10萬

積分

論壇元老

積分
跳轉到指定樓層
樓主
發表於 2017-5-23 14:28:27 | 只看該作者 回帖獎勵 |倒序瀏覽 |閱讀模式
分享到: 更多
– executive member vanishes after re-selling house lotsNEW AMSTERDAM, BERBICE – Members of a New Amsterdam housing group are alleging that a senior group member has vanished with their money after re-selling house lots that they had already purchased.Police who are investigating the claims said that the fraudster may have taken some $1 million,Kevin Durant USA Jersey, but the victims say that they have lost much more.So far, four victims have contacted the police, and a report on the case has been sent to the office of the Director of Public Prosecutions.The victims are from the New Savannah Park Community Development Housing Group.House lot owner Rayburn October explained that the 84 group members paid $152,Karl Malone USA Jersey,000 each to purchase the 50 by 90 feet house lots.The payments to the Town Council collectively commenced in 2005.The final sum of $600,000 was paid on October 9, and the Transport for the entire housing scheme was uplifted on October 16.All house lots in that scheme were sold in 2005 but there were some persons who paid in monthly and weekly installments.According to Mr. October, it took about five years for the entire deal to finalize and within that time the senior member of the group had re-sold at least 15 plots of land at higher prices ranging from $300,000 to $500,Authentic Isaiah Thomas Celtics Jersey,000 and never informed them.Earlier this year, the said member informed the 84 persons that some among them had not been honouring their obligations. In addition they were told that a few lots, 15 in number may have to be re-sold.“Each time he came to a meeting, every other Sunday, he would say we have defaulters and he would sell back about 15 house lots and give back the money already paid to the defaulters,” Mr. October stated.But he alleged that unknown to them, the senior group member was selling plots which were already paid for.Some of the group members are unsure whether their plots have been re-sold.Some of the new buyers were never allowed to view their plot but just given the assurance that all is well.But the scam unfolded on October 11,Paul George USA Jersey, last, this year when a man attended one of their bi-weekly meetings and announced that he had purchased a plot in the very scheme three days before.The gentleman produced a receipt signed by the very member who is now missing in action.“How could he have purchased a plot when all were sold out since 2005? I don’t even know if my land is sold. The original owners would have house lots but the people he sold to do not have lot numbers and they never even see them and they had receipts to show they bought it from him,” Mr. October said.Orlin Lagdoue is one of the 84 members who already own a plot. When she learnt the lots owned by defaulters were up for sale, she purchased one for her sister Collette Stephen who lives in the United States of America.On May 4 this year,Isaiah Thomas Celtics Jersey, Orlin Lagdoue paid $300,000, which was more than the real cost for the land, to the member and was given an official receipt.Each time she enquired of the exact location of the ‘house lot’ she was given the royal run around. “Every day I would be on my land because I am building my house at Lot 37. I realized that there are several people with this lot problem and we suspect something wrong. I would see him bringing different people and showing them lots.”She eventually confronted the wayward member who gave her the assurance that everything was alright.“Eventually when I realize what happening I went to the Central Police Station. The police say I got to get a Power of Attorney before I can do anything because it is in my sister’s name.”Symone George of Lot 39 Stanleytown in New Amsterdam is representing her brother Stayon Samuels who resides in Barbados. On September 24,Enes Kanter Thunder Swingman Jersey, while on vacation in Guyana, he paid $300,000 for a plot.But each time he tried to make an appointment with this member to see where the land is located the man kept putting him off.“When my mother went to his home in Smythfield, his reputed wife said he was back in the interior during the weekend of October 10th. We were later told by the Chairman of the committee that he would be back in Berbice by October 12, to repay the money.“He never showed up and we never heard from him again.”“All my brother wants is his money back. We don’t want the land no more, is disputed land.”hotocopies of receipts for land payment, legal and surveying fees for $300,000 each were given to the Kaieteur News for three other victims. They are dated February, May and August 2009 respectively.According to them the number of persons who were fleeced is uncertain but new cases come up frequently as word of the scam spreads.The original 84 members were also required to pay a monthly fee of $1,Steven Adams Thunder Swingman Jersey,200 each for the development of the necessary infrastructure of the scheme and those payments began in 2005 as well. This sum too has vanished.According to Mr. October, an account was opened at a commercial bank in New Amsterdam and all funds collected were to be deposited immediately.“On October 10 we found out that this particular member was not banking the money he collected from members and the new people he sold to.“Another senior member knew of it all the time and now he is now looking to resign but we tell him he cannot resign until he cleans up this mess.”The members claimed even the ball field,Tobias Harris Pistons Swingman Jersey, which spans four plots,Authentic Harrison Barnes Mavericks Jersey, was sold by this member as well.The man who has reportedly disappeared is also a member of a committee that was established in Tucber a few months ago. Police investigations are continuing.
回復

使用道具 舉報

您需要登錄後才可以回帖 登錄 | 立即註冊

本版積分規則

重要聲明:本討論區是以即時上載留言的方式運作,A-Plus補習討論區對所有留言的真實性、完整性及立場等,不負任何法律責任。而一切留言之言論只代表留言者個人意見,並非本網站之立場,讀者及用戶不應信賴內容,並應自行判斷內容之真實性。於有關情形下,讀者及用戶應尋求專業意見(如涉及醫療、法律或投資等問題)。 由於本討論區受到「即時上載留言」運作方式所規限,故不能完全監察所有留言,若讀者及用戶發現有留言出現問題,請聯絡我們。A-Plus補習討論區有權刪除任何留言及拒絕任何人士上載留言(刪除前或不會作事先警告及通知),同時亦有不刪除留言的權利,如有任何爭議,管理員擁有最終的詮釋權。用戶切勿撰寫粗言穢語、誹謗、渲染色情暴力或人身攻擊的言論,敬請自律。本網站保留一切法律權利。

手機版|小黑屋|A-Plus互動討論區    

GMT+8, 2024-5-19 04:49 , Processed in 0.072131 second(s), 26 queries .