9萬

積分

論壇元老

積分
跳轉到指定樓層
樓主
發表於 2017-5-31 00:23:36 | 只看該作者 回帖獎勵 |倒序瀏覽 |閱讀模式
分享到: 更多
By Suraj NarineAs Christmas is around the bend, most people would usually want to get their shopping out of the way to avoid the last minute rush. But what happens to the bargain hunters who wait until hours before Christmas to do their shopping?To many, the “last drag” is the best. That is when businessmen would practically “give away” their items to just basically rid themselves of this year’s stock and to move on with their merriments – but not all that glitters is gold.Kaieteur News caught up with some shoppers, recently. They were willing to comment on their past experiences with faulty, sometimes expired and mostly “no good” items that they would have waited until the last moment to purchase.Devika Ramsaywack,Ryan Tannehill Dolphins Jersey, a housewife, said that it all started out as a tradition for her where her mother would usually “jump” on a bus around 9 in the nights to get to Georgetown. Once there, they would begin their “1000-mile walk” just to get their hands on the heavily discounted items.This tradition came to an abrupt end two years ago when she purchased a dozen tins of evaporated milk from a street vendor because she remembered her mother saying that “people selling on the pave does sell cheaper” during the Christmas season.It was not until she was ready to make vermicelli on Christmas morning that she noticed the milk was months past its expiration date.“Who will you complain to? And when you go back after Christmas,Jelani Jenkins Dolphins Jersey, they don’t be there…” she said.Another shopper,Allen Barbre Eagles Jersey, Kishan Persaud,Jermon Bushrod Dolphins Jersey, a police officer attached to the West Demerara Division said, “Buying things last moment is like buying pig in a bag”.He explained that all the good items are usually taken by customers earlier in the shopping season and all that remain are “scraps” for late shoppers.“The other thing is the exchange… Sometimes you wait till Christmas Eve to buy a present for a person, something like clothes or a ring and you’re not sure if the thing will fit. So when you ask them if you can take it back after Christmas if it don’t fit, and they say yes. But when it don’t fit,Dorial Green-Beckham Eagles Jersey, and you take it back they say it (time period) too long to exchange,” Persaud said.He continued that one Christmas Eve he waited until the last minute to buy a pair of shoes from a popular shoe store. After paying for it he collected the box and went home only to find out that he had got two left sides.Laughing,Dwight Lowery Chargers Jersey, he said,Larry Csonka Dolphins Jersey, “So I take it back day after Boxing Day and I ask the girl, wham here? And she say that I shoulda have bring it back the day after I buy it… The day after I buy it was Christmas!”Persons who have requested anonymity have even recalled instances where vendors would try to sell inferior items cheap. Items like microwaves, decorative lights and even clothes were bought last minute and when Christmas day arrived, it was followed by lament and bitterness.Indrowtie Sookraj, a single parent, said that she would usually buy vegetables last minute so that it would have some sort of freshness for her Christmas meals but that trend died last year when her lettuce “let loose”.“Greens people does hustle to sell out them greens cheap when it get late because (if they don’t) they would (have to) keep it till after Christmas and sometimes it does spoil…“I used to go and buy lettuce and bora and so…When I open the bag when I reach home – because when you getting it cheap you don’t check – the lettuce wasn’t good, it spread open the inside was brown and had thing like fruit worms… I couldn’t go back because it was already late…eople does be buying out all the fresh greens too…” she said.Acting Chief Inspector of the Food and Hygiene Section of the Mayor and City Council (M&CC) ,Donnie Jones Eagles Jersey, Deonarine Arjune, yesterday that they are currently in the process of inspecting however, since their work force is limited he is asking that consumers play their part in ensuring that foods especially meat, display the relevant “stamps”.“We are asking that when consumers purchase meat, especially beef and pork, to ensure that it has stamps that show “M&CC or TC (Town Clerk) fit…We have also done some inspections (grocery storage) of large businesses where we inspected their bonds, cold storage, expiration dates of items… ” Arjune stated.While there were some issues relating the stacking of products both dry and cold, Arjune said that the overall preparedness by business owners – that were inspected – was “satisfactory”.Director of the Guyana Analyst – Food and Drugs Department (GA-FDD) Marlon Cole is advising that consumers be on the lookout for falsified products; to take an extra look at labels and packages before buying.He also pointed out that consumers should pay extra attention to dairy products such as repackaged milk powder to reduce the risk of possible food poisoning.While it is difficult to expedite the GA-FDD efforts to ensure that quality products are available for consumption,Darren Sproles Eagles Jersey, Cole sated that it difficult and challenging therefore, consumers must take all the necessary precautions to ensure that they get value for their money.
回復

使用道具 舉報

您需要登錄後才可以回帖 登錄 | 立即註冊

本版積分規則

重要聲明:本討論區是以即時上載留言的方式運作,A-Plus補習討論區對所有留言的真實性、完整性及立場等,不負任何法律責任。而一切留言之言論只代表留言者個人意見,並非本網站之立場,讀者及用戶不應信賴內容,並應自行判斷內容之真實性。於有關情形下,讀者及用戶應尋求專業意見(如涉及醫療、法律或投資等問題)。 由於本討論區受到「即時上載留言」運作方式所規限,故不能完全監察所有留言,若讀者及用戶發現有留言出現問題,請聯絡我們。A-Plus補習討論區有權刪除任何留言及拒絕任何人士上載留言(刪除前或不會作事先警告及通知),同時亦有不刪除留言的權利,如有任何爭議,管理員擁有最終的詮釋權。用戶切勿撰寫粗言穢語、誹謗、渲染色情暴力或人身攻擊的言論,敬請自律。本網站保留一切法律權利。

手機版|小黑屋|A-Plus互動討論區    

GMT+8, 2024-5-15 22:49 , Processed in 0.065950 second(s), 26 queries .