10萬

積分

論壇元老

積分
跳轉到指定樓層
樓主
發表於 2016-11-21 04:49:26 | 只看該作者 回帖獎勵 |倒序瀏覽 |閱讀模式
分享到: 更多
MEGADETH mainman Dave Mustaine has revealed that a previously mooted Nick Menza tribute concert featuring past and present members of MEGADETH is now unlikely to happen. Less than 24 hours after the former MEGADETH drummer died on May 21, Mustaine said that he had already started talks to perform a benefit concert that would hopefully include as many ex-members of MEGADETH as they can get. But that plan now appears to have come to a halt, as Mustaine told EonMusic on Monday (June 13) at the Metal Hammer Golden Gods in London, England. He said: "There's some stuff going on right now where [Nick's] family is doing a GoFundMe page, and I'm not involved in that. If they need our help, they know where we're at. We love them and want the best for them, so we'll find out."He continued: "For now,jerseys china, I think that if anybody wants to get involved with [supporting] Nick [by donating money], the GoFundMe page [is the best place to do so]. I would rather that if anybody's going to support what we're going to do, our involvement is to help Nick's legacy for his children. He's got artwork, he's got a lot of music that he's written outside of MEGADETH, and if people really love Nick and they really want to support him, look at his artwork, focus on the music that he did, MEGADETH or otherwise."Mustaine also said that he "had no idea how much [he] loved" Nick until he broke down following the dedication of a song to his former bandmate at the Rock 'N Derby festival on May 22. Dave said: "Yeah,Wholesale Jerseys, [my emotional reaction] came out of nowhere. I didn't know what it was, because it was very [well known] how much Nick did not like me, in the things that he was saying [in the press]. And I was not going to retaliate because I loved him,Cheap Jerseys From China, and I think that was evident when we dedicated the song to him. I couldn't finish it, and I usually don't let things stop me from doing by job, but I was overwhelmed with emotion. We've lost a lot of very valuable members of the metal community this year and last year."Mustaine went on to talk about Menza's talents as a musician,cheap nfl jerseys, explaining that he was unaware of how revered Nick was until after his passing. Dave told EonMusic: "The contribution [Nick] made to metal music, you can't really quantify it,Cheap Jerseys Free Shipping, because MEGADETH influenced so many different players in so many different genres. I know only of the guitar players that have been influenced, but the drummers that have been influenced by Nick, until his passing, I had no idea."He added: "You know,Cheap NFL Jerseys, I've always loved [Nick's] playing and thought he was great,Cheap Jerseys Wholesale, so he's terribly, terribly missed. And,Womens USA Soccer Jersey, like I said, I had no idea how much I really loved him until I couldn't finish the song."Nick collapsed after suffering a heart attack after the third song of OHM:'s set on May 21 at The Baked Potato in Studio City,Jerseys From China, California and was pronounced dead upon arrival at hospital. He was 51 years old.The Los Angeles County Department of Medical Examiner-Coroner said Menza died of natural causes. The cause of Menza's death was listed as hypertensive and atherosclerotic cardiovascular disease.Menza had reportedly dabbled with drugs in the earlier part of his career but had been completely sober for eight years.Menza joined MEGADETH for the 1989 recording "Rust In Peace" and for the next nine years became associated with the band's "classic" and most profitable era.
回復

使用道具 舉報

您需要登錄後才可以回帖 登錄 | 立即註冊

本版積分規則

重要聲明:本討論區是以即時上載留言的方式運作,A-Plus補習討論區對所有留言的真實性、完整性及立場等,不負任何法律責任。而一切留言之言論只代表留言者個人意見,並非本網站之立場,讀者及用戶不應信賴內容,並應自行判斷內容之真實性。於有關情形下,讀者及用戶應尋求專業意見(如涉及醫療、法律或投資等問題)。 由於本討論區受到「即時上載留言」運作方式所規限,故不能完全監察所有留言,若讀者及用戶發現有留言出現問題,請聯絡我們。A-Plus補習討論區有權刪除任何留言及拒絕任何人士上載留言(刪除前或不會作事先警告及通知),同時亦有不刪除留言的權利,如有任何爭議,管理員擁有最終的詮釋權。用戶切勿撰寫粗言穢語、誹謗、渲染色情暴力或人身攻擊的言論,敬請自律。本網站保留一切法律權利。

手機版|小黑屋|A-Plus互動討論區    

GMT+8, 2024-5-18 14:53 , Processed in 0.066577 second(s), 26 queries .