9萬

積分

論壇元老

積分
跳轉到指定樓層
樓主
發表於 2017-5-9 16:17:39 | 只看該作者 回帖獎勵 |倒序瀏覽 |閱讀模式
分享到: 更多
“I am elated as my students are,” said Principal of Queen’s College, Ms. Nadia Hollingsworth,Larry Bird USA Jersey, as she reflected on the performance of students of her school at the recent external examinations.Students of Queen’s College were named among the country’s top performers when the Ministry of Education held its Awards ceremony last Wednesday, and it was students from the said school who captured top Regional positions at the Caribbean Secondary Education Certificate (CSEC) as well, when the Caribbean Examinations Council released its 2011 results.Fifteen-year-old Anuradha Dev was named the Region’s overall best performer for the CSEC exam and also the best performer in Science. Mariesa Jagnanan and Nathan Indarsingh,Authentic Jimmy Butler Bulls Jersey, students from the same school, also recorded the best Regional performances in the areas of Business and Short Story writing respectively.The outstanding results that the school has been producing year after year do not come by chance, according to Hollingsworth.“We would have worked very hard; our teachers, our students and our parents. I always applaud my parents because they support fully so we can once again celebrate the traditional awards that we are accustomed to…And we look forward to even more next year. We are working towards that,” she confidently asserted.The Principal noted that while the top performing school does not operate without some challenges,Jimmy Butler Bulls Swingman Jersey, the institution has been fulfilling its mandate to educate the nation’s children by strategizing.Queen’s College Principal,Harrison Barnes Mavericks Swingman Jersey, Ms. Nadia Hollingsworth“We always try to ensure that our parents are involved in the process. With that I think we are able to maintain the outstanding performances.”According to Hollingsworth, teachers of the school are committed to the education process and thus have been engaging innovative measures to ensure that students are able to learn in an effective and realistic manner, even though classes are sizeable, in some instances surpassing 60 students per class.She explained that while facilities such as laboratories are in place, the number of students per class has been posing a problem, thus the need for alternative teaching arrangements, particularly in the area of Science.“My teachers,Isaiah Thomas Celtics Jersey, they have to strategise; it is imperative that they strategise if our students are to succeed. And if you look at our pass rate per subject area for the entire school, you would see that it is exceptional. It is sad that only one or two students can get the awards. I think that if there were more, perhaps half of the school would have gotten the awards.”She pointed out that it has become clear that the good working relationship between teachers, parents and students is a crucial factor to ensuring that students’ performance are sustained and improved where necessary.“This,Charles Barkley USA Jersey, I think is key for us being successful over the years,Enes Kanter Thunder Swingman Jersey, even in light of the fact that the school is known for capturing students who are deemed ‘the cream of the crop.’ We do have the ‘cream of the crop’,Authentic Marcus Morris Pistons Jersey, but that is only one thing. The next thing is to maintain our students’ performance year after year. I am sure that there are schools around the Caribbean that have the ‘cream of the crop’ as well,Dirk Nowitzki Mavericks Jersey, but they have not been as consistent as Queen’s College over the years. So it therefore means that we are doing something differently.”The difference, she asserted, is intertwined in the efforts to ensure that there is commitment, communication and inter-relation that is akin to “one big family”.
回復

使用道具 舉報

您需要登錄後才可以回帖 登錄 | 立即註冊

本版積分規則

重要聲明:本討論區是以即時上載留言的方式運作,A-Plus補習討論區對所有留言的真實性、完整性及立場等,不負任何法律責任。而一切留言之言論只代表留言者個人意見,並非本網站之立場,讀者及用戶不應信賴內容,並應自行判斷內容之真實性。於有關情形下,讀者及用戶應尋求專業意見(如涉及醫療、法律或投資等問題)。 由於本討論區受到「即時上載留言」運作方式所規限,故不能完全監察所有留言,若讀者及用戶發現有留言出現問題,請聯絡我們。A-Plus補習討論區有權刪除任何留言及拒絕任何人士上載留言(刪除前或不會作事先警告及通知),同時亦有不刪除留言的權利,如有任何爭議,管理員擁有最終的詮釋權。用戶切勿撰寫粗言穢語、誹謗、渲染色情暴力或人身攻擊的言論,敬請自律。本網站保留一切法律權利。

手機版|小黑屋|A-Plus互動討論區    

GMT+8, 2024-5-18 13:39 , Processed in 0.065636 second(s), 26 queries .