10萬

積分

論壇元老

積分
跳轉到指定樓層
樓主
發表於 2017-5-20 10:33:22 | 只看該作者 回帖獎勵 |倒序瀏覽 |閱讀模式
分享到: 更多
(By Mondale Smith) An accident on the Rupert Craig Highway in the vicinity of Ben Profitt Drive, Sparendaam, East Coast Demerara, early yesterday morning, has claimed the life of one woman and left three others injured.Dead: Kishana DaSilvaDead is former Kaieteur News reporter Kishana DaSilva, aged 23, of Bel Air, Georgetown. Her cousin Alana DaSilva is nursing a badly damaged knee, Cindy Charles sustained a broken right arm and Keith King, the driver of the vehicle – a Nissan Titan 5.6 V8 – is suffering from chest pains. King is in police custody.Reports from police indicate that the driver was over the legal alcohol intake limit.The four were reportedly headed west along the East Coast thoroughfare on the southern carriageway at about 02:40hrs when the 4×4, licence number GKK 7778, encountered difficulty as a result of a water-filled depression in the road. It reportedly slammed into St Paul’s Church Rectory fence, completely destroying all of that structure in its path, before partly uprooting an electrical pole and cracking it into two pieces. The vehicle then ground to a halt.According to Alana DaSilva’s report, she was sleeping in the back seat and felt a bump, and when she opened her eyes the vehicle was in the church yard.She then looked at her cousin Kishana who was seated in the front passenger seat (on the right side) and remembers hearing her screaming for help. She also saw a piece of wood stuck in her cousin’s right shoulder.Residents upon hearing the crashing sound ran to render assistance to free the pinned woman who continually screamed “help me, help me, help me” for about 15 minutes. As the few minutes seemed like an eternity to free the woman the desperate screams became faint then there was deafening silence from the pined woman and her body seemed lifeless.Injured: Cindy CharlesOne resident who was awakened by the sudden crashing sound said “when I hear the slam I look outside and see the black vehicle over there and I am still hearing the screams…help me, help me, help me,” reported one man. He said it was a most harrowing experience to hear the woman scream for help in her last moments. He recalled seeing people frantically offering assistance as the driver begged her not to die but by the time they removed her from the vehicle and laid her on the parapet “her body was lifeless.”She was rushed to the Georgetown Hospital with police assistance where she was pronounced dead on arrival.Residents said that the accident underscores the need for a traffic light at the junction as well as some reflectors. “This is just one of about five accidents that have occurred in that location over the past two weeks…old man was killed right there a few weeks back and other people get injuries in the same spot,” one senior villager said. Another pointed to the depression in the road which causes vehicles passing there, to bounce. He was emphatic that “if you speeding lord help you.”When this publication arrived on the scene most of the fence at St Paul’s Rectory was destroyed and the lamp post that was uprooted and broken was planted a few metres away. The vehicle with a hole in its left side and a seriously dented right side front and back was evidence that the impact was severe. The airbag from the left side steering wheel had blood stains and shattered glass form the right side front window littered the inside of the window.Friends in Kishana DaSilva’s social circle described her as the girl from Berbice who came to town and “lived it up.” As a very sociable person she was well travelled and was supposed to commence studies at a university in the USA from September. Expressions of shock and disbelief filled the comments section of her Facebook page yesterday as the news of her demise spread. Cindy Charles was her best friend.
回復

使用道具 舉報

您需要登錄後才可以回帖 登錄 | 立即註冊

本版積分規則

重要聲明:本討論區是以即時上載留言的方式運作,A-Plus補習討論區對所有留言的真實性、完整性及立場等,不負任何法律責任。而一切留言之言論只代表留言者個人意見,並非本網站之立場,讀者及用戶不應信賴內容,並應自行判斷內容之真實性。於有關情形下,讀者及用戶應尋求專業意見(如涉及醫療、法律或投資等問題)。 由於本討論區受到「即時上載留言」運作方式所規限,故不能完全監察所有留言,若讀者及用戶發現有留言出現問題,請聯絡我們。A-Plus補習討論區有權刪除任何留言及拒絕任何人士上載留言(刪除前或不會作事先警告及通知),同時亦有不刪除留言的權利,如有任何爭議,管理員擁有最終的詮釋權。用戶切勿撰寫粗言穢語、誹謗、渲染色情暴力或人身攻擊的言論,敬請自律。本網站保留一切法律權利。

手機版|小黑屋|A-Plus互動討論區    

GMT+8, 2024-5-12 09:58 , Processed in 0.073689 second(s), 28 queries .