帖子

積分

論壇元老

積分
跳轉到指定樓層
樓主
發表於 2017-6-18 18:19:42 | 只看該作者 回帖獎勵 |倒序瀏覽 |閱讀模式
分享到: 更多
By Michael JordanPresident of the Guyana Human Rights Association (GHRA)  Michael Mc Cormack believes that there should be “a more serious investigation” into the death of Assistant Superintendent Ivelaw Murray, although police officials have indicated that the case is as good as closed.Mr. Mc Cormack confirmed yesterday that Murray’s father, retired Superintendant, Ivan Daniels, who believes that his son was murdered, had approached the GHRA.“The facts, in our view, require a more serious investigation,” The GHRA President told Kaieteur News.“An inquest is probably the way to go…the circumstances require an inquest, and we are still reviewing what other steps should be taken.”The dead rank’s father told Kaieteur News that the family had handed some documents pertaining to the case to the GHRA as well as to the Police Complaints Authority (PAC).ASP Ivelaw MurrayDaniels said that the documents included photographs,Cheap NFL Jerseys China, which showed ASP Murray’s gunshot injuries, and Dr. Vivekanand Brijmohan’s post mortem report.PCA Chairman and former Chancellor of the Judiciary,Jerseys From China, Cecil Kennard told Kaieteur News last night that the dead rank’s mother had met with him.He said that she had given him a statement and had also handed over photographs which showed Murray’s injuries. However, he said that he was not given Dr. Brijmohan’s report.Kennard explained that because the case was one of “unnatural death”, the Police Commissioner is duty bound to send a report to the Director of Public Prosecutions (DPP), who could either recommend that an inquest be conducted or that persons be charged.“The Commissioner of Police does not have the final say. The Commissioner (Greene) can’t close the file just like that. He should carry out an investigation and send the relevant statements to me…The DPP has the final say in deciding if anyone is criminally responsible.”Copies of the photographs, which were also given to Kaieteur News, show the wounds below Murray’s chin and the exit wound between the eyebrows.The photographs also show the entrance and exit wounds by the temples.Kaieteur News also has a copy of Dr. Brijmohan’s autopsy report,Alex Delvecchio Red Wings Jersey, which stated that death was due to “unnatural causes.”According to Mr. Daniels, he also gave the GHRA information which pointed to foul play in his son’s death.“The people (GHRA and Police Complaints Authority) were amazed at the Commissioner’s stand (in claiming murder/suicide).“We are continuing with this…we are not giving up.”Murray’s relatives say that a medical expert has said that Murray would have been unable to fire both shots, since either shot would have killed him. Medical experts who spoke to Kaieteur News gave differing opinions on whether Murray could have fired both shots.Murray’s relatives also point to the absence of gunpowder residue on his hands, and the failure of investigators to retrieve any of the warheads in the dead police officer’s home.Investigators who spoke with Kaieteur News stated that all the ranks who were on duty at the Springlands Police Station on the fateful night should have had their hands swabbed for gunpowder residue.All reports indicate that this was not done.Kaieteur News also confirmed that Dr. Brijmohan examined both ranks for signs of homosexual activity but found none.Their views are at odds with those of Police Commissioner Henry Greene, who has repeatedly insisted that Murray took his own life after killing Police Constable Kelvin Shepherd.In a statement released last week, police said that the Force’s handwriting expert confirmed that the handwriting on a note found in Assistant Superintendent Ivelaw Murray’s bedroom on the day of his death was his.The release said that the note which was written on a note-pad stated “Sorry Mom. I love you and will always will”.The release also confirmed that results of a test conducted by the Police Forensics Department revealed no trace of gunpowder residue on the hands of the late Assistant Superintendent.But the statement said that Forensic Analyst Superintendent Stephen Greaves explained that the presence of a significant amount of blood on the swabs used on Murray’s hands made it unlikely that traces of gunpowder residue could have been detected.A forensic expert who had spoken to Kaieteur News stated that there should have been substantial traces of gunpowder on Murray’s hands, given the fact that he allegedly discharged three gunshots on the fateful night.Murray’s mother had told Kaieteur News previously that the ‘suicide note’ was written in script, and appeared to have been written in June.Both parents said that they believed that someone other than Murray wrote the note.*************************Crane residents allege torture by Police –    One beaten, doused with gasoleneOnce again police on the West Coast of Demerara are being accused of torture, this time by two men who were accused of stealing a battery.According to Balkaran, known as ‘Goat Man’, of 226 Crane Housing Scheme, West Coast Demerara, early  last Saturday morning,  he saw a car moving up and down the street in which he resides. He recognized the two persons in the car as his villagers,Wholesale Cheap Jerseys, one being the brother of a policeman.He said two other persons were walking in front of the car looking around, and he recognised another policeman who was in plain clothes. Upon enquiring about the sudden interest in patrolling the area, he was told by one of the policemen that someone stole a car battery from a fellow officer.“After 15 minutes, up comes a policeman (named), with the police vehicle and two other police ranks inside. He say,NBA Store, ‘Goat man come. I left me car out deh and somebody carry away my battery and I gon f@#$ up’….I tell he I want know why he so disrespectful.”The police eventually left and Balkaran, being a gardener, left to tend to his garden in Laluni. Later in the day, while resting in a hammock in his camp, he was confronted by three persons, one being the policeman who had enquired about the battery.“Then all what I know, I get one lash in my head with a piece of iron. When I open my eye I see is a policeman and his brother with another person….they say, ‘come out the hammock, whey the battery deh?’ I tell them I don’t know about any battery. They cuff me in me belly, throw gasoline on me, and then start beating me.”Balkaran, left, holds up the clothing that he wore when the police allegedly soaked him in gasolene. At right, Ramesh Kanhai displays his injuries after a beating Balkarran continued, “all I doing is begging…they lash me in me head, kicking me on the ground, and they got a cranberry bottle full of gasolene that they throw on me, and a lighter in the hand fo light me a fire….I beg for mercy because is a lonely area. Nobody ain’t there to see nothing, and they shoot in the rice field and tell me the next one is for me.”Balkaran said that after being severely beaten, he was told to walk out the trail to join a car. However, when he was about to cross the road, he saw a police vehicle and attempted to stop it.“I run in front of the Cruiser; I say ‘ow help me. These people want kill me.’ The police drive away when he see is another set of policemen….Then they tried to grab me to put me in the trunk, and then I start a commotion and people passing started to slow down….The police cruiser then slowed down and collect me an carry me to the Vreed-en-Hoop Police Station.”Balkarran was then placed in the lock ups.Ramesh Kanhai, a relative of Balkaran, who also resides with him, and works as a mason and part time gardener, said that at around 14:30 hours the same day, the police visited their home and placed him in a car that had tinted windows and began questioning him about the missing battery.“They carried me on the line top in Harlem (West Coast Demerara). They beat me and kick me up in me groin. They take away $7,Atlanta Falcons Jersey,000 and my cell phone. Then they take out two guns and tell me run, and then they say put me foot under the car wheel. Another car was coming so they dash me in the car and tek me to the Vreed-en-Hoop Station.”“An officer take we and carry we to the hospital, because they woulda left we there to suffer if people didn’t find out. I get discharge last Wednesday.”The man said that the reason for the welcomed police action in taking them to the hospital was because other relatives had contacted the press.This newspaper had contacted Divisional Commander Balram Persaud immediately after learning about the men’s arrest and he assured that they would be taken for medical attention.After being discharged, Kanhai learnt that investigations by the police led them to someone who purchased the stolen battery. Kaieteur News understands that the person identified who sold him the battery.“Seon get back de battery and up to now they ain’t come fuh say nothing to we, if we gon get back the phone or the money or anything at all.”He explained that after visiting the Deputy Commander of D Division, he was told to visit the Station Sergeant at Vreed-en-Hoop, where he was told that an investigation has been launched and statements were taken.“But the officer might only be disciplined. How they can do that to people and get off?”The two men are calling on the relevant authorities to investigate the policemen who tortured them.When Vreed-en-Hoop Police Station was contacted, an officer there stated that he had no idea of the claims being made by the two men.
回復

使用道具 舉報

您需要登錄後才可以回帖 登錄 | 立即註冊

本版積分規則

重要聲明:本討論區是以即時上載留言的方式運作,A-Plus補習討論區對所有留言的真實性、完整性及立場等,不負任何法律責任。而一切留言之言論只代表留言者個人意見,並非本網站之立場,讀者及用戶不應信賴內容,並應自行判斷內容之真實性。於有關情形下,讀者及用戶應尋求專業意見(如涉及醫療、法律或投資等問題)。 由於本討論區受到「即時上載留言」運作方式所規限,故不能完全監察所有留言,若讀者及用戶發現有留言出現問題,請聯絡我們。A-Plus補習討論區有權刪除任何留言及拒絕任何人士上載留言(刪除前或不會作事先警告及通知),同時亦有不刪除留言的權利,如有任何爭議,管理員擁有最終的詮釋權。用戶切勿撰寫粗言穢語、誹謗、渲染色情暴力或人身攻擊的言論,敬請自律。本網站保留一切法律權利。

手機版|小黑屋|A-Plus互動討論區    

GMT+8, 2024-5-7 13:51 , Processed in 0.062483 second(s), 26 queries .