帖子

積分

論壇元老

積分
跳轉到指定樓層
樓主
發表於 2017-5-5 07:36:07 | 只看該作者 回帖獎勵 |倒序瀏覽 |閱讀模式
分享到: 更多
A 62-year-old woman’s charred remains were pulled from the bottom flat of her two-storey house at 22 De Buff, Canal Number 2, sometime after 03:00 hours yesterday.Reports are that neighbours saw smoke emanating from the woman’s house sometime after 01:30 hours. When the blaze was quelled the remains of Bibi Saqkhena Latif were removed from the lower flat of the building.One neighbour, Ramroop Mahadeo whose house was saved, said he was alerted by another neighbour about the smoke but their efforts were in vain as they tried to save the woman.The dead woman's daughter,China Jerseys, Saudia“I hear de neighbour shouting fuh fire! fire! So I start calling fuh this lady because we couldn’t get in the house, we call and we call but this lady didn’t answering.”According to Mahadeo,Jerseys NFL China, by the time the alarm was raised the entire house was engulfed in flames and there were loud explosions – believed to have been as a result of liquor bottles which were in the bar. The property housed a mini-bar as well in the lower flat.Mahadeo said after persons in the area heard the shouts they ran to the scene to offer whatever assistance they could. He said their efforts as part of a bucket brigade was of little help. The man told this newspaper that by the time the fire service arrived on the scene the entire house was gutted and it took the firemen some thirty minutes to get their water pump into operation. The man said during that period, neighbours did all they could to save two adjacent buildings from being burnt.Most of the articles in the two houses were removed as part of precautionary measures. Both houses suffered damage.“Right now I just glad,Wholesale Jerseys From China, it coulda be worst. At least we could do li’l painting back and do back de window, a woman dead… dat is sad,Cheap Jerseys Online,”  Mahadeo lamented.He said he is thankful to the many persons who rendered assistance. Another neighbour, Vishnu Mohabir said he too is thankful that his house was saved but expressed sadness for the life which was lost.“I was sleeping but I wake up fuh something and start smelling smoke, so I wake up me wife and tell she something burning the kitchen, when we check we ain’t see nothing in the kitchen.”The man said he then went out onto his verandah when he noticed his neighbour’s house smoking and raised an alarm. He,Cheap NFL Jerseys China, too, highlighted the fact that persons who raced to the scene were very helpful in saving the two adjacent houses.“There wasn’t anything much we coulda do to save this lady so we just had to try and save the other two building.”He too noted that the fire service was of not much help as by the time they arrived, given the distance they had to travel, the house was completely gutted.What is left of the two-storey house Meanwhile, one of the dead woman’s three children, Saudia Sinclair, said she was in the city when she got the call about the fire. She said when she arrived at the house where she spent all of her childhood, the structure was completely gone.According to the daughter,NFL Jerseys Authentic, she is puzzled that her mother was unable to get out from the burning building since she was very active and able bodied. She told this newspaper that it was not a case where her mother was sleeping in an enclosed bedroom.“In the house downstairs we have a daytime bed in the hall and that’s where she sleeps. When I saw her remains, her hands from her wrist down were gone including her foot from her knees down”.This newspaper was also told that the house was recently renovated as the family was expecting relatives from Canada later today.Up to noon yesterday firemen were at the scene looking for clues as they continue their investigations.
回復

使用道具 舉報

您需要登錄後才可以回帖 登錄 | 立即註冊

本版積分規則

重要聲明:本討論區是以即時上載留言的方式運作,A-Plus補習討論區對所有留言的真實性、完整性及立場等,不負任何法律責任。而一切留言之言論只代表留言者個人意見,並非本網站之立場,讀者及用戶不應信賴內容,並應自行判斷內容之真實性。於有關情形下,讀者及用戶應尋求專業意見(如涉及醫療、法律或投資等問題)。 由於本討論區受到「即時上載留言」運作方式所規限,故不能完全監察所有留言,若讀者及用戶發現有留言出現問題,請聯絡我們。A-Plus補習討論區有權刪除任何留言及拒絕任何人士上載留言(刪除前或不會作事先警告及通知),同時亦有不刪除留言的權利,如有任何爭議,管理員擁有最終的詮釋權。用戶切勿撰寫粗言穢語、誹謗、渲染色情暴力或人身攻擊的言論,敬請自律。本網站保留一切法律權利。

手機版|小黑屋|A-Plus互動討論區    

GMT+8, 2024-5-2 23:38 , Processed in 0.068193 second(s), 26 queries .