10萬

積分

論壇元老

積分
跳轉到指定樓層
樓主
發表於 2017-6-3 07:38:42 | 只看該作者 回帖獎勵 |倒序瀏覽 |閱讀模式
分享到: 更多
-family demands post mortemThe reputed wife and other relatives of one of the two men, whose body was reportedly buried by police on an island in the Mazaruni River following last Sunday’s Piari Landing raid, are demanding a post mortem examination.Wayne PenheiroThey say that they are not convinced by the police’s version of how their operation went.Holly Monderson does not believe that her reputed husband, Wayne Penheiro, called ‘Fire’, who she said is the owner of a dredge operating in the Mazaruni River, drowned as claimed by the police.Police had stated that Penheiro’s body along with that of another man,Mike Pouncey Dolphins Jersey, was found floating in the river two days after a gang of armed bandits stormed the Piari Landing in the Puruni River.Investigators are convinced that the bodies were those of two of the gang members.However, the bodies which were described as badly decomposed, were reportedly buried near where they were found without a post mortem examination.This has led to suspicion among the relatives of Penheiro that the men met their death under questionable circumstances, with his reputed wife even suggesting that he might have been mistakenly killed by the police hunting party.The woman, who travelled to Bartica last week following the arrest of her brother,Dan Fouts Chargers Jersey, Deon Monderson, said that she has learnt that Penheiro,39,  a dredge owner, was one of the men whose body the police claimed was found floating in the river.She said that her reputed husband and her brother, Monderson, called ‘Yellow Man’ and Wayne Figueiro, were both on their way out of the interior when they encountered the police.Monderson,Brandon Doughty Dolphins Jersey, who is currently hospitalized with a gunshot wound to his left leg, was charged on Friday along with five other persons in connection with the Piari Landing attack.The men have claimed that they were beaten and robbed by members of the security forces.Kaieteur News understands that the dead Penheiro, who is originally from Melanie Damishana, and Monderson were travelling in a boat with two other men in the Mazaruni River when they went to the assistance of some men who had hailed them from an island.When they landed on the island, they were confronted by a masked man who held them up and signaled for three other men to join the boat.After they left the island the boat encountered difficulties and capsized in the Looking Glass Falls, hurling everyone into the water.Penheiro, it was reported, clung to an empty bottle and floated down the river, while Monderson ended up alone on an island.On Monday, Monderson was arrested by the police after he reportedly hailed out to them.Penheiro working in a gold mining pit in the interior.He is presently nursing a gunshot wound, which appears to have been inflicted at close range.Two other suspects were also arrested that day,Koa Misi Dolphins Jersey, while the bound body of Aubrey Kingston and that of another suspect were recovered.Police had claimed that they had also seen the bodies of two other men but had left them where they were since they were already in an advanced state of decomposition.They returned a day later and reportedly buried the bodies of Penheiro and another man.Holly Monderson is insisting that her brother and her reputed husband were bonafide miners who happened to be in the wrong place at the wrong time.“When I went up to Bartica to verify about my husband and my brother, they (police) mek me to understand that they lef he (Penheiro) on some rock. When I asked them if I could go where they bury he, they tell me I have to get $400,000 to charter a boat fuh go fuh de body,” Monderson said.She said that the father of the other man who was found with Penheiro managed to get the police to return to the area where the bodies were with a view to bringing them out.According to Monderson, the police later indicated that they had returned to the area but the bodies had disappeared.She is adamant that the police are covering their actions since they took no photographs of the bodies to show to other investigators.“They didn’t even tek no picture from the first time they see de bodies. Is de police dey shoot up my husband wrongfully,” Monderson stated.“Me husband is not a green man; he is a bush man. He could never dead like that. They kill he and dat is wha cause he body fuh disappear so fast,” she stressed.She produced documents to show that her reputed husband had his own dredge and was given a police clearance some time ago. She also produced evidence that they had previously sold gold to the Guyana  Gold Board.“They jus lef he deh fuh fish and carrion crow eat he body. When dey go back deh, no body,” Monderson told Kaieteur News.The woman and other relatives want a thorough investigation into how Penheiro died.“Me husband know he self in de bush. He can never drown so. De police jus lef he body so; we ain’t even know if is ‘Fire’.  They jus tell we that he dead and done with we. They just give we a plain face,” another relative told this newspaper.Monderson has indicated that both her brother and her reputed husband have no criminal record.“We want the public to know that is why we come here. We know he done dead but we want he body. At least we gon satisfy fuh know how he dead,” Monderson said.“’Fire’ is a diver. He would deh diving and rock tumbling down pon he and he would come out from under dat water, much less at de top of de water,” she explained.On Friday, shackled and flanked by police ranks,Kenjon Barner Eagles Jersey, six alleged members of the Piari Landing robbery spree were remanded to prison after appearing in the Bartica Magistrates Court.The accused are alleged mastermind Deon Monderson, 26, known as ‘Yellow Man’ and ‘Wayne Figueiro’ of North Road, Georgetown; Ken Parris, 38, and Alexander Imhoff, 35,Lance Alworth Chargers Jersey, of Joseph Pollydore Street, Lodge; Aaron Williamson, 30,Justin Hunter Dolphins Jersey, also of Joseph Pollydore Street,Casey Hayward Chargers Jersey, Lodge; Eustace Thomas, 38 years of East Ruimveldt, Georgetown and Anthony Primo.A police release said that Parris, Imhoff, Williamson and Thomas were charged with six counts of robbery under arms while Monderson was charged with seven counts of robbery under arms.In addition,Bennie Logan Eagles Jersey, they were all charged with simple larceny of a boat and engine, while Monderson and Williamson were charged with unlawful possession of arms and ammunition, which stems from the recovery of an uzi sub-machine and several live rounds.
回復

使用道具 舉報

您需要登錄後才可以回帖 登錄 | 立即註冊

本版積分規則

重要聲明:本討論區是以即時上載留言的方式運作,A-Plus補習討論區對所有留言的真實性、完整性及立場等,不負任何法律責任。而一切留言之言論只代表留言者個人意見,並非本網站之立場,讀者及用戶不應信賴內容,並應自行判斷內容之真實性。於有關情形下,讀者及用戶應尋求專業意見(如涉及醫療、法律或投資等問題)。 由於本討論區受到「即時上載留言」運作方式所規限,故不能完全監察所有留言,若讀者及用戶發現有留言出現問題,請聯絡我們。A-Plus補習討論區有權刪除任何留言及拒絕任何人士上載留言(刪除前或不會作事先警告及通知),同時亦有不刪除留言的權利,如有任何爭議,管理員擁有最終的詮釋權。用戶切勿撰寫粗言穢語、誹謗、渲染色情暴力或人身攻擊的言論,敬請自律。本網站保留一切法律權利。

手機版|小黑屋|A-Plus互動討論區    

GMT+8, 2024-5-18 13:57 , Processed in 0.070275 second(s), 26 queries .