4萬

積分

論壇元老

積分
跳轉到指定樓層
樓主
發表於 2017-6-12 09:44:29 | 只看該作者 回帖獎勵 |倒序瀏覽 |閱讀模式
分享到: 更多
Although many people are accepting of the fact that life could be very unpredictable, there are few who are prepared for sudden tragedy. This is true for the family of 42-year-old Michael Persaud.Persaud who resided at 738 Belle West, Number Two Canal, West Bank Demerara, reportedly disappeared one day after sailing out to sea as part of a crew attached to a Pritipaul Singh Investment fishing vessel.According to the man’s reputed wife of seven months, 43-year-old Lynette Malik, who informed this publication yesterday of his disappearance, Persaud was the sole breadwinner of the home.She disclosed that while the man would usually gain irregular work, his employment with the fishing company would be the first time that he’d venture into that line of work.Malik told this publication that on July 27, 2015,NFL Jerseys Outlet From China, she packed a bag for her reputed husband in order for him to make his inaugural trip out to sea. She however noted that two days later (Wednesday, July 29, 2015), she learnt that an official of the company (Pritipaul Singh Investment) had made telephone contact with Persaud’s mother – Naline Singh – advising her to visit the company’s McDoom office.Missing and suspected dead: Michael PersaudLynette Malik (R) and Naline Singh“He (Persaud) left all of our numbers but they chose to call her,” said Malik as she beckoned Singh, who accompanied her yesterday, to share the details of the telephone conversation.Singh, who resides at Felicity, East Coast Demerara, related that when her telephone rang one of her granddaughters answered but was unable to comprehend what the official was attempting to relate.As such, Singh said that she resorted to answering the phone herself and was informed by a male worker attached to the company that her son had fallen overboard the night of Tuesday July 28, 2015.“He said that he sorry to let me know that my son Michael Persaud jump through a window (of the fishing vessel) with (wearing) a life jacket and they can’t find he, and I must come down to Pritipaul,” Singh recounted.The woman said that she was told to ask for ‘Lakeram’ when she visited the company. She, in the company of another son and a grandson, turned up at the McDoom office later that day where they met with Lakeram.  There the woman said that she was asked several times if her son had any history of mental illness,China Jerseys Online, to which she responded in the negative.“I tell them for all these years I never know my son sick…I knew he was well,Chicago Cubs Jerseys,” said the woman as she questioned how her life jacket-wearing son could have possibly disappeared into the sea.“He (Lakeram) say he too feels like something ain’t right,” recalled Singh as she queried “how come five people go out to sea and nobody didn’t try to save him.”SUSPICIOUSThe missing man’s reputed wife was later officially informed by the company of his disappearance. But she is however convinced that something isn’t right about the reports she received. She is particularly suspicious about the role of one of the crew members in Persaud’s disappearance.According to the woman, the crew member in question is reportedly in a relationship with her reputed husband’s ex-girlfriend. The two (Persaud and his ex-girlfriend) reportedly had a protracted property dispute.Malik disclosed that following Persaud’s disappearance the same crew member visited her Belle West home insisting Persaud was mentally ill.“But I don’t know ‘Mikey’ mentally ill…I tell he if he know that, he should bring the mental certificate and show me,China Jerseys Cheap,” said Malik.She however disclosed that the same man had shared conflicting reports of Persaud’s disappearance to a number of persons in her neighbourhood.“He tell one set a people how ‘Mikey’ fall into a seine and he could have saved him and how he loose the seine,Carlos Santana Indians Jersey, and we hearing too that he was asleep and he didn’t see nothing…is a set of mix up story he talk,Jerseys From China,” recalled Lynette Malik yesterday.Malik, like Singh, is convinced that Persaud’s disappearance was not by chance.“I believe this was a planned incident,” related Singh as she speculated that the intent might have been to get him out of the Belle West property.According to Singh, the property is one that she paid for personally for her son since he was unable to meet the necessary payment himself.  “He (Persaud) and his ex were living there for over 15 years and they never paid for it…” disclosed Singh, who claimed to have paid for the property.But since Persaud’s disappearance, the woman said that the ex-girlfriend has been making attempts to remove Malik from the premises, insisting that the Belle West property is in fact hers (the ex). Malik was reportedly assaulted during one of these attempts, a matter that was reported to police on the West Bank of Demerara.The state of affairs is one that has both Malik and Singh convinced that Persaud’s disappearance was deliberate and therefore requires a thorough police investigation.“I personally packed a bag for him to go out to sea and I ain’t get back half of the things I packed, you mean he pick up he bag, he new ID card and everything and jump overboard?” questioned Malik.According to Singh, although police had held members of the crew for a few hours for questioning they have all been released and she believes that the matter is now at a standstill.Although initial calls to the Pritipaul Singh Investment establishment yesterday saw an employee advising to call back later, a subsequent call was accepted by a male who identified himself as a security guard who claimed to be unable to forward any calls to “the boss.”Meanwhile, both Singh and Malik are calling on the relevant authorities to look into the matter which they believe deserves urgent attention.While they are currently unwilling to accept that Persaud might be dead, the two women are hopeful that they will soon be able to receive answers which would allow them to get closure and if required, justice.They have since sought to gain an audience with Minister of Home Affairs, Khemraj Ramjattan,cheap nfl jerseys online, who they are hopeful will help them to get to the bottom of Persaud’s disappearance.
回復

使用道具 舉報

您需要登錄後才可以回帖 登錄 | 立即註冊

本版積分規則

重要聲明:本討論區是以即時上載留言的方式運作,A-Plus補習討論區對所有留言的真實性、完整性及立場等,不負任何法律責任。而一切留言之言論只代表留言者個人意見,並非本網站之立場,讀者及用戶不應信賴內容,並應自行判斷內容之真實性。於有關情形下,讀者及用戶應尋求專業意見(如涉及醫療、法律或投資等問題)。 由於本討論區受到「即時上載留言」運作方式所規限,故不能完全監察所有留言,若讀者及用戶發現有留言出現問題,請聯絡我們。A-Plus補習討論區有權刪除任何留言及拒絕任何人士上載留言(刪除前或不會作事先警告及通知),同時亦有不刪除留言的權利,如有任何爭議,管理員擁有最終的詮釋權。用戶切勿撰寫粗言穢語、誹謗、渲染色情暴力或人身攻擊的言論,敬請自律。本網站保留一切法律權利。

手機版|小黑屋|A-Plus互動討論區    

GMT+8, 2024-5-10 06:07 , Processed in 0.072875 second(s), 28 queries .