10萬

積分

論壇元老

積分
跳轉到指定樓層
樓主
發表於 2017-5-19 22:37:42 | 只看該作者 回帖獎勵 |倒序瀏覽 |閱讀模式
分享到: 更多
…”the pain lives with you forever,” says Devi Fung On the twelfth anniversary of his still unsolved murder, relatives of Trevor Julius Fung are again appealing to the authorities to rename a section of the National Zoological Park after the slain volunteer, once it is rehabilitated.Fung, an 18-year-old former student of St Stanislaus Collage, and a former volunteer at the National Zoological Park, was knifed to death by two young robbers on February 14, 2004, while walking with a female friend in Arakaka Street, Bel Air. His killers were never apprehended.Yesterday, one of Fung’s close friends,Kyle Lowry USA Jersey, who was also a Volunteer at the zoo, recalled the young man’s love for animals. Referring to the fact that he was slain while going to the aid of someone, the friend explained that it was in young Trevor’s nature to defend others.The friend also believes that the renaming of a section of the Zoological Park would be a fitting tribute to him.In correspondence to Trevor’s mother in 2014, Devi Fung, officials from the Protected Areas Commission had indicated that they would name a section of the new Aquatic Project in Trevor’s honour, once the project was completed.Back then his mother, Devi Fung,Tobias Harris Pistons Jersey, had recalled that her son had excelled at the CXC Exams and,LeBron James Cavaliers Swingman Jersey, along with some close friends,Wesley Matthews Mavericks Swingman Jersey, had started to do voluntary work at the National Zoological Park.“They would go every Saturday and also have meetings to discuss ways and ideas of improving the Zoo and caring for the animals. Because of his dedication he stood out; he was putting everything into it.“It was his love for animals that motivated him to become a volunteer; having set his heart to become a veterinary doctor after his Advance studies at St. Stanislaus, and his love for aquatic life.“He often talked of opening an aquaculture farm on the highway after he completed his studies; his father had already started looking into obtaining a plot of land for the aquatic farm.”Mrs. Fung explained that it was his fellow volunteers who had come up with the suggestion of naming the Aquarium Section after him.A montage of memories of Trevor Julius Fung“At his funeral, in their tributes, they spoke of him always coming with ideas for resuscitating the Zoological Park, at times they have to tell him ‘Slow down,Avery Bradley Celtics Swingman Jersey, you have amazing ideas but you are going too fast for us, let get everything documented so we can follow up on it.’  He was most passionate about the Aquarium and at the time of his death he, along with another volunteer, was working on a project to come up with ideas to get it back to its former glory or even better.”In 2013,Andrew Bogut Mavericks Jersey, the Ministry of Natural Resources and the Environment unveiled an ambitious plan to modernize the national Zoological Park. Some $150M has been committed to the project. Some of the changes planned, include reorganisation and transformation of some of the existing cages into walkthrough exhibits.Valentine’s Day, and Trevor’s birth anniversary continue to be  a particularly painful time for Devi Fung and her three other sons, who migrated after the tragedy. She is frustrated that his killers have never been apprehended.“I hope before I take my last breath we will find out who took my child’s life,” she said.“It makes me angry to think that they are still out there doing the same to other innocent victims.  I know there is someone out there who saw what happened but refuses to come forward.  Every year I try to keep his memory alive by dedicating my photo/post on my facebook page during  the month of February  for him and in the group that was created in his memory by his school friend,Scottie Pippen USA Jersey, Diana.“I am not looking for sympathy,Larry Bird USA Jersey, nor am I living in the past.  My son was here, he left his footprints and deserves to be remembered,Authentic Tobias Harris Pistons Jersey, even if I am the only one doing so.  I will continue doing this for the rest of my days.“It is said “when the young bury the old, time heals but when it is reversed the sorrow remains forever.” When it your child the pain lives with you forever. This is especially true when your child’s life was ripped out by in such cruel manner and the killers  may still be out there. Every year I relive the horror of that Valentines day of 2004.  Little did I know that as he left to go volunteer at the Zoo, that day would be the last time I would hear his voice or feel his kiss. His birthday is another day which is difficult for me.   I still count the years and wish he was here.”“I belong to two groups “Loss of a Child and Grieving Mothers”  Very often women are shunned by friends and even relatives who are  close to them, and sometimes even their own partners who do not understand what they are going through.“I have come to understand that is normal to feel the hurt no matter how many years have passed. Others will not understand unless they have been there.It is okay to want your child to be remembered. We may shed a tear or hide it and smile if you mention our child’s name and ask about him – we prefer you talked to us about him/her than to pretend that they never existed.  I wish more people can understand and be there to support women/parents.It is so easy for them to give up and commit suicide.“I am thankful every day for my inspiration, my reason for living, my other three sons in my life. My heart bleeds for women who are not so fortunate.”
回復

使用道具 舉報

您需要登錄後才可以回帖 登錄 | 立即註冊

本版積分規則

重要聲明:本討論區是以即時上載留言的方式運作,A-Plus補習討論區對所有留言的真實性、完整性及立場等,不負任何法律責任。而一切留言之言論只代表留言者個人意見,並非本網站之立場,讀者及用戶不應信賴內容,並應自行判斷內容之真實性。於有關情形下,讀者及用戶應尋求專業意見(如涉及醫療、法律或投資等問題)。 由於本討論區受到「即時上載留言」運作方式所規限,故不能完全監察所有留言,若讀者及用戶發現有留言出現問題,請聯絡我們。A-Plus補習討論區有權刪除任何留言及拒絕任何人士上載留言(刪除前或不會作事先警告及通知),同時亦有不刪除留言的權利,如有任何爭議,管理員擁有最終的詮釋權。用戶切勿撰寫粗言穢語、誹謗、渲染色情暴力或人身攻擊的言論,敬請自律。本網站保留一切法律權利。

手機版|小黑屋|A-Plus互動討論區    

GMT+8, 2024-5-12 19:34 , Processed in 0.066813 second(s), 28 queries .