9萬

積分

論壇元老

積分
跳轉到指定樓層
樓主
發表於 2017-5-12 00:05:36 | 只看該作者 回帖獎勵 |倒序瀏覽 |閱讀模式
分享到: 更多
An East Coast Demerara woman yesterday protested police inaction in the wake of her complaints that she is being stalked and threatened by the man she once lived with for 23 years.And Non-Governmental Organisations Red Thread and Grassroots Women Across Guyana say the Magistracy should pay more attention and ensure that victims of domestic violence are protected and receive justice.Vanessa Francis, right,NFL Jerseys Cheap, and her daughter Kiesha Douglas, protest outside the office of the Police Commissioner.Vanessa Francis, with her 23-year-old daughter, stood outside the Office of the Police Commissioner,Cheap Jerseys Free, at Eve Leary,Deion Jones Falcons Jersey, to tell her story.She said that she was stabbed 10 times about her body before her assailant escaped. He was later captured by relatives and was taken into custody by Police at Brickdam.Later,Artemi Panarin Jersey, she said that he was transferred to East Coast Demerara and later appeared before a Magistrate.He was put on $10,000 bail for other charges for which he was before the court for and not for the complaints lodged by her, Francis said.As a result, she said her assailant is now on the road,NFL Jerseys Cheap China, sending her threatening messages, including one that states that he has a gun with two bullets meant for her. Francis said she fears for her life and would like the Police to act swiftly.“He is free to walk while I am locked up like I did something and need to hide,” Francis said. Susan Collymore, a member of Red Thread, said that for too long women who make complaints about domestic violence are ignored by the Police and fail to get justice. She helped to carry a placard that told of nine women being murdered this year alone.“I think they (the Police) are lazing around too much. They need to get up and get,” said Collymore.Shirley Shafeek, a member of Grassroots Women Across Guyana, appealed for the Police to deal more seriously with complaints of domestic violence.“Women have to fear for their lives,Brad Richards Red Wings Jersey, while their stalkers walk free,” she said, as in the case of Vanessa Francis.“I think they (the Police) should act more seriously. Women’s lives are in danger, while their abusers walk free on the road.”
回復

使用道具 舉報

您需要登錄後才可以回帖 登錄 | 立即註冊

本版積分規則

重要聲明:本討論區是以即時上載留言的方式運作,A-Plus補習討論區對所有留言的真實性、完整性及立場等,不負任何法律責任。而一切留言之言論只代表留言者個人意見,並非本網站之立場,讀者及用戶不應信賴內容,並應自行判斷內容之真實性。於有關情形下,讀者及用戶應尋求專業意見(如涉及醫療、法律或投資等問題)。 由於本討論區受到「即時上載留言」運作方式所規限,故不能完全監察所有留言,若讀者及用戶發現有留言出現問題,請聯絡我們。A-Plus補習討論區有權刪除任何留言及拒絕任何人士上載留言(刪除前或不會作事先警告及通知),同時亦有不刪除留言的權利,如有任何爭議,管理員擁有最終的詮釋權。用戶切勿撰寫粗言穢語、誹謗、渲染色情暴力或人身攻擊的言論,敬請自律。本網站保留一切法律權利。

手機版|小黑屋|A-Plus互動討論區    

GMT+8, 2024-5-17 12:51 , Processed in 0.072895 second(s), 26 queries .