4萬

積分

論壇元老

積分
跳轉到指定樓層
樓主
發表於 2017-5-17 07:30:08 | 只看該作者 回帖獎勵 |倒序瀏覽 |閱讀模式
分享到: 更多
The Tourism and Hospitality Association of Guyana (THAG) is disturbed, surprised and upset at Government’s support of a new association of private tour operators and the publishing of a publication to rival the Explore Guyana magazine.Tourism Minister, Manniram PrashadDuring a press conference yesterday morning, president of THAG, Renata Chuck-a-Sang, said that her organization was astonished to receive a letter recently from the Director of the Guyana Tourism Authority, Mr. Indranauth Haralsingh, complaining that Explore Guyana has printed on its masthead that the magazine “is published in association with the Ministry of Tourism,Jerseys From China, Industry and Commerce and the Guyana Tourism Authority”. Haralsingh made the claim that this “is inaccurate, untrue and very misleading”.Chuck-a-Sang said that it was Tourism Minister, Manniram Prashad,Cheap Jerseys Free, who, at a meeting with the publisher, requested that the magazine indicate that it is being published in association with the Ministry.She added that the GTA Director then goes on to complain that Explore Guyana publishes on its cover that it is “the official tourist guide of Guyana”. THAG was then informed that the GTA will itself now be publishing a magazine to be the official tourist guide of Guyana.According to Chuck-a-Sang, Explore Guyana has, for the past 14 years,Authentic Jerseys Cheap, been defined as the official tourist guide of Guyana without this ever being disputed by the Ministry of Tourism which has,Cheap NFL Jerseys China, until now, purchased, distributed and advertised in the magazine.Further, she asserted, the GTA, until last year, on their own initiative, purchased, at a cost, an additional 20,000 copies directly from the publisher at no financial benefit to THAG but to everyone’s benefit from the increased circulation.Chuck-a-Sang noted that the GTA has now withdrawn its advertising from Explore Guyana and has engaged the services of a person who is directly canvassing advertisers in the magazine to transfer their advertising from Explore Guyana to the yet to be published GTA magazine.“We take great exception to this,Cheap NFL Jerseys,” Chuck-a-Sang said.PSC Chairman, Captain Gerry GouveiaShe added that the GTA Board has certainly not authorized the Director “to write to us in this manner, nor has the Board authorized the publication of a magazine which will mirror Explore Guyana.”“The GTA Director seems to be pursuing an agenda which we do not understand. Quite frankly, we are extremely disturbed by his behaviour. We have written the Minister asking to see him about this matter.”We have no quarrel with the GTA and we do not wish to have one, Chuck-a-Sang contended. The GTA and THAG ought to have the same agenda of investing in and marketing the development of our tourism product.THAG, she said, represents the investors in the tourism industry. We do what we can to promote and market the industry, provide training and support to improve the efficiency and attractiveness of the product we sell.She also said that at a time when the world, and Guyana with it, faces recession and its hugely negative impact on tourism, it is imperative that government and the private sector work together as partners to meet this challenge.THAG was established some 17 years ago. Ms Chuck-a-Sang said that THAG has virtually been the only game in town for the effective and consistent promotion of our tourism product.THAG has a membership of 55 encompassing large and, mainly, small hotels,Cheap Jerseys From China, resorts,Cheap NFL Jerseys China, restaurants, airlines, tour operators, travel agencies, tourist institutions, service organizations, publishers and allied members. THAG’s membership represents a complete cross section of the tourism industry.THAG used its own resources from its members to develop and publish, first, a high quality brochure which has become, some 14 years later, a full fledged, first class, glossy tourism magazine, Explore Guyana, which has received international recognition.THAG President, Renata Chuck-a-SangExplore Guyana has been and, until this time, remains the only major publication promoting Guyana as a tourist destination. Its circulation is 25,000.Leading tourism entrepreneur and chairman of the Private Sector Commission, Captain Gerry Gouveia, has said that the GTA, as the government regulatory body, should concentrate on its primary responsibilities of marketing Guyana and implementing safety and standards in the tourism and hospitality industry, instead of trying to operate like THAG.Minister of Tourism, Manniram Prashad, said that as former Chairman of the Private Sector Commission (PSC) and former President of the Chamber of Commerce and now as a government minister, “this government will not get involved in banning any private sector organisation.”He added that when he saw the article in this newspaper that Captain Gouveia was very disturbed that the government is encouraging the formation of a new organisation in the tourism sector, he could not believe it. “I can’t understand how he could say this because as the Chairman of the Private Sector Commission he should be encouraging the formation of several private sector organisations…”Minister Prashad contends that anybody can print any magazine he wants. “I am not going to stop other tourism associations from printing magazines…That is not the ambit of my work so I am not going to protect organisations that do not function properly.“The membership must decide that…the tour operators, the hotel owners and the people in the tourism sector must decide which organisation they want to join. I am not going to get involved with that.”However, the Minister added, the Ministry and the GTA will continue to work with all tourism associations including THAG for the development of tourism.“I understand that it was stated that I gave permission for THAG to use in their magazine ‘printed in association with Ministry of Tourism.’ Of course I did that, but that was done after a meeting where it was agreed that they would show us the content and we will work on the content together.”Minister Prashad said that there is content in Explore Guyana that is not good for tourism or the image of the country. He gave one such example as pictures of birds in cages, pages away from an article that says Guyana is a bird watcher’s paradise.“The sophisticated nature and adventure tourist do not like to see animals in captivity and I got a lot of calls about that. If I had seen that I would not have subscribed to it.”Another issue with the content is that there are complains that those in the executive promote their resorts more than others.The Minister said that if Guyana is serious about tourism, everybody has to be given a chance to showcase their product.“We will not be sidetracked by any association that wants to dominate and take control of all other organisations.”On the issue of retracting the title from Explore Guyana that it is the ‘official tourist guide of Guyana’, the Minister said that the official tourist guide is what the government sanctions but THAG magazine has played an important role and will continue to play an important role.“They would be the official private sector tourist guide.”Minister Prashad also contended that government is not competing but complementing.“I am willing to meet with them at anytime but I am not restricting the formation of any private sector organization.”
回復

使用道具 舉報

您需要登錄後才可以回帖 登錄 | 立即註冊

本版積分規則

重要聲明:本討論區是以即時上載留言的方式運作,A-Plus補習討論區對所有留言的真實性、完整性及立場等,不負任何法律責任。而一切留言之言論只代表留言者個人意見,並非本網站之立場,讀者及用戶不應信賴內容,並應自行判斷內容之真實性。於有關情形下,讀者及用戶應尋求專業意見(如涉及醫療、法律或投資等問題)。 由於本討論區受到「即時上載留言」運作方式所規限,故不能完全監察所有留言,若讀者及用戶發現有留言出現問題,請聯絡我們。A-Plus補習討論區有權刪除任何留言及拒絕任何人士上載留言(刪除前或不會作事先警告及通知),同時亦有不刪除留言的權利,如有任何爭議,管理員擁有最終的詮釋權。用戶切勿撰寫粗言穢語、誹謗、渲染色情暴力或人身攻擊的言論,敬請自律。本網站保留一切法律權利。

手機版|小黑屋|A-Plus互動討論區    

GMT+8, 2024-5-12 17:24 , Processed in 0.079394 second(s), 28 queries .