9萬

積分

論壇元老

積分
跳轉到指定樓層
樓主
發表於 2017-5-8 19:33:20 | 只看該作者 回帖獎勵 |倒序瀏覽 |閱讀模式
分享到: 更多
Emotions can be stretched from grief to anger and rage especially at the occurrence of injustice. This was the sentiments shared by the families of three young children who died while seeking medical attention at the Georgetown Public Hospital (GPHC) and Plaisance Health Centre.Yesterday the mothers of four-year-old Jayden Mars, and three year old Akeela Benons,Ronnie Lott College Jersey, , with the support of family members staged a protest outside the Ministry of Health, Brickdam.The protest came days after the perceived injustice meted out to the parents of the latest victim, Kevon Critchlow, who died less than 24 hours after he was said to have been given a wrong injection at the Plaisance Health Centre. The child’s father, Kevin Critchlow, was charged for threatening nurses who he deemed culpable for the death of his child. The man has since maintained his innocence.His action was understandable as social activist and leader of the Independent Party,Junior Seau College Jersey, Mark Benschop,JuJu Smith-Schuster USC Jersey, said that he sympathizes with the family now that an extra hurt has been engraved.He says that the father being charged shows how one-sided the justice system is. He continued by saying that “one can understand the frustration of the father.”“When a don’t care a damn attitude is showed in such a case, people will react, it will cause people to behave in such a manner.” He made clarity that he was not confirming that the allegations were true,Joe McKnight USC Jersey, but he explained that if it was the truth, placing himself in the father’s shoes he could understand.He further reiterated the prevalence of negligence by the health sector, which are continuously being looked over.At the protest yesterday, Althea Benons, the young grief stricken mother of Akeela Benons, fought to hold back the tears. Pain was conveyed in the young woman’s face and voice that only another mother like Natalie Caseley and Suemede Critchlow could understand.After a struggle to regain her composure, the grieving young woman said, “I have been trying really hard because she was my first and only child. I don’t know what to say and how to say it; I’m now feeling how my mom was feeling when she lost my elder sister.”The young woman has expressed fear of conceiving in the near future as confidence in the caregivers at health facilities seems to have declined. The 20-year-old disclosed “I am feeling hurt, I feel alone, I feeling really cut up inside. The death of my child has cut me so deep; as she met her demise at such an early age.”The child’s grandmother interjected. “Not everyone could afford to go to a private hospital. I had the money but it was just a fever and I thought that they could have handled that. I never expected for them to kill her” said the remorseful older Benons.The woman who played the role of a mother to the child,Kris Jenkins Villanova Jersey, Anica Benons was angry as she claimed that the hospital knew exactly what they did to her niece as they declared that they will have a post mortem done even before the child had died. The woman’s anger was further triggered when she claimed the doctors informed her that the child will die, then gave up efforts to save the child’s life. “Who tells a family that their loved one will die?”Natalie Caseley, said, “It’s not justice for Jayden Mars, it’s now for Jayden Mars and Akeela Benons, who suffered similar fates. I’m sure when a lot of people, including this family right here,Brett Hundley College Jersey, never thought that they would have been standing in my place, feeling similar pains to my pain.”“I want to know how long more, or what will it take for the Minister of Health to understand that this is not just a one person’s plight.”“It would be understandable if the mistake was made every other year but every week and month is way too much for such reoccurrence.”After following all the necessary avenues needed to be followed, more than a year after the mother is still awaiting justice for her son, as no doctor was ever reprimanded or suspended.Last month Critchlow died less than 24 hours after being injected by a nurse at the Plaisance health centre. Although the preliminary post mortem indicated that the child died of brain haemorrhage the family maintains that he was given a wrong injection.Two weeks earlier Akeela Benson died after she visited Georgetown Public Hospital Corporation (GPHC) with a fever. The post mortem (PM) results showed that the child died from three pre-existing conditions: Septic Shock, Bronchopneumonia and a Brain Abscess.In December 2013, Jaden Mars died as a result of being given an overdose of anesthetic, after he was rushed to the facility with a cut on his tongue.
回復

使用道具 舉報

您需要登錄後才可以回帖 登錄 | 立即註冊

本版積分規則

重要聲明:本討論區是以即時上載留言的方式運作,A-Plus補習討論區對所有留言的真實性、完整性及立場等,不負任何法律責任。而一切留言之言論只代表留言者個人意見,並非本網站之立場,讀者及用戶不應信賴內容,並應自行判斷內容之真實性。於有關情形下,讀者及用戶應尋求專業意見(如涉及醫療、法律或投資等問題)。 由於本討論區受到「即時上載留言」運作方式所規限,故不能完全監察所有留言,若讀者及用戶發現有留言出現問題,請聯絡我們。A-Plus補習討論區有權刪除任何留言及拒絕任何人士上載留言(刪除前或不會作事先警告及通知),同時亦有不刪除留言的權利,如有任何爭議,管理員擁有最終的詮釋權。用戶切勿撰寫粗言穢語、誹謗、渲染色情暴力或人身攻擊的言論,敬請自律。本網站保留一切法律權利。

手機版|小黑屋|A-Plus互動討論區    

GMT+8, 2024-5-19 06:43 , Processed in 0.070076 second(s), 26 queries .