10萬

積分

論壇元老

積分
跳轉到指定樓層
樓主
發表於 2017-6-14 18:18:31 | 只看該作者 回帖獎勵 |倒序瀏覽 |閱讀模式
分享到: 更多
– fingered by dying JamaicanThe trial of Guyanese born Desmond ‘DA’ Alphonso, charged with the murder of Jamaican, Christopher Bailey, has begun at the High Court in Tortola.Alphonso, who is formerly from Berbice, but has resided in Tortola for several years, is accused of murdering Bailey in 2006. The Jamaican had been wanted by police for the murder of Dorcas Rhule.Bailey died from stab wounds on December 6,Tony Gonzalez Falcons Jersey, 2006, 12 days after being found along Paraquita public road. He identified Alphonso as his assailant.Defending Alphonso will be Tana-ania Davis-Small, and leading the Crown’s case will be former Director of Public Prosecutions (DPP) Terrence Williams.Day one of the trial for Desmond Alphonso aka ‘DA’ began last Monday at the High Court with lead prosecutor Terrance Williams painting a vivid picture of the events leading up to Alphonso’s situation.Williams announced that Alphonso found himself in a dilemma after getting involved with three wanted men,Adam Joseph Duhe Dolphins Jersey, lying to police, and resorted to murder as a way out.“…the way he took was to silence [Christopher Bailey] by murder,John Hannah Patriots Jersey,” Williams told the court on Tuesday morning before noting to the jury that Alphonso was acquainted with Andrew Milton, Dennis Campbell and Bailey, who were wanted for the October 3,Steve Grogan Patriots Jersey, 2006 murder of Dorcas Rhule.It was stated that the defendant “concealed the men beginning the night of October 3 when the incident of the murder took place.”“Based upon that these men were kept from the police until sometime later… This is a case of murder.  Alphonso intended to kill Bailey or cause him serious harm. And this wound was a serious one. It had to be done with some force in the area of the chest… where someone must intend to cause serious harm,” the lead prosecutor informed the Court.Williams added that on many occasions Alphonso lied to the court in an affidavit that he gave while the men were at large and lied to the police even when the men were a stone’s throw away – in a house belonging to his father.Defending Alphonso is Tana-ania Davis-Small, Herbert Mc. Kenzie and Richard Small. Leading the Crown’s case will be former Director of Public Prosecutions (DPP) Terrence Williams, Senior Crown Counsel Christilyn Benjamin and Crown Counsel Leslie Ann Faulkner.The prosecution’s witness Emergency Medical Technician (EMT), Jarene Hodge, told the High Court on Thursday morning that Christopher Bailey had identified Desmond “DA” Alphonso as his attacker.Hodge was one of several persons travelling in a small ambulance vehicle when they were flagged down by Lloyd Williams who had found Bailey on November 26, 2006, lying in the middle of the Paraquita Bay public road.Hodge recalled seeing Bailey bleeding profusely, and when the EMT crew stopped to attend to him he was rolling from side to side and appeared to be in pain. She observed blood on and around where he was lying.According to her, following Bailey’s statements regarding Alphonso as his attacker, she asked him again for clarification,Greg Lloyd Steelers Jersey, and he uttered “DA from Fish Bay” stabbed him.Hodge said when she initially questioned Bailey, she thought he meant, ”They stab me”.“I asked him to indicate where he was stabbed and he started to pull up his shirt and I saw a wound to the upper right chest and he was bleeding profusely. I asked him if he was stabbed anywhere else but I could not understand his answer,” she explained to the court this morning.Thereafter,Tom Jackson Broncos Jersey, Hodge and her colleagues rolled Bailey to his side and she examined his back for other wounds or exit wounds; however,Kevin Greene Steelers Jersey, there were none.“We rolled him to his back and I observed his eyes were closed … I told him I did not want him to go to sleep,” she stated.A body on the roadMeanwhile,Christian Okoye Chiefs Jersey, Lloyd Williams said at first he thought it was a pig lying on road in the vicinity of the college. Williams was on his way back to town after dropping off some parishioners in the Little Dix Hill area. He was the volunteer driver for the New Life Baptist Church.“He was in the middle of the road and his head was facing the Marine Centre and his feet toward the Agriculture farm … he had a lot of blood on his chest and hand.”He remembered calling 911 at 11:41 p.m., and while on his mobile phone he saw a small ambulance coming from the western direction. He stopped the vehicle and the two EMTs and nurse assisted him until the larger, better equipped ambulance arrived about 15 minutes later. He said the EMT asked the wounded man who stabbed him and in a faint voice, Bailey replied “DA, Tony’s brother.”Bailey, Andrew ‘Ratty’ Milton and Dennis ‘Soupy’ Campbell were wanted for the murder of Dorcas Rhule on October 3, 2006.Alphonso assisted to find residence for the three Jamaican men.The first witness who took the stand yesterday was Lentil Tony, the contractor in charge of building Alphonso’s wall in Fish Bay at his residence.Tony claimed he never hired Milton, Campbell or Bailey to work for him. He disclosed that on October 2, 2006, Milton approached him for a job,Marcus Allen Raiders Jersey, but he turned him down.Other witnesses were police officers Terry Humphrey who found Campbell in the Skelton Quarry and retrieved a Samsung mobile phone from him and George James who found bags and suitcases of clothing in a house located in Fish Bay.The trial continues on Tuesday.
回復

使用道具 舉報

您需要登錄後才可以回帖 登錄 | 立即註冊

本版積分規則

重要聲明:本討論區是以即時上載留言的方式運作,A-Plus補習討論區對所有留言的真實性、完整性及立場等,不負任何法律責任。而一切留言之言論只代表留言者個人意見,並非本網站之立場,讀者及用戶不應信賴內容,並應自行判斷內容之真實性。於有關情形下,讀者及用戶應尋求專業意見(如涉及醫療、法律或投資等問題)。 由於本討論區受到「即時上載留言」運作方式所規限,故不能完全監察所有留言,若讀者及用戶發現有留言出現問題,請聯絡我們。A-Plus補習討論區有權刪除任何留言及拒絕任何人士上載留言(刪除前或不會作事先警告及通知),同時亦有不刪除留言的權利,如有任何爭議,管理員擁有最終的詮釋權。用戶切勿撰寫粗言穢語、誹謗、渲染色情暴力或人身攻擊的言論,敬請自律。本網站保留一切法律權利。

手機版|小黑屋|A-Plus互動討論區    

GMT+8, 2024-5-11 21:05 , Processed in 0.075268 second(s), 28 queries .