4萬

積分

論壇元老

積分
跳轉到指定樓層
樓主
發表於 2017-6-1 23:55:04 | 只看該作者 回帖獎勵 |倒序瀏覽 |閱讀模式
分享到: 更多
– urges DPP to review evidence and decisionThough Director Public Prosecutions (DPP), Shalimar Ali-Hack, advised that based on the recorded conversation between Attorney General (AG), Anil Nandlall and Kaieteur News reporter, Leonard Gildarie, there is no evidence to charge Nandlall, Alliance For Change (AFC) Leader, Khemraj Ramjattan posits otherwise.Ramjattan believes that there is enough incriminating evidence to charge Nandlall under the Terrorist Act.Ramjattan noted that his party observed in the daily newspapers, the guidance rendered by the DPP on the Nandlall case to the Guyana Police Force.AFC Leader, Khemraj RamjattanHe then reminded that the AFC is aware that in 2002 the PPP Government, who then enjoyed a majority in Parliament, passed an amendment to the Criminal Law Offences Act to create a new offence of terrorism.The lawyer said that the new offence, Section 309 A (a), says that, “Whoever with intent to strike terror in any section of the people does any act or thing by using firearms or lethal weapons in such a manner as to cause or likely to cause death or injuries to any person or persons …commits a terrorist act.”Section 309 A(s) then goes on to state, “Whoever advocates, aids and abets, advises or incites or knowingly facilitates the commission or, a terrorist act or any act preparatory to a terrorist act commits an offence.”On this premise, Ramjattan reminded that the Attorney General has confirmed that he did utter the statements in his conversation with the said journalist. He then recalled some of Nandlall’s damning statements which he believed served as a substantial basis for the Minister of Legal Affairs to be charged under the said Act.DPP, Shalimar Ali-HackNandlall had said in the recorded conversation, “There is a simpler way of dealing with this situation you know. I tell Glenn already. He knows I have capacity and I know his. I don’t have to go Court every day and issue press statements, I don’t have to resort to those methods…there are far more effective measures to which I can resort.”He had also stated, “My first advice to you is that you should move out of there… it is a dangerous f**king place to work, is a dangerous place…I am telling you, read between the lines this thing not going to go on for long, people not going to tek this thing just so. Is a lot of powerful people that this man.”“Somebody gun go into Kaieteur, you see everybody nah gat as I told Adam today I said Adam, everybody doesn’t have a newspaper to use as a weapon. I told Adam, I said Adam people got weapons right, is not newspaper they gonna use as a weapon, they got weapons and when you continue attack people like that and they have no way of responding they gun just walk with their weapon into that same f**ing Saffon street office and wha come suh do and innocent, Peter gun gah pay fuh f**king Paul in deh one day. Me a tell you honestly, man to man, that will happen soon.”Ramjattan then said that in the light of the clear unambiguous statements of the Attorney General about the existence of  intended acts of terror against a national newspaper and its owner, such intention all the more corroborated when he is giving a warning to Gildharie to remove from there, and his clear advocacy and incitement of the specific terrorist activity,Cheap NFL Jerseys, it is difficult to appreciate the context in which the Director of Public Prosecutions offered the advice to the Commissioner of Police as she did.Attorney GeneralAnil Nandlall“Especially in the context of a history where this newspaper had five of its staff members brutally killed some time before,” he added.The AFC Leader urged that the Director of Public Prosecutions revisit the examination of the evidence in light of the provisions of Section 309 A of the Criminal Law Offences Act.
回復

使用道具 舉報

您需要登錄後才可以回帖 登錄 | 立即註冊

本版積分規則

重要聲明:本討論區是以即時上載留言的方式運作,A-Plus補習討論區對所有留言的真實性、完整性及立場等,不負任何法律責任。而一切留言之言論只代表留言者個人意見,並非本網站之立場,讀者及用戶不應信賴內容,並應自行判斷內容之真實性。於有關情形下,讀者及用戶應尋求專業意見(如涉及醫療、法律或投資等問題)。 由於本討論區受到「即時上載留言」運作方式所規限,故不能完全監察所有留言,若讀者及用戶發現有留言出現問題,請聯絡我們。A-Plus補習討論區有權刪除任何留言及拒絕任何人士上載留言(刪除前或不會作事先警告及通知),同時亦有不刪除留言的權利,如有任何爭議,管理員擁有最終的詮釋權。用戶切勿撰寫粗言穢語、誹謗、渲染色情暴力或人身攻擊的言論,敬請自律。本網站保留一切法律權利。

手機版|小黑屋|A-Plus互動討論區    

GMT+8, 2024-5-5 12:37 , Processed in 0.069536 second(s), 28 queries .