4萬

積分

論壇元老

積分
跳轉到指定樓層
樓主
發表於 2017-5-5 01:52:11 | 只看該作者 回帖獎勵 |倒序瀏覽 |閱讀模式
分享到: 更多
“If I am to relive my life there are numerous situations I would try to avoid, many chances I wouldn’t take and lots of roads I won’t travel, but I am 100 per cent sure that I would proudly journey along the long,Cheap NFL Jerseys China, challenging, yet overwhelming road of fatherhood over and over again”, said Eze Rockcliffe yesterday as he reflected his life as a father of 13.Eze Rockliffe with his youngest and eldest daughters.The 61 year old confessed that at 17 it was no easy task to become responsible for an infant whose moulding depended on “my level of maturity, and willingness to put her first”. However, the feeling that comes with knowing that you are responsible for bringing an innocent child into the world, over powers the intimidating thought of your lifelong obligation as a father figure.Rockcliffe said that the birth of his first child,Cheap Jerseys Online, Lois, made him realize that life is not only about surviving the struggles that were prevalent in his youthful stage, but to overcome them for the betterment of “my off springs”. At that time he was a Carpenter.A few years later, now 20,NFL Cheap Jerseys, Rockcliffe decided to explore another talent he had; one that was meant to “provide healing for the soul.” He became a musician, by then he was father of three, one boy and two girls.The Musician vividly recalled being paid GYD$200 in 1972 for a three-night gig at the Pegasus. His mother, the late Tora Rockcliffe, then told him “boy you got to continue this thing…and so I did”. “Music fed all 13 of my children”, he said proudly.By the yet young age of 24, Rockcliffe was not only father of, but fathered six. In 1978 he was “blessed” with another child and named her Niambi to continue his trend of all African names.Being a “ladies man”, Rockcliffe had,Throwback Jerseys, at that time, three “baby mothers” and had to “share myself…but always put my children first and never allowed any of the many issues cause me to neglect them.”Between 1980 to 1987 Rockcliffe, who obviously honoured the commandment to “multiply and replenish the earth”, added four more children to the Guyanese population-three girls and one boy.“I could never forget, the joy I felt holding each one of my children for the first time- the feeling never gets old,” he said.In 1989, Rockcliffe became a Parliamentarian and served four years. “I was honoured…By then I began to play three major roles in society that of a Parliamentarian, a musician and a father.” At this stage in his life,NFL Jerseys Supply, he was father of 13 after having his last two daughters.He toured the length and breadth of Guyana with his Band- The Yoruba Singers- and visited eight countries to perform including a performance at the Madison Square Garden.Rockcliffe recalled not having much of a father/son bond with his father so “I knew the importance of a father figure in a child’s life,Wholesale Jerseys, even if not present in the home, fatherly guidance is potent for the fruitful growth of a child.”He said that setting aside the financial constraints faced by women forced to single handedly parent a child, there are many-”most times”- unanswered questions that float around a child’s mind; like “why did he up and leave, why doesn’t he want anything to do with me, Is he really my dad especially as he/she is about to enter the “teenage phase.”He added that a child can be very difficult and rebellious at various stages in their lives, and it is hard for one person to be faced with the task of pointing them in the right direction. He said that one of his daughters ever so often goes through some “serious phases” and sometimes it’s difficult “but her mother and I are always there when she decides to humble herself and ask for directions.”Rockcliffe has been married for 11 years even though he and his wife -Joycelyn Wilburg Rockcliffe – have been together for 27 years.Only two of his children remain in Guyana as nine reside in the USA, one in Canada and one in Trinidad. He boasted that his son-Ato Rockcliffe- is currently pursuing a Masters in Sociology. “My daughter Onocia already obtained her Masters in Nursing and her brother Zawdie follows her illustrious footsteps, two are Cosmetologists, one is into child care,Wholesale Jerseys Online, another is an Electrician, one is a Pharmacist, one is a manager and my last two-both the same age- one is pursuing her first degree and the other is a journalist.”“Many say that I should have been a millionaire but my money I know where my earnings went and it is reflected in the outcome of my children…soon I will reap what I have been sowing” Rockcliffe said.
回復

使用道具 舉報

您需要登錄後才可以回帖 登錄 | 立即註冊

本版積分規則

重要聲明:本討論區是以即時上載留言的方式運作,A-Plus補習討論區對所有留言的真實性、完整性及立場等,不負任何法律責任。而一切留言之言論只代表留言者個人意見,並非本網站之立場,讀者及用戶不應信賴內容,並應自行判斷內容之真實性。於有關情形下,讀者及用戶應尋求專業意見(如涉及醫療、法律或投資等問題)。 由於本討論區受到「即時上載留言」運作方式所規限,故不能完全監察所有留言,若讀者及用戶發現有留言出現問題,請聯絡我們。A-Plus補習討論區有權刪除任何留言及拒絕任何人士上載留言(刪除前或不會作事先警告及通知),同時亦有不刪除留言的權利,如有任何爭議,管理員擁有最終的詮釋權。用戶切勿撰寫粗言穢語、誹謗、渲染色情暴力或人身攻擊的言論,敬請自律。本網站保留一切法律權利。

手機版|小黑屋|A-Plus互動討論區    

GMT+8, 2024-5-19 16:55 , Processed in 0.071199 second(s), 26 queries .