10萬

積分

論壇元老

積分
跳轉到指定樓層
樓主
發表於 2017-6-1 07:17:30 | 只看該作者 回帖獎勵 |倒序瀏覽 |閱讀模式
分享到: 更多
By Zena Henry It is safe to say that whether ‘ole skool’ or contemporary, every man prides himself on seeing his offspring. It is even more auspicious when the number of children born to a man is great because according to societal behaviours, that gives him his ‘ratings’.  Well if that be the case, rate Mr. Hubern Randolph Isaacs also known to his friends as ‘ the Beast’.The 79-year-old who was raised at Lot 44 Supply, East Bank Demerara, fathered 43 children. Back in his days,Terry Bradshaw Steelers Jersey, the ladies nicknamed him ‘Nice Boy’; because of his persona. He was charmer, but what drew them close Isaacs said, was his wonderful voice, for he had a knack for singing.Mr. Isaacs flanked by some of his off spring, the youngest to far left.‘And boy I used to dress. I also did calypso. I was 1977’s CARIFESTA champion so the girls used to run behind the old man.” But while all was well with the ladies, Isaacs noted that the men were annoyed. They hid their women because they feared that whenever the ‘Beast’ was around, it was no time to ‘slumber with your chick.’Being the fifth of 32 children, Isaacs is no stranger to a large family. The oldest survivor of Mr. Isaacs’s merry lot is Daphne Isaacs, she is 50- years-old, while the youngest is Abena Isaacs, 17. “All my children carry my title,” he said proudly.The first child was born in the early 60s when Isaacs was about 20 years old. At that time, he said he was married to his first wife and worked as a surveyor with the Lands and Surveys Commission. The first wife bore him five children,Vic Beasley Jr Falcons Jersey, and a second wife bore him the same number. The rest of the children were ‘outside.’“One time I had six kids born one year, and then three in one month, all from different mothers. But honestly speaking,” Isaacs said to Kaieteur News, “I never had the privilege of raising all my kids together because I was here there and everywhere.”The first set of children, Isaacs said, had to the best of him. “My work was surveying and I did that for 11 years, so I was in the interior, but even there, my girls were with me attending different schools.”Isaacs continued that despite being unable to raise all 43 of his children he was able to play some part in their lives and leave some impact on them. “Because everybody was able to get a little touch, even though they weren’t living with me,Rocky Bleier Steelers Jersey, as long I have something it was for them; even if it means leaving myself undone, they had to get what they needed.”Isaacs continued that taking care of his children was no easy task, and at times it took more than one job to tend to them. After surveying,Chris Hogan Patriots Jersey, he joined the army before venturing back into the interior. He was then employed with Demerara Timbers while working at GTSL,Mike Mitchell Steelers Jersey, driving transport buses.Despite the hardships and the losses, Isaacs said he is very proud of his children and proud of himself. “I feel proud of my children. As I said I never had the chance to mind them whole heartedly as I would have wanted because back in those days I was a ‘sweet boy’ moving around,Deion Jones Falcons Jersey, singing and dancing, but I am proud of my children who have done very well for themselves.”‘Life has been good to me,” Isaacs related. “At one time I used to live in a house with three girls. That was around 1973 to 75. They were in order. No one went away and leave anyone. I told them who don’t like it leave, and no one left. They shared the house work, cooked the food and every night belonged to someone. One night I pleased one,LeGarrette Blount Patriots Jersey, then it was another and another, then…. it would start all over again. It was a very good relationship.” Of the three women, Isaacs said two had children for him, while the other lost her baby.When asked, Isaacs sighed “Oh my Lord” he estimated that were there no miscarriages by any of the women he bred, he might have had over 50 children. “I would have had more than 43; I lost a lot of children. I have children in the interior that have not been counted, it’s because I don’t know them; some by Amerindian girls. I was wild in the North West, Matthew’s Ridge….. where I lived for five years.”Mr. Isaacs will however face a sad Father’s Day this year. And though it is a regular thing to gather for the annual celebration, this year the family will be celebrating the life of 32-year-old Elon Isaacs who passed away last Monday after the ATV he was riding crashed into a lamp post.Elon was supposed to celebrate his 33rd birthday next month, but Mr. Isaacs is preparing to bury his son on Monday. Elon spent two weeks in a coma in the Georgetown Public Hospital’s Intensive Care Unit. “I don’t have a Father’s Day and I am not too fussy to celebrate anything,” the father told this newspaper.“I begged them not to bury him on Father’s Day. Even last night, (Friday) I was trying to come to the wake but I couldn’t, I was down, really down; it’s my fourth son I’m losing now and I can’t take it anymore. I am just asking God to help me bear up.”Isaacs said his first son who is really the eldest child, died a long time ago. He drowned in the Corentyne River, but his body was never recovered. The next death occurred in front of their Supply home when a senior member of the police force struck dead his son with his vehicle several years ago. Another one committed suicide, he said,Donnie Shell Steelers Jersey, while the latest died as a result of the motorbike accident.Isaacs said he hopes that some time after the funeral, he would be able to get together with his children as planned and head to the creek for a grand time. He said it is one of his favourite times when he is able to see his children together. Despite them living in various locations of Guyana and outside of the country, the family get-togethers are the best. It is even more fulfilling,Mike Wagner Steelers Jersey, he said, when the offspring of his children’s generation flock him.
回復

使用道具 舉報

您需要登錄後才可以回帖 登錄 | 立即註冊

本版積分規則

重要聲明:本討論區是以即時上載留言的方式運作,A-Plus補習討論區對所有留言的真實性、完整性及立場等,不負任何法律責任。而一切留言之言論只代表留言者個人意見,並非本網站之立場,讀者及用戶不應信賴內容,並應自行判斷內容之真實性。於有關情形下,讀者及用戶應尋求專業意見(如涉及醫療、法律或投資等問題)。 由於本討論區受到「即時上載留言」運作方式所規限,故不能完全監察所有留言,若讀者及用戶發現有留言出現問題,請聯絡我們。A-Plus補習討論區有權刪除任何留言及拒絕任何人士上載留言(刪除前或不會作事先警告及通知),同時亦有不刪除留言的權利,如有任何爭議,管理員擁有最終的詮釋權。用戶切勿撰寫粗言穢語、誹謗、渲染色情暴力或人身攻擊的言論,敬請自律。本網站保留一切法律權利。

手機版|小黑屋|A-Plus互動討論區    

GMT+8, 2024-5-18 21:20 , Processed in 0.068000 second(s), 26 queries .