9萬

積分

論壇元老

積分
跳轉到指定樓層
樓主
發表於 2017-6-25 03:16:43 | 只看該作者 回帖獎勵 |倒序瀏覽 |閱讀模式
分享到: 更多
–    Now able to have thriving garden without animals trespassing By Rabindra Rooplall Imagine getting through your busy day without feet. Picture your life without the ability toAmanda Anthony poses near her new gate and fenced property.walk as you normally would, or care for your basic needs, or even being able to have a regular job. This is the daily reality for Amanda Anthony of Lot 7, Block 5, Hope Village, East Coast Demerara, who recently had her yard fenced by corporate giant Gafsons Industries Limited.This,NFL Jerseys From China, she said, would now assist her in having a thriving kitchen garden since previously her plants were destroyed because animals within the area would traverse through her yard.After the death of her husband, Ms Anthony said she was fortunate to have a Non-governmental organization – Habitat for Humanity – build a house she happily calls home. She further expressed equal gratitude to Mr Sattaur Gafoor for fencing her entire yard.Last year,Marlon Humphrey Jersey, Habitat for Humanity Guyana gave Ms Anthony a great Christmas by moving her into her two-bedroom home. This year,Deion Jones Falcons Jersey, she received another Christmas gift which came in the form of her yard being fenced.Anthony, a 53-year-old mother of two, was born without the parts of her legs below the knees. Originally from the interior region, she moved to Georgetown with her husband and children about 10 years ago. Unfortunately, tragedy struck the family. Her husband died of malaria.Amanda was left with two children to support and no source of income. Having been born with the aforementioned disability, Amanda adjusted to life without her lower legs. While it did not hinder her capacity to function, she was unable to garner employment, which resulted in her not being able to afford to send her children to school,Throwback Jerseys, and them not completing primary school.As a result, her 23-year-old son became the sole breadwinner, working for a minimal salary that was not sufficient to cater to the family’s daily needs and pay a mortgage. When Amanda approached Habitat Guyana for support to construct her home there was no hesitation that she would become the first recipient of the promotion.In addition to Scotiabank, Habitat Guyana received support for other areas of the home such as furnishing and the provision of food items from Courts, Ansa McAl, the Braam family, the Guyana Relief Council, which provides a monthly food hamper, and private donors.She explained that her bills are paid with the collection of monthly public assistance.  She continued: “I may not be able to do plenty things, but I cook my own food, do my own cleaning, and take care of myself. If anyone ever hires me I would try my best to work hard and be useful.”Ms Anthony further explained that she constantly wondered why she was different and questioned the purpose of life…or if she even had a purpose.“I am really good at embroidery; I have never been hired by anyone to work. I always say to myself that no one wants to employ me, and how am I going to take care of myself, but God always has kind-hearted people helping me. Otherwise when my husband was alive he would take care of the family, he died in 2011, and since then I have been facing more challenges.”According to Ms Anthony,Cheap Sports Jerseys, the victory over her struggles, as well as her strength and passion for life today,Deion Sanders Falcons Jersey, can be credited to her faith in God.
回復

使用道具 舉報

您需要登錄後才可以回帖 登錄 | 立即註冊

本版積分規則

重要聲明:本討論區是以即時上載留言的方式運作,A-Plus補習討論區對所有留言的真實性、完整性及立場等,不負任何法律責任。而一切留言之言論只代表留言者個人意見,並非本網站之立場,讀者及用戶不應信賴內容,並應自行判斷內容之真實性。於有關情形下,讀者及用戶應尋求專業意見(如涉及醫療、法律或投資等問題)。 由於本討論區受到「即時上載留言」運作方式所規限,故不能完全監察所有留言,若讀者及用戶發現有留言出現問題,請聯絡我們。A-Plus補習討論區有權刪除任何留言及拒絕任何人士上載留言(刪除前或不會作事先警告及通知),同時亦有不刪除留言的權利,如有任何爭議,管理員擁有最終的詮釋權。用戶切勿撰寫粗言穢語、誹謗、渲染色情暴力或人身攻擊的言論,敬請自律。本網站保留一切法律權利。

手機版|小黑屋|A-Plus互動討論區    

GMT+8, 2024-5-16 18:49 , Processed in 0.079958 second(s), 26 queries .