4萬

積分

論壇元老

積分
跳轉到指定樓層
樓主
發表於 2017-5-6 00:20:08 | 只看該作者 回帖獎勵 |倒序瀏覽 |閱讀模式
分享到: 更多
Guyana is adopting strategies that fully utilises biological methods as a control strategy for vectors thus the use of BTI (Bacillus Thuringiensis Israelensis) is one that should be more widely utilised in Guyana.This is according to Minister of Health, Dr Leslie Ramsammy, who recently commended the work that is being done through the efforts of the Canadian International Development Agency (CIDA), the Pan American Health Organisation (PAHO), the Ministry of Health,Jerseys NFL China, and professionals of other entities, along with communities in the pilot work currently being undertaken in this regard in Mahdia and Bush Lot.However,Wholesale Jerseys Online, the Minister observed that the work,China NFL Jerseys, although commendable, is proceeding at snail’s pace,China Jerseys, a pace that “is not deserving” of a matter of such serious magnitude.According to him, biological control using BTI can be used in many local communities and is a unique way of engaging the community in vector control.He lamented though that “more than a year after we started that project, many of the people working on that project must be reminded that this project is still an ongoing one in Guyana. I am disappointed and I want to say publicly on behalf of the people who live in our villages that we are depriving them of a unique way of addressing the problem through biological control.”The Minister noted that Guyana and too many countries in this Region have made poor use of residual spraying capacity that exist, even as he noted that access to expensive chemical for residual spraying is a constraint.“I would hope that our use of residual spraying is improved. I believe that we are failing our people all those who have died of vector borne diseases.  We have access to very effective chemical that we have made no use of over the years.”In addition, the Minister shared his conviction that the elimination of DDT (Dichloro-Diphenyl-Trichloroethane) has been too early. DDT is a well-known synthetic pesticide which has been banned for agricultural purposes, but there is still limited controversial use in disease vector control.“I support the non-use of DDT for agricultural purposes but not the elimination as a vector control chemical and I would say that until I die.  I don’t believe we have any justification in terms of the number of deaths globally and the morbidity due to these diseases,” the Minister added.He underscored too that the use of chemicals locally has been one that is full of “pot holes. The flirtation has been so long that the prospective courting partners are getting too old for flirtation.”He further pointed out that fogging and the use of appropriate chemicals to control the mosquito populations is still an effective tool,NFL Jerseys Supply, adding that “our hesitation in the use of fogging bewilders me.”As a result,Wholesale Jerseys From China, he noted that the Ministry of Health is poised to build the fogging capacity of all Local Government entities, insisting that it (fogging) is an exercise that cannot be handled from the Ministry but rather it has to be a capacity that is built into the Municipalities and other such entities as part of their governance mandate.“It is an obligation to our citizens and while the Ministry is trying at this time to do some fogging exercise it is believed that the Municipalities and the Regional Governments and the Neighbourhood Democratic Councils are failing our people by not aggressively taking on this role.”While the Municipalities and the Local Governments have not taken up this role,NFL Cheap Jerseys, Minister Ramsammy noted that the Ministry has an obligation to “fill the vacuum. We cannot stand by and not do anything.While we will continue to appeal to the authorities to do their job we must take a more robust approach,” Minister Ramsammy insisted.He noted though that the responsibility does not only lie with the Ministry’s Vector Control Unit but also other departments including the Environmental Health Unit, which according to him has been weak in its efforts and sometimes “behave as though this is not a role for them to play. It is a role for all of us.”The public also has a role to play, the Minister stressed.
回復

使用道具 舉報

您需要登錄後才可以回帖 登錄 | 立即註冊

本版積分規則

重要聲明:本討論區是以即時上載留言的方式運作,A-Plus補習討論區對所有留言的真實性、完整性及立場等,不負任何法律責任。而一切留言之言論只代表留言者個人意見,並非本網站之立場,讀者及用戶不應信賴內容,並應自行判斷內容之真實性。於有關情形下,讀者及用戶應尋求專業意見(如涉及醫療、法律或投資等問題)。 由於本討論區受到「即時上載留言」運作方式所規限,故不能完全監察所有留言,若讀者及用戶發現有留言出現問題,請聯絡我們。A-Plus補習討論區有權刪除任何留言及拒絕任何人士上載留言(刪除前或不會作事先警告及通知),同時亦有不刪除留言的權利,如有任何爭議,管理員擁有最終的詮釋權。用戶切勿撰寫粗言穢語、誹謗、渲染色情暴力或人身攻擊的言論,敬請自律。本網站保留一切法律權利。

手機版|小黑屋|A-Plus互動討論區    

GMT+8, 2024-5-9 14:37 , Processed in 0.064472 second(s), 28 queries .