9萬

積分

論壇元老

積分
跳轉到指定樓層
樓主
發表於 2017-5-12 03:15:32 | 只看該作者 回帖獎勵 |倒序瀏覽 |閱讀模式
分享到: 更多
Rescue workers combing the Potaro River for the missing passengers of a boat that went over the Tumatumari Waterfall on Friday, have recovered the body of 20-year-old Levi Isaacs, the Region’s Regional Executive Officer (REO),Mychal Kendricks Eagles Jersey, Ronald Harsawack has confirmed.As of last evening, there was still no sign of seven-year-old Jaeden Pereira of Micobie, Region Eight.Reports indicate that about 23:30 hours on Friday night a boat with seven persons encountered mechanical problems while navigating the area in the vicinity of the hydro plant on the Potaro River.The vessel reportedly drifted backwards and headed over the Tumatumari waterfalls,Dallas Thomas Dolphins Jersey, which is averaged to be about 35 – 40 feet in height. The body of 23-year-old Captain, Mark Williams,Malcolm Jenkins Eagles Jersey, called ‘Dennis’ was the first to be recovered on Saturday.Levi, of Monkey Mountain, and Pereira were listed as missing while Pereira’s mother Sylvia Pio; her two brothers Crawford Pio and Clemson Andrew all of Micobie; and Carl Joseph of Lethem were injured. The four were treated at the Micobie Health Center.Speaking to Kaieteur News yesterday,Rodney McLeod Eagles Jersey, Harsawack said the village is still struggling to come to grips with the accident.The REO reported that the team, comprising of eight boat loads of villagers,Kenny Stills Dolphins Jersey, went on the search mission yesterday combing the river from the area just below the waterfall to the mouth of the Potaro River.He said the plan is to now extend the search area towards the mouth of the Essequibo River.Meanwhile, one of the survivors, Sylvia said she is a cook employed at Falls Top but her son stayed with her sister in Tumatumari because it made it easier for him to attend school.Sylvia told this publication that prior to the accident, she collected her son and was taking him to spend some time with her at Falls Top. She said she was discussing her plans to travel when the Captain overheard and offered her a lift.She said that Williams and her brothers were in a shop at Tumatumari where they had several rounds of alcohol along with Joseph.Sylvia said they eventually made it to the waterway and went into the boat. “This boat tek long to start. They keep trying to start it and it won’t start. After a long time then it start up and we gone.”The woman went on to say that the drive is usually 10 minutes from Tumatumari to Falls Top. She explained that when they were “halfway there,Neville Hewitt Dolphins Jersey,” the vessel’s engine cut off then the Captain started it again.The cook told this publication that she and the occupants at first believed Williams was pulling a prank on them because at the time he was “kind of high.”“The boat did giving we problems. When Mark start it back, he started going backwards and we end up over the falls,” the woman recalled. She explained that when the boat went over the waterfalls,Kellen Clemens Chargers Jersey, everyone scattered.“It’s not a lil fall, it big. I hold onto him (Jaeden Pereira) so tight but when we go over the fall I couldn’t hold him no more. It’s a big big fall, I don’t know how I survive. I don’t know how I live through the rapid,Casey Hayward Chargers Jersey,” a teary Sylvia recounted.She claimed that she felt like she was drowning and had ingested a copious amount of water. She told this publication that throughout the ordeal,Jason Jones Dolphins Jersey, she kept praying for her and her 7-year-old.The mother said the river drifted her away and eventually she landed on a river bank before being saved by the rescue team. Her brothers also survived the accident.  They are currently nursing wounds they sustained.
回復

使用道具 舉報

您需要登錄後才可以回帖 登錄 | 立即註冊

本版積分規則

重要聲明:本討論區是以即時上載留言的方式運作,A-Plus補習討論區對所有留言的真實性、完整性及立場等,不負任何法律責任。而一切留言之言論只代表留言者個人意見,並非本網站之立場,讀者及用戶不應信賴內容,並應自行判斷內容之真實性。於有關情形下,讀者及用戶應尋求專業意見(如涉及醫療、法律或投資等問題)。 由於本討論區受到「即時上載留言」運作方式所規限,故不能完全監察所有留言,若讀者及用戶發現有留言出現問題,請聯絡我們。A-Plus補習討論區有權刪除任何留言及拒絕任何人士上載留言(刪除前或不會作事先警告及通知),同時亦有不刪除留言的權利,如有任何爭議,管理員擁有最終的詮釋權。用戶切勿撰寫粗言穢語、誹謗、渲染色情暴力或人身攻擊的言論,敬請自律。本網站保留一切法律權利。

手機版|小黑屋|A-Plus互動討論區    

GMT+8, 2024-5-19 05:37 , Processed in 0.068665 second(s), 26 queries .