10萬

積分

論壇元老

積分
跳轉到指定樓層
樓主
發表於 2017-6-6 12:20:46 | 只看該作者 回帖獎勵 |倒序瀏覽 |閱讀模式
分享到: 更多
Another groundbreaking operation has been undertaken at the Caribbean Heart Institute (CHI) in a move that was crucial to save the life of yet another public figure.Assistant Police Commissioner,Cheap NFL Jerseys, Balram Persaud, on Tuesday became the candidate for a Salvage Angioplasty which was ably performed by Interventional Cardiologist, Dr Pratik Soni,Cheap NFL Jerseys China, at the Georgetown Hospital-based facility.According to reports reaching this newspaper the senior police officer, was rushed to a private hospital on Sunday suffering from severe chest pains. Recognising that Persaud was suffering a heart attack,Cheap Jerseys Online, medical officials attempted to remove a blood clot which had blocked his coronary artery by using a drug referred to as ‘clot buster’.This newspaper understands that Persaud was observed for 24 hours at the facility but his condition did not improve. In essence, the drug failed to work thus prompting the medical officials to refer him to CHI on Tuesday.According to Dr Soni, an angiogram was immediately carried out on the patient and revealed that his artery was 100 percent blocked.He disclosed during an interview with this newspaper that to perform an angioplasty in such a case is usually considered a high-risk operation. Nonetheless, the experienced Interventional Cardiologists hastened to perform the Salvage Angioplasty operation in a move characteristic of him implanting two stents into Persaud’s artery,Authentic NFL Jerseys Wholesale China, a procedure that occurred in Guyana for the first time. It lasted for just under 13 minutes.However, if a heart attack patient is rushed to the hospital from a distance location shortly after being given clot-busting drugs, the first treatment that is offered at CHI is a primary angioplasty.“If the patient comes from Buxton or Corentyne with some drugs and the medicine doesn’t work and we do the angioplasty then it is called a facilitated angioplasty because the drug is already there and the chance of opening the artery is 100 percent.”However, the salvage procedure is engaged when 24 hours has already elapsed after the drug has entered the patient’s system, as in Persaud’s case. With the operation performed on Persaud he is expected to be fully functional in about six weeks.According to Dr Soni,Keanu Neal Falcons Jersey, Persaud is expected to be discharged today but will have to return within 10 days for a follow-up examination which will continue six weeks later before he is referred back to his former doctor’s care.Yesterday Persaud was resting comfortably at CHI and was receiving moral support from some of his colleagues and friends when this newspaper visited.Recounting his experience to this newspaper the senior police officer said that he started feeling funny on Sunday and realised that something was wrong.“I just felt a stiffness in my chest on Sunday…This was the first time something like that has happened to me. So I went to the hospital.” According to Persaud doctors at the private hospital managed to stabilise him but eventually decided to make arrangements for him to be transferred to CHI.He is of the firm belief that he has been given a second chance at life thus will be able to help care for his newborn son, Arjune, who was born at a private hospital yesterday. “I feel great not only because this facility is here but because we have some of the best physicians here. Dr Soni who operated on me…there is not enough praises for him.“Because of him I am able to bat a second innings,” said a grateful Persaud.Meanwhile, Chandra Narine Sharma, owner of CNS Channel Six, has recovered well from an angioplasty operation he underwent at CHI last month. According to Dr Soni,Wholesale Jerseys China, Sharma has returned to the care of his former doctor and is doing well “by the grace of God.”
回復

使用道具 舉報

您需要登錄後才可以回帖 登錄 | 立即註冊

本版積分規則

重要聲明:本討論區是以即時上載留言的方式運作,A-Plus補習討論區對所有留言的真實性、完整性及立場等,不負任何法律責任。而一切留言之言論只代表留言者個人意見,並非本網站之立場,讀者及用戶不應信賴內容,並應自行判斷內容之真實性。於有關情形下,讀者及用戶應尋求專業意見(如涉及醫療、法律或投資等問題)。 由於本討論區受到「即時上載留言」運作方式所規限,故不能完全監察所有留言,若讀者及用戶發現有留言出現問題,請聯絡我們。A-Plus補習討論區有權刪除任何留言及拒絕任何人士上載留言(刪除前或不會作事先警告及通知),同時亦有不刪除留言的權利,如有任何爭議,管理員擁有最終的詮釋權。用戶切勿撰寫粗言穢語、誹謗、渲染色情暴力或人身攻擊的言論,敬請自律。本網站保留一切法律權利。

手機版|小黑屋|A-Plus互動討論區    

GMT+8, 2024-5-3 06:35 , Processed in 0.057229 second(s), 26 queries .