9萬

積分

論壇元老

積分
跳轉到指定樓層
樓主
發表於 2017-6-29 10:57:58 | 只看該作者 回帖獎勵 |倒序瀏覽 |閱讀模式
分享到: 更多
Minister of Natural Resources, Raphael Trotman,Mike Ditka Bears Jersey, yesterday received the interim report on the Commission of Inquiry (CoI) into the mining pit collapse,Herman Edwards Eagles Jersey, and subsequent death of a miner, at Rock Creek, Puruni, Cuyuni-Mazaruni, RegionKilled in cave-in,Franco Harris Steelers Jersey, Keon WilsonSeven. The death occurred on October 8, last.Presidential Advisor on the Environment, Rear Admiral (retd) Gary Best, who had been commissioned to probe the incident, presented the report to the Minister at his Brickdam office.In accepting the interim report,Andre Tippett Patriots Jersey, which was originally due on Friday November 4, the Minister said that every death in the mining industry is regrettable and its frequency is particularly concerning as the Guyana gold industry has taken off and is poised to make a high declaration this year.“Every death in the mining sector is painful and His Excellency, [President David Granger] takes these [deaths] very personally and so it is the rule that… in the event that there are deaths that we will have an inquiry,Tom Rathman 49ers Jersey,” Minister Trotman said in the release from the Ministry of the Presidency.The Minister noted that he is confident that Advisor Best’s report will provide a better understanding of the circumstances that lead to these occurrences and how to prevent them.“I had no hesitation in my mind that Rear Admiral would do a thorough job and I know,Greg Lloyd Steelers Jersey, even before I can read it,Rocky Bleier Steelers Jersey, that it would take us into areas beyond just the death because I believe it is important for us to understand more [about] why this is happening, rather than just the circumstances of this individual death,” he said.The Minister further said that he believed that Acting Commissioner of the Guyana Geology and Mines Commission (GGMC), Newell Dennison, shares his and President Granger’s view that more must be done to bring deaths in the mining industry to zero.“For the year… we’ve had six deaths, including this one. Each one is one too many,” he said.Minister Trotman said that his Ministry remains committed to supporting Advisor Best’s probe into the matter. He hopes to engage him after he has submitted his final report.“The real work has to start after we would have gone through the recommendations to see how we can implement them,Sean Taylor Redskins Jersey,” he said.Meanwhile, in an effort to bring some context to his report, Advisor Best said this preliminary report has examined the regulators in the industry and a probe into other aspects of his mandate, starting with the operators, was set to begin yesterday.“We want to be as thorough as we can and, so far, we have had good cooperation at the upper management level,Steve Largent Seahawks Jersey, but it was quite difficult getting the evidence from the mines officers in the field. I think that was quite tough and we’ll have to go back there again and meet with some rangers to try to understand exactly what occurred,” he said.The final report of the COI is due on Monday, November 21, 2016.On Tuesday, October 18, Advisor Best was sworn-in by Chief Magistrate Ann McLennan, at the Georgetown Magistrate’s Court, to lead a probe into the incident that resulted on the October 8, death of 33-year-old miner from Ann’s Grove, Keon Wilson.The ceremony followed closely on the heels of a mandate given by President Granger that a CoI be established to probe the incident under Section Two of the Commission of Inquiry Act, Cap. 19:03.Geeta Chandan-Edmonds, Legal Advisor at the Ministry of the Presidency; Joslyn McKenzie, Permanent Secretary of the Ministry of Natural Resources; and Derrick Lawrence, Director of Compliance at the Ministry of Natural Resources attended the presentation.
回復

使用道具 舉報

您需要登錄後才可以回帖 登錄 | 立即註冊

本版積分規則

重要聲明:本討論區是以即時上載留言的方式運作,A-Plus補習討論區對所有留言的真實性、完整性及立場等,不負任何法律責任。而一切留言之言論只代表留言者個人意見,並非本網站之立場,讀者及用戶不應信賴內容,並應自行判斷內容之真實性。於有關情形下,讀者及用戶應尋求專業意見(如涉及醫療、法律或投資等問題)。 由於本討論區受到「即時上載留言」運作方式所規限,故不能完全監察所有留言,若讀者及用戶發現有留言出現問題,請聯絡我們。A-Plus補習討論區有權刪除任何留言及拒絕任何人士上載留言(刪除前或不會作事先警告及通知),同時亦有不刪除留言的權利,如有任何爭議,管理員擁有最終的詮釋權。用戶切勿撰寫粗言穢語、誹謗、渲染色情暴力或人身攻擊的言論,敬請自律。本網站保留一切法律權利。

手機版|小黑屋|A-Plus互動討論區    

GMT+8, 2024-5-15 02:12 , Processed in 0.072426 second(s), 26 queries .