9萬

積分

論壇元老

積分
跳轉到指定樓層
樓主
發表於 2017-6-11 09:34:42 | 只看該作者 回帖獎勵 |倒序瀏覽 |閱讀模式
分享到: 更多
– nurse sent on leave, Health Minister orders probe By Romila BoodramThe baby’s parents at the hospital yesterdayMinister of Public Health Dr. George Norton has ordered an investigation to ascertain how a baby boy ended up with head injuries on Tuesday in the Georgetown Public Hospital’s Maternity Ward.There are reports that a nurse dropped the newborn,Randy White Cowboys Throwback Jersey, minutes after his mother delivered him, while another report suggests that the baby fell off a warming bed.Kaieteur News understands that a CT-scan revealed bleeding in the child’s brain.The baby’s parents, Pholmattie Ramjattan and Akeem Balgobin, told Kaieteur News that hospital authorities have informed them that the newborn will have to undergo surgery to stop the bleeding.However, the parents have been warned that their child has a 50/50 chance of survival. The baby is in the hospital’s Neonatal-Intensive Care Unit (NICU).The Minister of Public Health,Bobby Orr Bruins Throwback Jersey, Dr. George Norton yesterday said that the baby fell from the warming bed in the Maternity Ward.He explained that immediately after the incident was reported to him, he ordered an investigation which included the nurse in question, the ward supervisor, the doctors and all the nurses who were on duty. He said too that he ordered that the nurse be sent on leave to facilitate the investigation.According to the Public Health Minister, if the investigation reveals that the newborn baby fell as a result of negligence, action will be taken against the people involved.The mother,Ray Nitschke Packers Throwback Jersey, Pholmattie Ramjattan, told reporters that she went to the GPHC on Tuesday and by 07:30 hrs she had already delivered her baby.“After I delivered, I was on the bed and the nurse who was cleaning me left saying that she going home. When she left I had to leave and go outside because they needed the bed to deliver another patient,Paul Krause Vikings Throwback Jersey,” Ramjattan said.She added that while waiting outside the delivery room, a male doctor approached and told her that one of the nurses had caused her baby to fall.“When he said that,Roger Staubach Cowboys Throwback Jersey, I went in to see and I see they had my baby wrapped and he was in a corner so I asked them why my baby not wearing clothes and they said that they have to take him to do a scan to see if any bones break because he get a hard fall.”According to Ms. Ramjattan, she continued to try to find out what could have happened to her baby, but only got conflicting responses.“One time I heard that the baby slipped out of the nurse’s hand while she was bathing him and another time I heard that the baby fell from the cot; then I am hearing,Alan Page Vikings Throwback Jersey, instead of putting the baby on the cot,Atlanta Braves Throwback Jersey, the nurse dropped him,Pat Tillman Cardinals Throwback Jersey,” the devastated mother said.According to Mrs. Ramjattan, the nurse also told her that she had put the newborn on the cot and the child rolled off.“How can a newborn baby roll off anything?” the mother questioned.“Up to now my baby’s head is still swollen and he is attached to a set of wires in the NICU.” The newborn’s father,Shannon Sharpe Denver Broncos Throwback Jersey, Akeem Balgobin, said what had happened to his son was “total negligence.”He accused the staffers at the GPHC’s Maternity Ward of trying to “cover-up”the incident.It is unclear how long the investigation will take.
回復

使用道具 舉報

您需要登錄後才可以回帖 登錄 | 立即註冊

本版積分規則

重要聲明:本討論區是以即時上載留言的方式運作,A-Plus補習討論區對所有留言的真實性、完整性及立場等,不負任何法律責任。而一切留言之言論只代表留言者個人意見,並非本網站之立場,讀者及用戶不應信賴內容,並應自行判斷內容之真實性。於有關情形下,讀者及用戶應尋求專業意見(如涉及醫療、法律或投資等問題)。 由於本討論區受到「即時上載留言」運作方式所規限,故不能完全監察所有留言,若讀者及用戶發現有留言出現問題,請聯絡我們。A-Plus補習討論區有權刪除任何留言及拒絕任何人士上載留言(刪除前或不會作事先警告及通知),同時亦有不刪除留言的權利,如有任何爭議,管理員擁有最終的詮釋權。用戶切勿撰寫粗言穢語、誹謗、渲染色情暴力或人身攻擊的言論,敬請自律。本網站保留一切法律權利。

手機版|小黑屋|A-Plus互動討論區    

GMT+8, 2024-5-17 18:29 , Processed in 0.068169 second(s), 26 queries .