4萬

積分

論壇元老

積分
跳轉到指定樓層
樓主
發表於 2017-5-24 04:50:41 | 只看該作者 回帖獎勵 |倒序瀏覽 |閱讀模式
分享到: 更多
Over the last few days, the office of the Region Three Democratic Council (RDC) has been in a state of confusion, as people waited to be re-registered to be eligible for Public Assistance.According to the Chairman of the RDC for Region Three, Julius Faerber, persons receiving Public Assistance need to renew their forms every year,Authentic Jerseys Cheap, in order to keep on receiving assistance from the Government.The renewal for persons living on the West Bank of Demerara took three days and was completed on Thursday. In those three days, there was confusion at the RDC office in Vreed-en-Hoop, as multitudes of persons came to renew their Public Assistance forms.“It was done in a haphazard manner,” said Faerber.The exercise was initially done on a first-come first-served basis, but a numbering system was introduced on the second day of re-registration. “Persons living with disabilities were given priority,” noted Faerber.He said that he thought that the process would have been done in a much more orderly fashion, since lessons had been learnt from the confusion that ensued from the re-registration for the West Bank Demerara.He said that he thought the re-registration was on track, and said that the renewal process would be taken to the West Coast Demerara in the coming week. Since the West Coast Demerara is a much bigger area, and the population is much more spread out, Faerber estimates that the process would take approximately one week.Despite the Regional Chairman’s thoughts, many persons waiting for their forms to be renewed alleged that there were serious levels of corruption in the whole process.“The people at the door are just turning away people who come to get their forms renewed,” said one woman. “They are letting other people that they know come to the front of the line. It is not fair, after we have been waiting here for so long.”One of the single-parent mothers who waited outside of the RDC office trying to renew her forms said that for two days she had gone to the RDC office at 6:00 hours, since persons applying were told to go there early.She said that even though she was one of the first persons there, she still did not get through.This, she said, was due to the fact that persons working at the RDC office picked certain people to go in, despite the number system that was in place.“They (RDC staffers) picked people to go in, and everyone else had to wait,” she said.She added that she waited until 18:00 hours, hoping that she would be called in to renew her Public Assistance forms. She was not called.The single parent of five children said that approximately 40 other persons like herself did not get through, though they waited. She said that there was supposed to be another re-registration exercise on February 6.“I sell at a sweetie stand,” she said. “And if I don’t sell then me and my children do not eat.” She explained that she had tried for three years before she got through with Public Assistance, but highlighted that every year persons faced the same problems when they tried to get their forms renewed.She noted that much criticism was given to parents on Public Assistance, saying that their children were not in school.This was not the case with every single parent on Public Assistance, since her children were all attending school, and were doing quite well, she said.“If I get through with the Public Assistance, I will be able to be a better mother to my children,” she said.She said that she would keep on trying to get whatever assistance she could, to help her raise her children.
回復

使用道具 舉報

您需要登錄後才可以回帖 登錄 | 立即註冊

本版積分規則

重要聲明:本討論區是以即時上載留言的方式運作,A-Plus補習討論區對所有留言的真實性、完整性及立場等,不負任何法律責任。而一切留言之言論只代表留言者個人意見,並非本網站之立場,讀者及用戶不應信賴內容,並應自行判斷內容之真實性。於有關情形下,讀者及用戶應尋求專業意見(如涉及醫療、法律或投資等問題)。 由於本討論區受到「即時上載留言」運作方式所規限,故不能完全監察所有留言,若讀者及用戶發現有留言出現問題,請聯絡我們。A-Plus補習討論區有權刪除任何留言及拒絕任何人士上載留言(刪除前或不會作事先警告及通知),同時亦有不刪除留言的權利,如有任何爭議,管理員擁有最終的詮釋權。用戶切勿撰寫粗言穢語、誹謗、渲染色情暴力或人身攻擊的言論,敬請自律。本網站保留一切法律權利。

手機版|小黑屋|A-Plus互動討論區    

GMT+8, 2024-5-2 21:05 , Processed in 0.067747 second(s), 26 queries .