus College on Brickdam.Opposition leader David Granger did not reject the proposal by the Commission; he told the media that he is sympathetic with the entity but the measures it outlines have all been tested by his coalition, bearing no positive results.The Leader of the A Partnership for National Unity (APNU) said,NFL Jerseys Supply, “It’s an interesting initiative but my first reaction before I consulted with my colleagues in the Shadow Cabinet, was that the main points made by the Commission were exhaustively dealt with in the meetings with the President…We met the President in February and these were the matters we discussed.We met the President in June and then in October,Cheap NFL Jerseys China, so actually the President has successfully prevented serious discussions and resolutions of these issues for the last nine months. Everything that the Private Sector Commission wrote about was on the President’s table for the last nine months. Nobody could tell me now that I must go and talk to the President about elections. I have written and I have been picketing for eight weeks. So although I am sympathetic with the Commission, these issues have been covered exhaustively by the President…Everything we have talked with him (Donald Ramotar).”The PSC recently proposed a number of measures to end the current Parliamentary gridlock in addition to calling for the work of the National Assembly to resume by or before year end.To avoid the No-Confidence Motion, the Head of State suspended the Parliament for six months on November 10. The President had hoped that the prorogation season would have encouraged the opposition to use good judgment and engage in dialogue. But it did not. Instead,Adoree Jackson Authentic Jersey, the joint opposition has maintained that it will not speak with the government on any matter once Parliament is prorogued. The move by Ramotar was deemed as “dictatorial” by the Opposition leader.After much consultations with various civil society organizations such as representatives of Labour and Religion,NFL Jerseys Cheap, the Commission recommends that the politicians can make the first step towards solving the problem by the signing of an agreement which says that the prorogation of Parliament will be ended and the work of the National Assembly will be reconvened no later than December 31.In the spirit of inclusionary democracy, the signing of that agreement will mean that representatives of civil society will be allowed to observe the dialogue process in full.The Commission also suggested that several matters be addressed during the period of the suspension. These include the composition and implementation of all outstanding commissions required by the Constitution, and an agreement on a date for Local Government Elections some time before the life of the 10th Parliament comes to an end.Also,NFL Cheap Jerseys, the PSC asked that the mechanism by which the Bills not receiving assent can be resolved, as well as a mechanism for approval of the 2014 supplementary financial papers and statements of excess.It also asked for an inclusionary mechanism for budget talks of 2015 and 2016 be discussed as well.
回復

使用道具 舉報

您需要登錄後才可以回帖 登錄 | 立即註冊

本版積分規則

重要聲明:本討論區是以即時上載留言的方式運作,A-Plus補習討論區對所有留言的真實性、完整性及立場等,不負任何法律責任。而一切留言之言論只代表留言者個人意見,並非本網站之立場,讀者及用戶不應信賴內容,並應自行判斷內容之真實性。於有關情形下,讀者及用戶應尋求專業意見(如涉及醫療、法律或投資等問題)。 由於本討論區受到「即時上載留言」運作方式所規限,故不能完全監察所有留言,若讀者及用戶發現有留言出現問題,請聯絡我們。A-Plus補習討論區有權刪除任何留言及拒絕任何人士上載留言(刪除前或不會作事先警告及通知),同時亦有不刪除留言的權利,如有任何爭議,管理員擁有最終的詮釋權。用戶切勿撰寫粗言穢語、誹謗、渲染色情暴力或人身攻擊的言論,敬請自律。本網站保留一切法律權利。

手機版|小黑屋|A-Plus互動討論區    

GMT+8, 2024-5-19 20:20 , Processed in 0.075167 second(s), 26 queries .