9萬

積分

論壇元老

積分
跳轉到指定樓層
樓主
發表於 2017-6-1 05:01:09 | 只看該作者 回帖獎勵 |倒序瀏覽 |閱讀模式
分享到: 更多
By Rehana Ahamad and Javone VickerieTwo girls from the Cinderella County of Essequibo have continued their friendly academic rivalry and emerged to become the country’s top performers at this year’s Caribbean Secondary Education Certificate (CSEC) examinations.The two Anna Regina Multilateral students secured an astonishing 18 grade ones.Zimeena Rasheed, the former C.V. Nunes Primary School Student who secured fifth position at the National Grade Six Assessment (NGSA) six years ago,Scottie Pippen USA Jersey, is now the country’s top CSEC performer with 18 grade ones and 2 grade twos. She is believed to be the first ever student to write 20 subjects at one sitting.Rasheed was followed by former classmate of the C.V. Nunes Primary School, and Guyana’s top NGSA student of 2008, Yogeeta Persaud, who secured a perfect 18 grade ones.The results were announced yesterday morning by Minister of Education, Priya Manickchand who travelled to Essequibo for that specific purpose.Region Two also came under the spotlight last year when 16-year-old Sarah Hack who attended the Abrams Zuil Secondary School scored 16 Grade ones,Derrick Rose USA Jersey, not only topping the country, but the Caribbean as well.During an interview with Kaieteur News, Zimeena Rasheed, who aspires to work in the field of Structural Engineering, said that preparing for her exams called for a lot of studying and sacrifices.Rasheed who actually wrote 21 subjects at CSEC said that her career choice was based on the fact that she is fascinated with buildings and interior designs. The top student said while she had not considered pursuing sixth form,Carmelo Anthony USA Jersey, she is ready for the University of Guyana.The young lady, who is a member of the Presidents Youth Award Republic of Guyana (PYARG), said that her favourite subject is Technical Drawing. She has a brown belt in Karate, a subject area that she also pursued at CSEC examinations.“I want to firstly thank God, and my parents. I would also like to thank my teachers for their support and my colleagues for their support,” a smiling Rasheed told Kaieteur News.Her friendly academic rival,Authentic Jeremy Lin Nets Jersey, Yogeeta Persaud, who was quite bold but understandably emotional, said that it was after Minister Manickchand announced her as the second place student in the country, she broke down in tears in disbelief of what she had heard.The 16 year-old said that with all the accomplishments so far she has not yet decided on a definite career path but is thinking about venturing into the field of medicine.COOL, CALM AND COLLECTIVEThe former SSEE top student (back in 2008) encourages students who would sit the exam to remain cool, calm and collective, while focusing on the goal ahead. She added that this can only be accomplished if the relevant sacrifices are made.Third-placed Phillipe Walker who obtained 16 grade ones and one grade two, said that preparing for his exams was a simple exercise. “I never had sleepless nights or over studied; I just remained calmed and focused during the examination period.”The Science student added that he took extra lessons in other subject areas, including Economics, to achieve his goal. Walker admitted that he had fears when sitting the examination but prayed and remained composed.The ecstatic young man said that after his summer vacation, he will continue at his school, Queen’s College, in the sixth form and plans to further his studies in Medicine internationally.“I want to thank God because none of this would have been possible and my parents for all their support,Taj Gibson Bulls Swingman Jersey,” Walker said in conclusion.Securing 16 grade ones and 1 grade two,LeBron James Cavaliers Jersey, Akeila Wiltshire said that she was not among her peers who “overworked themselves” to do well. She ensured that she was properly rested. The Queen’s College student said that while she was confident of success, her achievement as a top four performer definitely surpassed her expectations. The Under-15 Squash Champion said that without the support of her family and teachers, her success at this year’s examinations would not have been possible.FOCUSED THROUGHOUTFifth place went to Cecil Cox of Queen’s College, who said that he viewed the examination as a “good” opportunity for him to excel in his academics. Cox who is not sure of his next move reflected that the examinations were difficult at times, but he remained focused throughout.He said that the most difficult area for him was the foreign languages, as in Spanish, he only had one year to prepare.His schoolmate, Akash Jairam, is aiming to be a student of Harvard University, 16 year-old Akash said that the examination period was a mixed bag, but he was “able to pull through and defy all odds”.The Business student who was elated about his 15 ones,Authentic Kyrie Irving Cavaliers Jersey, two twos and one three, said that apart from his stream subjects, he pursued the subject area of Physics, but it posed a number of difficulties as he also had only one year to prepare.Jairam said that he plans to go to American University to pursue studies in either Business or Law thanked the teachers of Queen’s College who helped him through the “stress and drama” of School Based Assessments (SBAs). He also gave a heartfelt thanks to his parents who gave him tremendous support.FLOATING ON CLOUD NINEWhen contacted by this publication, aspiring Cardiologist Sharmila Ramlall, who obtained 15 ones and two twos, said that she is unable to bring herself “back to normal”, as she was still feeling as though she was “floating on cloud nine”. The young lady noted that while the examination was not much of a struggle, she had to turn her “determination mode on”, in order to complete and submit her School Based Assessments (SBA) on time. Ramlall said that she went into the examination with an open mind, so as to not be disappointed, should the results not be in her favour. She plans to pursue studies for CAPE, come next year.Shahrazaad Khan, whose 15 ones and one two are equally impressive, spoke of his interest in the field of Forensics. The 17-year-old Shahrazaad Khan described some of the subjects as easy while others were complex. The Queen’s College student said that her most demanding subject was Physics because of its challenging questions.The elated teen told this publication that she plans to further her studies at the sixth form level at Queen’s College, but is not too sure where she will be pursuing her dreams of being a Forensic Scientist.“I want to thank Allah and my parents, grandparents, relatives and teachers for all their support,Authentic Marvin Williams Hornets Jersey,” Khan said.And amiable Crystal Nelson was the only St. Rose’s High School student to make it into this year’s top 10. The aspiring Pediatrician is hoping for a scholarship in order to pursue her studies. She told Kaieteur News that while everyone expected her to be among the tops, she was not very hopeful. However, she maintained that giving up her novels and television time to study has paid off. She added that the key to her success today is prioritizing.“I believe that there is a time for everything, and months before the exams was the time for me to study, and I am glad that it paid off,” an obviously ecstatic Nelson said.She attributed her good grades to the support of her teachers, parents,Kyrie Irving Cavaliers Swingman Jersey, and god, without whom she believes, nothing is possible.Kaieteur News was unable to make contact with the final of the top 10 performers- Parmeshivanie Seodat and Rafena Mustapha, students of the Saraswati Vidya Niketan, both of whom obtained 15 grade ones. But will feature them in a subsequent edition.Following them with 14 grade ones and a grade two were Anna Regina Secondary School’s Teakaram Singh; Nabeeha Ali and Kezia Daniels of Queen’s College; Fatima Haniff of ISA Islamic Academy, as well as Anuradha Sookdeo and Romini Sukhai of Saraswati Vidya Niketan.Securing 14 grade ones were Bibi Latiff of the Anna Regina Secondary School, Nicholas Elliot, Sayyid Rajab, and Sasha Woodroffe all of Queen’s College, and Muneshwar Singh of Saraswati Vidya Niketan.
回復

使用道具 舉報

您需要登錄後才可以回帖 登錄 | 立即註冊

本版積分規則

重要聲明:本討論區是以即時上載留言的方式運作,A-Plus補習討論區對所有留言的真實性、完整性及立場等,不負任何法律責任。而一切留言之言論只代表留言者個人意見,並非本網站之立場,讀者及用戶不應信賴內容,並應自行判斷內容之真實性。於有關情形下,讀者及用戶應尋求專業意見(如涉及醫療、法律或投資等問題)。 由於本討論區受到「即時上載留言」運作方式所規限,故不能完全監察所有留言,若讀者及用戶發現有留言出現問題,請聯絡我們。A-Plus補習討論區有權刪除任何留言及拒絕任何人士上載留言(刪除前或不會作事先警告及通知),同時亦有不刪除留言的權利,如有任何爭議,管理員擁有最終的詮釋權。用戶切勿撰寫粗言穢語、誹謗、渲染色情暴力或人身攻擊的言論,敬請自律。本網站保留一切法律權利。

手機版|小黑屋|A-Plus互動討論區    

GMT+8, 2024-5-18 08:49 , Processed in 0.072644 second(s), 26 queries .