10萬

積分

論壇元老

積分
跳轉到指定樓層
樓主
發表於 2017-6-30 01:10:26 | 只看該作者 回帖獎勵 |倒序瀏覽 |閱讀模式
分享到: 更多
Almost two months have passed since the suspension of two prominent Magistrates, but no date has been set for them to appear before the Judicial Service Commission (JSC).Magistrate Alex Moore,Joe Greene Steelers Jersey UK, who was presiding at the Sparendaam Magistrate’s Court, was sent home on November 28 over allegations that he verbally abused a female litigant.Magistrate Alex MooreA week later, Traffic Court Magistrate Chandra Sohan was also sent packing following allegations of a number of infractions.Their suspension remains indefinite until the JSC, which was constituted in the latter part of last year, convenes to hear their matter. The Magistrates are however receiving their full salary.In the case of Magistrate Moore, the JSC will be investigating allegations of inappropriate behaviour made by an East Coast Demerara businesswoman.The 47-year-old East Coast Demerara businesswoman, Seerojanie Singh had written to the Chancellor of the Judiciary (Ag), Justice Carl Singh over the “torment” she claimed to have endured at the hands of Magistrate Moore.The mother of nine explained that on November 12 last, she promptly presented herself at the Sparendaam Magistrate’s Court where she was cross charged with a man for using abusive language.The mother of nine recapped that the Magistrate,Greg Lloyd Steelers Jersey UK, with the file before him, confronted her about each of the alleged abusive words which stemmed from the encounter. She explained that he questioned both the defendants about the documented profanities and degrading demands for sexual favours.Things took another turn, Singh said. Afterwards,Nick Perry Packers Jersey UK, the Magistrate resorted to asking her who “told her to come to court” to which she responded “the police.”Magistrate Chandra Sohan“You know what the Magistrate turned and ask me? If the police tell me to take off my jewel and give them, if I would do that? Me seh, ‘No sir’. He turn and tell the police (court orderly) to ask me to give him the jewel and he did. I seh ‘sir you didn’t buy this and give me so I won’t take it off and give you.”“He (Magistrate) turn and ask me if the police ask me for sex me if me go give in and me nah answer right, because me shame, and if you see how this man ah lash down on this desk for me to answer the question. Then me tell he no.”The businesswoman went on to say “How he could ask me that? He tell the police to turn and ask me and the police turn and ask me. Me nah answer the police right, and if you see how this man behave and then I turn and tell the police ‘no’.”“Then he said that if I can’t drop the case, he gun prosecute me the next calling. Why he gun prosecute me? Wha me do? Me nah go open me mouth and answer this man,Kevin Greene Steelers Jersey UK, just say ‘no’ and ‘yes’. The whole courtroom did full,” she said.According to the woman and her husband, the court was packed with civilians, other lawyers and police ranks.The businesswoman explained to this publication that the Magistrate’s behaviour that day is the reason she approached the Minister of Legal Affairs and Attorney General, Anil Nandlall and wrote to the Chancellor of the Judiciary as well as Ombudsman, Justice Winston Moore.Apart from that incident, the JSC is also expected to ask Magistrate Moore to explain the unprecedented  suspended five-year sentence he handed down to a man who pleaded guilty to trafficking in 60 kilograms of cocaine, valued at more than $300M.The man,Andre Tippett Patriots Jersey UK, Leonard Bacchus was also given a slap on the wrist suspended sentence of two years for being in unlawful possession of 125, 12-guade cartridges and 115,Julian Edelman Patriots Jersey UK, .32 rounds of ammunition, which also stemmed from the raid on his block 20 Enmore/Haslington Housing Scheme, East Coast Demerara home on August 16, 2001.The Director of Public Prosecutions has signaled her decision to appeal Magistrate Moore’s sentence, since there is no provision in the laws of Guyana for non-custodial sentence for persons found guilty of drug trafficking.With regards to Magistrate Sohan,DeAngelo Williams Steelers Jersey UK, the JSC is looking into a complaint made by a woman,Grady Jarrett  Falcons Jersey UK, in relation to a court matter involving domestic violence. The matter was heard in 2013 at the Vreed en Hoop Magistrate’s Court, when Sohan was briefly presiding there.There are allegations that Sohan appeared to be biased towards the woman’s husband during the time he was dealing with the matter. However, according to a source,Mike Mitchell Steelers Jersey UK, Sohan is known to the couple and merely gave advice for an amicable settlement of the matter before it was dragged through the court.Sohan is also being accused of leaving the jurisdiction without permission.Magistrates are required to get approval from the Chancellor of the Judiciary to travel overseas.This newspaper was reliably informed that Sohan left the country on compassionate leave to attend the funeral of a very close relative.The source said that at the time, Sohan tried to get the approval of the Chancellor of the Judiciary Carl Singh to deal with his travel request on compassionate grounds, but he was not in the country. He reportedly secured the blessing of his immediate boss, the Chief Magistrate, who re-assigned some of his cases to other magistrates.But perhaps the most troubling infraction being looked at by the JSC is what it called “some inconsistencies” with regards to Magistrate Sohan’s dealing with other court matters.
回復

使用道具 舉報

您需要登錄後才可以回帖 登錄 | 立即註冊

本版積分規則

重要聲明:本討論區是以即時上載留言的方式運作,A-Plus補習討論區對所有留言的真實性、完整性及立場等,不負任何法律責任。而一切留言之言論只代表留言者個人意見,並非本網站之立場,讀者及用戶不應信賴內容,並應自行判斷內容之真實性。於有關情形下,讀者及用戶應尋求專業意見(如涉及醫療、法律或投資等問題)。 由於本討論區受到「即時上載留言」運作方式所規限,故不能完全監察所有留言,若讀者及用戶發現有留言出現問題,請聯絡我們。A-Plus補習討論區有權刪除任何留言及拒絕任何人士上載留言(刪除前或不會作事先警告及通知),同時亦有不刪除留言的權利,如有任何爭議,管理員擁有最終的詮釋權。用戶切勿撰寫粗言穢語、誹謗、渲染色情暴力或人身攻擊的言論,敬請自律。本網站保留一切法律權利。

手機版|小黑屋|A-Plus互動討論區    

GMT+8, 2024-5-8 21:58 , Processed in 0.076635 second(s), 28 queries .