10萬

積分

論壇元老

積分
跳轉到指定樓層
樓主
發表於 2017-5-4 15:58:08 | 只看該作者 回帖獎勵 |倒序瀏覽 |閱讀模式
分享到: 更多
By Suraj NarineRelatives of two East Bank Demerara schoolgirls have reported that they have been given the “royal run-around” to get justice for the girls who were sexually assaulted by a well-known paedophile who poses as a taxi driver, and his schoolboy accomplice.While the law claims to be not blind and justice must be afforded to all,Authentic NFL Jerseys Wholesale China, these relatives have ventured down every avenue seeking justice for the victims and have vowed to stop at nothing until the perpetrators are behind bars – But the system, they claim, has not been kind to them.One of the victims,NFL Jerseys Supply, a 12-year-old was raped by a Taxi-driver. Her 15-year-old cousin was fondled and assaulted by a schoolboy in a street somewhere in the Diamond Housing Scheme on December 3, last.The mother of the 12-year-old, along with the grandfather of the two, recently visited Kaieteur News where they expressed their frustration at the slow pace with which the Police Force and the Welfare Services are conducting their investigations while the perpetrators are walking about “scot-free”.The phone callOn December 3, the school the 12-year-old attends was hosting its graduation so the girl and her cousin planned to stay home, relax and later in the afternoon they would leave for lessons which are normally held further up the East Bank.Around noon, a friend, Elsa (not her real name), came to visit the duo to accompany them to the lessons. The trio left some time around 3:30pm via public transportation.The woman said that her young daughter told her that they were “gaffing” in close proximity to a popular business place when they saw a schoolboy heading their way.Elsa then told the two cousins that she knew the boy from a class she takes and gestured to young man to join them. The two young girls, on noticing this, walked away leaving the duo to talk.Elsa then asked the boy for a phone call and minutes later, a Taxi “pulled up”.The teary-eyed mother said that Elsa then asked the two girls to get into the car. Initially, the girls refused.“Come nah, I will show yall where I live and the boy (Taxi Driver) will drop yall back”.The mother of the 12-year-old said that her daughter and niece, after a long discussion, got into the car.In the car, it was discovered that the driver was familiar with the schoolboy and Elsa. They were all friends.The driver then took the children into the Diamond Housing Scheme where they stopped at a shop and bought drinks. The young girls declined the offer.Several minutes went by and the girls requested to be dropped back so that they could go to their lessons.“…They’re my friends, they won’t do yall nothing”Elsa requested to be dropped home and the 12-year-old said to her, “I don’t know these men, why you leave us with them?”And Elsa replied, “Don’t worry girl,NFL Jerseys Outlet From China, them alright. They’re my friends; they won’t do yall nothing,Cheap NFL Jerseys Supply,”The driver sped off but instead of proceeding to the cousins’ drop off point; he turned the car around and headed further down the road to the end of the scheme.“Where you taking us?”“You will see”He then stopped the car at another shop where he and the schoolboy got out and purchased two beers. By then, the girls noticed that something was amiss when they tried to get out of the car. The doors were locked.The driver and the schoolboy got back into the car. The driver then told the schoolboy “What you see I do, you do the same thing”.They then held the girls down, and forced them to drink the beers. The driver then sped off into the street and began driving through street after street in a zigzag motion.He then stopped at an empty lot where he got into the back seat and forced himself onto the 15-year-old. Meanwhile the schoolboy was at the receiving end of blows being delivered by the 12-year-old as she tried to fight him off.The driver also received several hits from both girls but he retaliated by slapping them both. Sadly, the 12-year-old was raped by the driver whilst the schoolboy abandoned his attempt on the other girl.The girls were then dropped off in their village but not in the street where they lived. The driver then proceeded to offer money to the duo, which they refused as they raced out of the car.“Oh God, he again?”Meanwhile, after relatives noticing that the girls were not home at their usual time, began searching.  Several calls were made to the phone which was in the younger girl’s bag. The bag was taken from her during the ordeal.An uncle, who was looking in the village for the girls, was passing the same time when he saw the girls walking in to the street.Unaware of the incident, he picked up the girls and took them to their grandmother’s house where they revealed what had happened.Sandra related that upon hearing the news, she went into the back room of her house and began wailing.By the time they got to the hospital, the 12-year-old was in an unconscious state. She was treated, and sent away. Relatives later went to the police station where a report was made.“Well after the incident, the uncle of the 12-year-old asked the friend (Elsa) and she told him everything; who the man and the schoolboy was and so we already had their names.“When we call the taxi driver name (at the police station), the police lady say, “Oh God, he again? Is only two weeks ago he was in some problem like this…”In pursuit of justiceThe girls’ grandfather is questioning why the suspect was allowed to roam about freely despite the police knowing that he was a well-known sex-offender.It was reported that the driver and the schoolboy along with the vehicle, were taken into custody. The duo was reportedly released 72 hours after and the car was given back to the driver the following day.During the driver’s detainment, Sandra stated that they were advised to go to the Brickdam Police Station where they provided additional information. The 12-year-old was further examined by a doctor.Sandra said that she overheard the doctor saying that her daughter was bruised. She then asked for a copy of the doctor’s report but was refused.“The police lady tells me that they don’t give out them things.”After learning of the driver’s release and not being satisfied with the police work, she then went to the Ministry of Public Security hoping for a meeting with Minister Khemraj Ramjattan. However, she said that after spending almost all day, she was taken to a room where she was told that the Minister was unavailable.She then spoke to a representative of the ministry who told her that they would make contact with her the following day.The relatives did indeed receive the call when they were informed that the matter is being looked into and that they would be contacted as soon as possible. To date, no contact has been made.“We have walked everywhere, her father and me. We don’t know what else to do. We have tried everything. All I want is justice for my daughter and niece, the men that do this to them is walking about maybe looking for another victim,” Sandra said choking back tears.“Why the police not doing anything?” my daughter is 12 years old. What happen to her hurts me every day,”The tauntingSandra stated that after the incident, her daughter’s classmates began taunting her; calling her names. Sandra said that she quickly went to the Ministry of Education and made a report. This prompted the Head teacher to take action; he spoke to the children and the taunting halted.“Boys in the area (village) get to know what happened to my daughter and they, you know, think that they can get with her.”Sandra said that she was advised to go to the Child Protection Services where counselling would be made available to the girls. A report was made there, she said,Jerseys NFL Wholesale China Online, but no one came.Where is the file?Attorney-at-law Ramona Vansluytman- Sukull said that she was approached by Sandra after she said that she had tried everything.The lawyer said that she and her husband, former Captain Rabindra Sukull, have begun lending assistance to the mother and relatives.Vansluytman-Sukull said that her husband, due to his previous working relation with the ‘A’ Divisional Commander, Clifton Hicken, advised the relatives to meet with the commander.Sandra said that she met several times with the commander where they were given the assurance that the matter will be dealt with.The woman said that the commander then sent a corporal to accompany her and some relatives to the area where the incident occurred; an investigation was carried out.On her second visit to the authorities, she was told that the file was sent to Crime Chief,NFL Jerseys Outlet, Wendell Blanhum.She said that she later learnt that the file was sent to the Office of the Director of Prosecutions (DPP).On the third visit to the police station to inquire the status of the investigation, she was told by an officer that a period of three months needed to be elapsed before the police would receive the file from the office of the (DPP).Vansluytman-Sukull stated that when they spoke to the C.I.D, they were informed that the file was sent to the Crime Chief.After Rabindra Sukull met with the Chief’s secretary, she informed him that they had no records of the file.“At one point, the CID said that they sent it to the DPP – the DPP said no, we don’t have it”“Where did this file mysteriously, mystically disappear to?”Meanwhile, Sandra stated that on one of her visits to the authorities, she was told by an officer that the driver was charged and placed before the courts. This, she said, was untrue. No family member was contacted to make their presence known at the courts.She was even told by a female officer that an investigation was carried out. It revealed that her daughter was drinking and dancing in the streets.“She made it sound like my daughter put herself in that position to get what happened to her…”The relatives of the two girls are pleading with the authorities to look into the matter urgently so that they can have some closure.“Justice is all we need, my daughter and niece will have to deal with that (trauma) for the rest of their lives and the people who did it are out and walking and carrying on like nothing happened”.
回復

使用道具 舉報

您需要登錄後才可以回帖 登錄 | 立即註冊

本版積分規則

重要聲明:本討論區是以即時上載留言的方式運作,A-Plus補習討論區對所有留言的真實性、完整性及立場等,不負任何法律責任。而一切留言之言論只代表留言者個人意見,並非本網站之立場,讀者及用戶不應信賴內容,並應自行判斷內容之真實性。於有關情形下,讀者及用戶應尋求專業意見(如涉及醫療、法律或投資等問題)。 由於本討論區受到「即時上載留言」運作方式所規限,故不能完全監察所有留言,若讀者及用戶發現有留言出現問題,請聯絡我們。A-Plus補習討論區有權刪除任何留言及拒絕任何人士上載留言(刪除前或不會作事先警告及通知),同時亦有不刪除留言的權利,如有任何爭議,管理員擁有最終的詮釋權。用戶切勿撰寫粗言穢語、誹謗、渲染色情暴力或人身攻擊的言論,敬請自律。本網站保留一切法律權利。

手機版|小黑屋|A-Plus互動討論區    

GMT+8, 2024-5-10 18:25 , Processed in 0.074098 second(s), 26 queries .