9萬

積分

論壇元老

積分
跳轉到指定樓層
樓主
發表於 2017-5-14 11:44:26 | 只看該作者 回帖獎勵 |倒序瀏覽 |閱讀模式
分享到: 更多
Days after residents of Kingston woke up to an unusual flooding which caused as much as three feet of contaminated water to invade their homes and caused severe losses and discomfort; they are inquiring why no Government authority visited their abode to inspect the damage. They say that this should have been the case because the flooding could have been avoided.It was determined that the koker attendant had slept away Thursday night last after drinking with the foreman, thus the resultant flooding as the koker was left open.One of the beds in a flooded homeMany residents of Barrack Street who spoke with this publication said that the situation was very frustrating since they have suffered significant damage.According to Glen Rossan, of 36, Fort Street, Kingston, the sudden flooding caused his furniture to be damaged. He was also forced to repair his washing machine and refrigerator, since they were in the water at the time of the flooding.“Right after I noticed the flooding I ran and pulled out the plugs from the drop cords, since it was on the floor where my children could have been if the water and electricity had met.”He explained that most of the expensive items could not have been removed from the ground. His furniture was severely damaged by the water which swelled the material.“The water was rising all around me at the same time. It was not like if it was rising in one area…Now when we start to clean up and nearly done, the rains came down hard and the drains were still flooded which caused the house to be flooded again.”Roberta Grogan of Lot 5, Fort Street, Kingston said that the flood caused undue stress and created unwanted expense, since food had to be ordered, money had to be spent on detergents for cleaning inside her home, and furniture had to be placed on her bed in order for them not to be damaged by the contaminated water.“The water came up so high that the sewage spreading with the water. My son had to bring long boots (Wellington) for me. I get up 6:00hrs that morning and noticed the water rising up quickly and I called out to the neighbours who didn’t believe me when I said we were having a flood. I thought the seawall had been breached.”She called the Office of the President, and a security guard answered the call and related to her that he would inform the President about the flooding. However, to date no Government official has visited the area to understand the plight of the residents.“I hope this never happens ever again. Not even the Minister didn’t even come to see how people doing to help them.”A female resident of lot 34, Fort Street, Kingston said persons had to even move out of their respective homes because of the stench that came with the floodwaters.She explained that it smelt as if the water was mixed with lots of sewage in addition to garbage that was floating around. “The garbage truck didn’t come for the whole week and when the flood come everybody garbage just floating around the place, even in people home. The place smelt awful. Even dead rats were found floating.”Angela Marshall of Lot 7C Kingston said that she was placed in undue expense as a result of the flooding which caused her home to smell rancid. “The water was smelling real rank and bad, I wanted to vomit the Saturday morning, I had to remove my vinolay and clean up this place and I almost get real sick with the flood water.”
回復

使用道具 舉報

您需要登錄後才可以回帖 登錄 | 立即註冊

本版積分規則

重要聲明:本討論區是以即時上載留言的方式運作,A-Plus補習討論區對所有留言的真實性、完整性及立場等,不負任何法律責任。而一切留言之言論只代表留言者個人意見,並非本網站之立場,讀者及用戶不應信賴內容,並應自行判斷內容之真實性。於有關情形下,讀者及用戶應尋求專業意見(如涉及醫療、法律或投資等問題)。 由於本討論區受到「即時上載留言」運作方式所規限,故不能完全監察所有留言,若讀者及用戶發現有留言出現問題,請聯絡我們。A-Plus補習討論區有權刪除任何留言及拒絕任何人士上載留言(刪除前或不會作事先警告及通知),同時亦有不刪除留言的權利,如有任何爭議,管理員擁有最終的詮釋權。用戶切勿撰寫粗言穢語、誹謗、渲染色情暴力或人身攻擊的言論,敬請自律。本網站保留一切法律權利。

手機版|小黑屋|A-Plus互動討論區    

GMT+8, 2024-5-19 21:03 , Processed in 0.072618 second(s), 26 queries .