4萬

積分

論壇元老

積分
跳轉到指定樓層
樓主
發表於 2017-6-7 17:34:47 | 只看該作者 回帖獎勵 |倒序瀏覽 |閱讀模式
分享到: 更多
On the eve of a Caribbean Court of Justice decision on a case in which Barbados immigration officers are accused of violating a Jamaican visitor, word has come of another matter to be filed.The mother of Trinidadian, Don Baptiste, said she has secured the services of a lawyer after Barbadian police whisked her son away to hospital upon his arrival at the Grantley Adams Airport, and fed him doses of laxative hoping that he would pass out sachets of drugs they accused him of ingesting in an attempt to take it past airport security.The police found nothing.The 43-year-old man told local media that he had arrived from Trinidad last Saturday morning for a three-day rendezvous with his US-based girlfriend, but on arrival was approached by Barbados police officers who questioned his purpose of visit, then took him to the island’s main medical centre,wholesale jerseys china, Queen Elizabeth Hospital, for x-rays and scans, and subsequently fed him laxatives.“They took me to the hospital to prove that I had swallowed drugs,” Baptiste told the Daily Nation newspaper Thursday edition. “They did not find any. They used different methods to detect if I had. They give me a liquid to drink to induce diarrhea. My bowels moved numerous times and they did not find anything. I was in the hospital for three days,Wholesale China Jerseys,” he said.The newspaper splashed a photograph of Baptiste lying on a hospital bed to which he was handcuffed. He was later released and allowed to go free Monday night.The CCJ is set to hand down a ruling on October 4, in the case brought by Jamaican Shanique Myrie, who claimed she was sexually assaulted and subjected to derogatory remarks by Barbadian immigration authorities at the airport during a visit to the island in March 2011.Along with a claim for compensation for damages,Authentic Jerseys Cheap, Myrie is asking the CCJ to determine the minimum standard of treatment applicable to CARICOM nationals entering Barbados or any regional territory consistent with an agreement of Caribbean heads of government.Guyanese,China Jerseys Cheap, who have been turned back in droves when attempting to visit Barbados, can relate to the alleged treatment of Myrie, and now Baptiste.Statistics tendered in the Myrie CCJ trial show that 2,128 Guyanese nationals and 1,485 Jamaicans were refused entry into Barbados between 2007 and last year. These are the highest refusals for persons of any nationality.Many of those selected to be sent back to Guyana were usually placed on what was termed ‘the Guyana bench’, where they claimed to have been subjected to harsh treatment before being put on flights back home.Baptiste,Omar Infante Tigers Jersey, a mason/carpenter,Chicago White Sox Jerseys, described his treatment as “totally devastating,Wholesale NFL Jerseys Online, and embarrassing and most of all inhumane”. He said that the handcuffs were placed on him the moment he entered the hospital.“They did not give me anything but peas, Quaker Oats and orange juice to make sure that you did not have any solids in your system. I had no privacy, they had to come and look at my faeces, “ he said.He missed the date for the short meeting with his girlfriend who had to fly back out. “I never went to the hotel. I came straight from the plane … and I spend my vacation in hospital,” he said. “I come here to breeze my head for a little bit because I ain’t see my woman for so long, when I lock up, she in the hotel, when I out, she gone”.
回復

使用道具 舉報

您需要登錄後才可以回帖 登錄 | 立即註冊

本版積分規則

重要聲明:本討論區是以即時上載留言的方式運作,A-Plus補習討論區對所有留言的真實性、完整性及立場等,不負任何法律責任。而一切留言之言論只代表留言者個人意見,並非本網站之立場,讀者及用戶不應信賴內容,並應自行判斷內容之真實性。於有關情形下,讀者及用戶應尋求專業意見(如涉及醫療、法律或投資等問題)。 由於本討論區受到「即時上載留言」運作方式所規限,故不能完全監察所有留言,若讀者及用戶發現有留言出現問題,請聯絡我們。A-Plus補習討論區有權刪除任何留言及拒絕任何人士上載留言(刪除前或不會作事先警告及通知),同時亦有不刪除留言的權利,如有任何爭議,管理員擁有最終的詮釋權。用戶切勿撰寫粗言穢語、誹謗、渲染色情暴力或人身攻擊的言論,敬請自律。本網站保留一切法律權利。

手機版|小黑屋|A-Plus互動討論區    

GMT+8, 2024-5-17 17:04 , Processed in 0.065215 second(s), 26 queries .