9萬

積分

論壇元老

積分
跳轉到指定樓層
樓主
發表於 2017-5-30 19:37:01 | 只看該作者 回帖獎勵 |倒序瀏覽 |閱讀模式
分享到: 更多
By Kiana Wilburg, Sunita SamarooThe Horticulture industry, which deals with the cultivation and management of plants, has received an overwhelming response at this year’s GuyExpo event, as some of the most popular flowers like roses and orchids, as well as foreign ornamentals, like chrysanthemums, are being goggled up.Over the past years, the horticultural sector has always received a welcoming response. However,Rod Woodson Steelers Jersey UK, according to those horticulturalists who spoke with Kaieteur News, the GuyExpo event is certainly one of the best marketing strategies that have afforded them opportunities to penetrate the financial market.Indira, one of the exhibitors, holding the only remaining hanging orchid at her booth.In addition to this, one Botanist at the trade fair said, “Among some people in our society, plants are  just appreciated for their decorative beauty, but with the trade fair, we get the opportunity to actually interact with persons and share the love we have for this sector. It is definitely more than just the propagation of plants and I am very grateful when I am able to change the way people see plants.”Another horticulturist said, “The propagation of plants is one of the most captivating areas of the science,James Harrison Steelers Jersey UK, and the art of horticulture has certainly become something that can be shared and marketed. At this exhibition, we help people to understand the economics of this sector and how beneficial it can be.”Further, “The sharing of information about this sector amongst other professional gardeners has immeasurably increased the ability to maintain, extend and share their collections of plants.”However,Mel Blount Steelers Jersey UK, “One issue that probably still remains a concern to us is the lack of information as well as facilities that can help us in expanding this industry in our country.  Some of us desire at times to cross breed certain plants in an effort to create our own hybrids.”“We do hope that the Agricultural sector can look into this for we have received an overwhelming response and it is our desire to bring better quality plants to the market as well as something different. Horticulture is more than simply having the ability to successfully propagate plants; it is also a matter of improving techniques and having the facilities to do such.”Echoing these sentiments was horticulturist,Atlanta Falcons Jersey UK, Gerhard Ramsaroop,Javon Hargrave Steelers Jersey UK, who has been in the profession since 1981.Ramsaroop, who is not surprised that the most popular foreign flowers were sold out, advocates as well,Dave Robinson Packers Jersey UK, the need for local flora to be advertised.He said, “Culturally,Pittsburgh Steelers Jersey UK, most of the populace is foreign-minded and there isn’t that great appreciation for local flowers as opposed to the foreign ornamental plants, which are easily identifiable with the demand on the market at this year’s GuyExpo.”He also stated that the Horticultural sector has definitely received more attention from the local and foreign markets over the past years.Be that as it may, Ramsaroop highlighted the glaring perception that horticulture was never officially supported by its governing ministry.He said that, “Local flora needs support. Due to the fact that we have cultured a society that has seemingly developed a greater appreciation for foreign plants, it becomes harder on some horticulturists to adequately supply to those demands. There needs to be equal attention given to both groups of flora. More official support for the industry is a necessity as Horticulture is a sector that has the potential to earn significant revenue, if only it were afforded the opportunities to benefit from more detailed research that could or should be done by the National Agricultural Research Institute (NARI).”“More research into hybrids or cross breeding can be essential in boasting the sector as new varieties can help put Guyana on the map.”“Indira,” a Kitty businesswoman, who has been a horticulturist for the past 22 years, expressed that this year’s GuyExpo was the most exceptional response she has ever received.She expressed, “Whilst this is my seventh time at this event,Vic Beasley Jr Falcons Jersey UK, this year’s response is simply incomparable. The GuyExpo committee has done an excellent job and I must say that the presence of the international community is also pleasing as they have been supportive of my business.”She said, “All my roses are gone and most of my orchids too. This year is so far successful and I am very grateful for this. I have gotten personal orders after the show as well. In addition to this, chrysanthemums are in high demand. I am very pleased.”“It is really nice just to hear that people appreciate the work you have. I love plants and I am overjoyed at the fact that people actually appreciate your work and pay more than the actual price for it.”Several Brazilian nationals and Trinidadian tourists,Drew Bledsoe Patriots Jersey UK, who attended, told this newspaper that they are impressed with Guyana’s Agricultural sector and particularly with what they have seen with the horticulture businesses at the trade exhibition, as they have bought over 30 plants from the exhibition.
回復

使用道具 舉報

您需要登錄後才可以回帖 登錄 | 立即註冊

本版積分規則

重要聲明:本討論區是以即時上載留言的方式運作,A-Plus補習討論區對所有留言的真實性、完整性及立場等,不負任何法律責任。而一切留言之言論只代表留言者個人意見,並非本網站之立場,讀者及用戶不應信賴內容,並應自行判斷內容之真實性。於有關情形下,讀者及用戶應尋求專業意見(如涉及醫療、法律或投資等問題)。 由於本討論區受到「即時上載留言」運作方式所規限,故不能完全監察所有留言,若讀者及用戶發現有留言出現問題,請聯絡我們。A-Plus補習討論區有權刪除任何留言及拒絕任何人士上載留言(刪除前或不會作事先警告及通知),同時亦有不刪除留言的權利,如有任何爭議,管理員擁有最終的詮釋權。用戶切勿撰寫粗言穢語、誹謗、渲染色情暴力或人身攻擊的言論,敬請自律。本網站保留一切法律權利。

手機版|小黑屋|A-Plus互動討論區    

GMT+8, 2024-5-15 15:32 , Processed in 0.071366 second(s), 28 queries .