10萬

積分

論壇元老

積分
跳轉到指定樓層
樓主
發表於 2016-11-20 07:44:07 | 只看該作者 回帖獎勵 |倒序瀏覽 |閱讀模式
分享到: 更多
Couple of big division games here these next two Sundays. Time to fire up another edition of Fan Friday, with your questions from AskChris bills.nfl.net. And since I won’t be back with you until next Friday have a Happy Thanksgiving everyone.1   Chris,Given the recent shortage of WR’s on the team, I can’t help but think about Marcus Easley,Baltimore Orioles Ubaldo Jimenez Jersey, wishing he was playing.  Can you give us an update on Marcus?  How is he doing and have they found anything out as of yet?  I know that it may simply be a personal issue that he and/or the team doesn’t want to put out there,Jack Ham Steelers Jersey, but there are plenty of fans thinking of him. Thanks,DaveCB: Unfortunately I can’t. I just spoke to Easley on Thursday and he is choosing to keep his medical condition private. He would not say whether the condition is career threatening or if he’ll know at some point in the future whether he will be fit to play football. Obviously the hope is that he’ll be able to play again. I think his size and speed could be put to good use on the outside. It’s just unfortunate because by this point in the season it wouldn’t have shocked me if he had earned a starting job.2   Chris,During our great start to the season everyone thought the Bills would eventually fade and return to their rightful spot as a mediocre team.I ve seen it said on TV and posted online that the Bills are due for  market correction . What can this team do to prove everyone wrong andshow that they really are an elite team?RobSalt Lake CityCB: I don’t think it’s going to be easy. Unfortunately the depth of the team has been challenged by injuries, and if you remember Bills GM Buddy Nix was trying to calm everyone down after the fast start saying staying healthy was the key to keep things going. As the rigors of football have claimed two of the team’s best linemen for the season in Kyle Williams and Eric Wood along with some other key players (Roscoe Parrish, Shawne Merriman) with still others in and out of the lineup it’s going to prove difficult to sustain or re-gain the level of success they had earlier this season. I think they’ll still win games, but winning three in a row or four out of five is going to be much more difficult.3   Chris,I suppose there are bigger concerns for the Bills and Bills fans right now, but an article about Josh Nesbitt that was linked to on buffalobills.com got me to wondering again about something I wanted to ask you back when the season began.  I was intrigued that the Bills decided to keep Nesbitt on their practice squad, but to switch him from quarterback to safety.  I guess they didn t think he had enough quarterback skills to make it at this level, but saw enough general football skills to keep him around?  And who s idea was it to try the safety position?  Even with all the guys coming and going on the PS as the season progresses,Jerseys Cheap, he keeps hanging around.  Do you think he has a legitimate shot at being an NFL safety some day?Bob in Orlando, FLCB: Right now I think it’s too early to tell whether Nesbitt can be an NFL safety. I do know that the guy is an athlete. If George Wilson cannot go on Sunday, Nesbitt is likely to be active and see some time on special teams. He was an option QB at Georgia Tech,John Matuszak Raiders Jersey, but has some experience as a defensive back so I believe that’s where the idea started.4   Chris,The Bills  lost  Donte Whitner and POZ through free agency to other teams.  Compensatory picks are sometimes awarded to teams that have a net negative loss of free agents.  I know the formula to calculate compensatory picks is a bit esoteric, but do you think the Bills might have a shot at a compensatory pick higher than a 7th rounder?I understand you start with the players and the round they were drafted. Lost [Donte (1st rounder) + POZ (2nd rounder)]   Gained [Brad Smith(4th rounder)] = Comp. pickThen the NFL committee factors in things like playing time,Kelley OHara USA Jersey, production, etc. Love to see the NFL award the Bills a 5th  .we need all the picks we can get! Tim NevilleP.S.  Correct me if I am wrong, but I left Nick Barrett out because he was waived before the Bills signed him.CB: You’re right that the Nick Barnett signing would not count in calculating whether the Bills had a net loss of free agents. However, I believe Tyler Thigpen would count toward that total. If so it might be an even two-for-two. That being said the two contracts signed by both Thigpen and Smith don’t add up to what Poz got from Jacksonville (6-$45M). Whitner’s deal was comparable to Thigpen’s.So while the Bills may not have sustained a net loss of free agents, Poz’s contract size present a good argument that the Bills lost better free agents than it acquired, which would also qualify them for a compensatory pick.Last year three clubs (Oakland,Dave Keon Jersey, Seattle and New Orleans) each received a compensatory pick even though they did not suffer a net loss of compensatory free agents last year. Under the league’s formula, the compensatory free agents lost by these clubs were ranked higher than the ones they signed (by a specified point differential based upon salary and performance).I think that could happen for the Bills next spring based on Poz’s salary and performance. Of course Oakland, Seattle and New Orleans were the last three compensatory picks awarded at the bottom of the seventh round, so that’s where I’d expect the Bills to be given one as well in 2012.Also remember, last year the league also handed out 11 additional compensatory choices to the teams with the worst records in 2010. The rules state that the number of compensatory picks must equal the number of teams in the league (32). So if the regular compensatory picks distributed falls short of that number the figure is reached by giving compensatories to the teams with the poorest won-loss records. Buffalo got one of those last spring,Carli Lloyd Jersey, which they used on Mike Jasper. Hopefully the Bills don’t qualify for that again this offseason, if you know what I mean.5 – Chris,I have three other I/R related questions: Earlier this season I read that one of the many reasons that the Colts have kept Peyton on the roster rather than put him on I/R is so Peyton would get paid his full contracted salary for the 2011 season.1) I thought players got their full salary if they went on I/R since the players are under contract, isn’t that true? (unless they work a deal with the team to separate from the team and get released from the I/R list )2) If players on I/R don’t get their full salary, while they stay with the Bills to play for them again next season, what type of % of their salary do they get while on I/R.3) Do salaries being paid to players on I/R remain part of the salary cap or do they come off the cap and fall under another type of classification?CB: First, players do not get their full salary when they go on injured reserve. The percentage to which their pay is reduced is dependent upon the player’s contract. Typically,Authentic Kevin Love Cavaliers Jersey, younger players see a larger reduction in pay than veteran players and higher draft choices see a smaller reduction in pay,Andre Reed Bills Jersey, but it’s on a case by case basis.The players that go on injured reserve still count towards the cap. Obviously with the salary number reduced there’s some relief provided, but NFL clubs must give themselves wiggle room so they can absorb the contract of the new player to replace them on the active roster.
回復

使用道具 舉報

您需要登錄後才可以回帖 登錄 | 立即註冊

本版積分規則

重要聲明:本討論區是以即時上載留言的方式運作,A-Plus補習討論區對所有留言的真實性、完整性及立場等,不負任何法律責任。而一切留言之言論只代表留言者個人意見,並非本網站之立場,讀者及用戶不應信賴內容,並應自行判斷內容之真實性。於有關情形下,讀者及用戶應尋求專業意見(如涉及醫療、法律或投資等問題)。 由於本討論區受到「即時上載留言」運作方式所規限,故不能完全監察所有留言,若讀者及用戶發現有留言出現問題,請聯絡我們。A-Plus補習討論區有權刪除任何留言及拒絕任何人士上載留言(刪除前或不會作事先警告及通知),同時亦有不刪除留言的權利,如有任何爭議,管理員擁有最終的詮釋權。用戶切勿撰寫粗言穢語、誹謗、渲染色情暴力或人身攻擊的言論,敬請自律。本網站保留一切法律權利。

手機版|小黑屋|A-Plus互動討論區    

GMT+8, 2024-5-19 14:43 , Processed in 0.069867 second(s), 26 queries .