10萬

積分

論壇元老

積分
跳轉到指定樓層
樓主
發表於 2017-6-23 08:42:53 | 只看該作者 回帖獎勵 |倒序瀏覽 |閱讀模式
分享到: 更多
Former head teacher of Queen’s College, Freidel Isaacs, who was demoted following the shocking murder of student Neesa Gopaul back in September, has taken the matter to court asking for the Ministry of Education to overturn the decision.Yesterday, Chief Justice (ag), Ian Chang, granted orders for the Ministry to show cause why its decision to demote Isaacs should not be overturned.The official was among several blamed for a breakdown in the system following the murder of Gopaul whose decomposing and visitors to the area found the battered body in a suitcase at a creek on the highway.The 16-year-old student’s mother, Bibi Gopaul and the mother’s boyfriend, Jarvis Small, have been charged in the matter, which shocked the nation and saw a number of social workers fired and disciplined.There was widespread condemnation of the matter with even Queen’s College and the police being blamed for not doing enough.ArbitraryIn her application for Writs of Certiorari and Mandamus directed at the Minister of Education, Isaacs asked for a quashing of the decision which was contained in a letter dated October 29, 2010,Fernando Rodney Jersey, signed by the Permanent Secretary, Ministry of Education, terminating her tenure as head of Queen’s College with immediate effect.Isaacs, through her lawyers, Anil Nandlall, Euclin Gomes and Manoj Narayan, said that the decision is contrary to the rules of natural justice, in excess of and without jurisdiction, “arbitrary, capricious, unreasonable, unlawful, influenced by extraneous and irrelevant considerations, null, void and of no effect.”According to Isaacs,NFL Jerseys Cheap China, in her affidavit in support of case, she has been a teacher for 38 years, teaching at 11 schools moving up the ranks to the position of Head Teacher of Queen’s College. She retired on November 1.Neesa Gopaul was also a Form 5 student at the school who last attended on June 20, 2010.BeatenAccording to Isaacs, on September 8, 2009, one of her Fourth Form teachers Carol Marks, brought Gopaul to her office, pointing out several marks of violence on the student’s body.Neesa was told to bring her mother to the school but the woman never came.“After the mother never visited the school, on the 18th September, 2009, Neesa Lalita Gopaul was again reminded to convey a message to her mother to visit the school; a letter was also dispatched inviting the mother to meet with me; additionally, I was informed by the Form Mistress and do verily believe that she made several telephone calls to the mother inviting her to visit the school “in order to meet with me.”According to Isaacs, it was on September 22, 2009, that the student’s mother eventually visited the school and met with her and another senior teacher.“…and we spoke to her about her responsibilities as a parent and we further explained to her that it appears that Neesa Gopaul was being ill-treated at home; she denied the said allegations and it was agreed there that the student would be referred and was in fact referred to the Queen’s College’s counselor.”On October 20, 2009, Isaacs said that Carol Marks, Form Mistress,Kyle Korver Hawks Jersey, informed her that the student had contacted Candida Williams, another teacher, on the previous day, a Sunday,Wholesale Jerseys Free Shipping, alleging that she needed their assistance and that she was at her grandparents’ home.The Head Teacher said that she was told that the teachers visited the grandparents’ home and took Gopaul along with her grandfather to the Ministry of Human Services where it was reported that she was beaten.“That I was subsequently further informed by the said teachers and do verily believe that the staff at the Ministry of Human Services instructed the teachers to report the incident to the Leonora Police Station, which the teachers did.”According to Isaacs, that was what constituted her involvement of the Neesa Gopaul affair.InvestigationsIsaacs claimed that the Principal Education Officer, Department of Education, Ministry of Education, requested her to prepare a report in relation to those matters and this was done October 11th, 2010, after consultations with teachers of the school.On October 5, Isaacs, also in the affidavit, claimed that she received a Memorandum from the Chief Education Officer informing her that a team will do an investigation.“Myself and the teaching staff at Queen’s College fully cooperated and gave our fullest support to this exercise.”According to the retired Head Teacher, on October 29, she received a letter from the Permanent Secretary, Ministry of Education which informed her that following the investigations, it was concluded that as Headmistress of  Queen’s College, she failed to take the necessary actions expected of a Senior Manager with the responsibility for children’s welfare.“As such, you are guilty of dereliction of duty and that your tenure as Head of a Senior Secondary School comes to an end with immediate effect, Friday October 29, 2010,” according to a copy of a letter that was attached to the sworn statement given by Isaacs.“Further, the Minister of Education acting under section 11(1) of the PC Act of 1990 has granted approval for your immediate demotion from Graduate Headmistress (Senior Secondary) to Graduate Deputy Headmistress Grade (A) with salary at the rate of $134,060.00 per month on the TS: 15 scale.”Permanent Secretary of the Ministry of Education, Pulandar Kandhi, signed the demotion letter.No hearingIsaacs claimed that following that letter, to date, no charge of any kind, including dereliction of duty, has been put to her by anyone. She has also not afforded an opportunity to answer any such charge.“Indeed, to date, I remain unaware of the particulars ofthe charge for which I have been found guilty.  That I statutorily retired on the 1st November, 2010, holding the position of Graduate Headmistress, (Senior Secondary School),NFL Jerseys From China, and by the aforesaid letter I have been demoted to Graduate Deputy Headmistress, Grade A, which is three tiers down the scale.”According to Isaacs, because of the demotion, she would have lost the pension benefits to which she would have been entitled as a Graduate Headmistress, (Senior Secondary School) and will now receive pension at a lower rate.“That I am advised by Mr. Mohabir Anil Nandlall, Attorney-at-Law, and do verily believe that the Minister of Education does not have the power or authority, whatsoever,Throwback Jerseys, under Section 11 (i) of the President’s College Act, No. 11 of 1990, or the Regulations made thereunder, or at all, to terminate my tenure as Head of a Secondary School or to demote me from the position of Graduate Headmistress (Senior Secondary School) to Graduate Deputy Headmistress, Grade A.”
回復

使用道具 舉報

您需要登錄後才可以回帖 登錄 | 立即註冊

本版積分規則

重要聲明:本討論區是以即時上載留言的方式運作,A-Plus補習討論區對所有留言的真實性、完整性及立場等,不負任何法律責任。而一切留言之言論只代表留言者個人意見,並非本網站之立場,讀者及用戶不應信賴內容,並應自行判斷內容之真實性。於有關情形下,讀者及用戶應尋求專業意見(如涉及醫療、法律或投資等問題)。 由於本討論區受到「即時上載留言」運作方式所規限,故不能完全監察所有留言,若讀者及用戶發現有留言出現問題,請聯絡我們。A-Plus補習討論區有權刪除任何留言及拒絕任何人士上載留言(刪除前或不會作事先警告及通知),同時亦有不刪除留言的權利,如有任何爭議,管理員擁有最終的詮釋權。用戶切勿撰寫粗言穢語、誹謗、渲染色情暴力或人身攻擊的言論,敬請自律。本網站保留一切法律權利。

手機版|小黑屋|A-Plus互動討論區    

GMT+8, 2024-5-5 08:05 , Processed in 0.069404 second(s), 28 queries .