4萬

積分

論壇元老

積分
跳轉到指定樓層
樓主
發表於 2017-6-8 03:37:09 | 只看該作者 回帖獎勵 |倒序瀏覽 |閱讀模式
分享到: 更多
–    “Poetry can be a platform for positive change”By Kiana WilburgOver 30 highly regarded poets across Guyana, who have either heard one of her CDs or witnessed her live performance, stated that she is an excellent poet.With this in mind, come June 4, The Upscale Restaurant and Sports Bar, located at Regent and Hinck Streets, will be featuring American-born Kamadyah Yisrael, who is known to many as the “Lioness of Poetry.”Kamadyah YisraelYisrael came to Guyana when she was just nine years old. She attended Sacred Heart Primary and later progressed to The Bishops’ High School and University of Guyana (UG) where she majored in History. She later moved on to the University of Georgia where she acquired a Masters degree and now lectures at UGThe 27-year-old told this publication during a very candid interview that though she aspired to be a lawyer, that changed when her desire to have a family grew as well.“I may consider practicing in the future but for now my focus is my family,” said Yisrael.She said that she found her passion for writing poetry when she was about eleven or twelve years old, but she was never fond of sharing her work. However, it wasn’t until her first performance at church which transformed the shy young lady into a powerful, spoken word poet.Today, with over 100 pieces, Yisrael is seriously considering the prospect of publishing an anthology (a collection of poetry).The ‘Lioness of Poetry’ who has toured the USA performing as a spoken word artist, related that she currently has three recorded CDs and is in process of recording her fourth.Faithful fans of the poet begged this publication to ask Yisrael to start a blog where her work can be followed. The humble poet simply blushed saying that a blog is in the making along with videos that will be available on You Tube.However, to her fans and those who will be attending the Poetry night, Kamadyah will have her CDs on sale.Yisrael related that her most popular topics in poetry are “love, relationships and God,” all of which are explored thoroughly.When she was asked what influences her work,Jerseys NFL Wholesale, The University Lecturer laughed heartily and said “My husband, but I’m also inspired by the simplest things around me.”Though the mother of two is working towards becoming a Def Jam Poet, she describes poetry as being very important to her. She explained that poetry is her outlet and she writes for the purpose of inspiring and evoking thoughts in others. “It’s a platform for change if used correctly,” she said.When this newspaper asked Yisrael to comment on her style of poetry, she said, “I can’t be the soft spoken poet though I appreciate that style a lot.”Nevertheless, through thorough investigations it was noted that Yisrael undoubtedly owns the stage and commands your attention. It is said that “she captivates her audience effortlessly.”Moreover, the poetess shared with me that her favourite local poets are, “Randolph Critchlow, Juanita Critchlow, Rochelle Christie, Jaime “Suru” Mayers, Mark Luke Edwards, Yerrodin Akeel Bowen and Yaphet Jackman… although he hasn’t performed in ages.”As for her favourite International poets, she named “Black Ice, Lauryn Hill, Poetic Prince and Afic.”Yisrael finally stated that, “I never sit down and plan to write, poetry simply happens to me and with each piece I evolve.”
回復

使用道具 舉報

您需要登錄後才可以回帖 登錄 | 立即註冊

本版積分規則

重要聲明:本討論區是以即時上載留言的方式運作,A-Plus補習討論區對所有留言的真實性、完整性及立場等,不負任何法律責任。而一切留言之言論只代表留言者個人意見,並非本網站之立場,讀者及用戶不應信賴內容,並應自行判斷內容之真實性。於有關情形下,讀者及用戶應尋求專業意見(如涉及醫療、法律或投資等問題)。 由於本討論區受到「即時上載留言」運作方式所規限,故不能完全監察所有留言,若讀者及用戶發現有留言出現問題,請聯絡我們。A-Plus補習討論區有權刪除任何留言及拒絕任何人士上載留言(刪除前或不會作事先警告及通知),同時亦有不刪除留言的權利,如有任何爭議,管理員擁有最終的詮釋權。用戶切勿撰寫粗言穢語、誹謗、渲染色情暴力或人身攻擊的言論,敬請自律。本網站保留一切法律權利。

手機版|小黑屋|A-Plus互動討論區    

GMT+8, 2024-5-16 14:01 , Processed in 0.078481 second(s), 28 queries .