9萬

積分

論壇元老

積分
跳轉到指定樓層
樓主
發表於 2017-7-2 04:42:34 | 只看該作者 回帖獎勵 |倒序瀏覽 |閱讀模式
分享到: 更多
–    Fire service saves factoryBy Javone Vickerie Fire fighters last evening risked their lives to fight an inferno which destroyed the stock bond of the Comfort Sleep Company and gutted another bond belonging to Payless Variety Store. The blaze erupted just after 19:00hrs.According to an eyewitness, around 19:00hrs, she was shaken by a loud explosion. “I was watching television when all of a sudden I hear this big boom so I get up fuh see if something happen but I didn’t see anything. It was like 10 minutes after that I hear more things started to explode. Then I hear me neighbour saying Comfort Sleep was on fire,” the resident said.The woman said that when she and other residents ran to the scene, the fire had already spread alarmingly,Tyrell Williams Chargers Jersey, giving off an unbearable heat,Ndamukong Suh Dolphins Jersey, which had scores of persons standing a good distance away.The fire destroyed the stock bond of Comfort Sleep and gutted another belonging to Payless Variety Store.Another resident said that while he was standing at the corner of the Street, he saw a big flame coming from between the two buildings. “I see this thing just explode and shoot up in the air but with all them things they had in there it just add to the fire which threatened to get out of control,” the eyewitness said.The security guard at the Comfort Sleep Factory said that the fire started at the Payless Bond. “I sit down here and all I see is this big ball of flame blow through the window at Payless and it took no time catch the bond,Billy Turner Dolphins Jersey,” the security guard said.The man added that he immediately contacted the Guyana Fire Service who acted promptly. “They tek like 10 minutes fuh reach here and two a dem come but then another set come after because they water run out,” the guard said.One of the employees of Comfort Sleep, Amanda Chung,Jason Jones Dolphins Jersey, said that about 20:00 hours she received a call notifying her that the bond had been destroyed by a fire.“I just hear the fire start from Payless and that the stocks bond where all the chemicals to make the foam all gone,Kiko Alonso Dolphins Jersey,” Chung lamented.The employee said that there was no one in the bond at the time of the fire.Although she was unable to estimate the total losses, Chung said that the building which stored the raw material and chemicals to make the foam was insured.Operations Manager,Dwight Lowery Chargers Jersey, Deodat Narine,Harold Carmichael Eagles Jersey, said that he was at home when he received a call from the security guard just after 7 o clock notifying him that he heard a loud explosion.Narine said that when he arrived on the scene the entire structure had already been burned to the ground.He added that although the fire is a big blow to the company with its local and international orders, the 35 employees will not be out of jobs.Deodat also explained that the chemicals stored in the bond could have posed a setback for the fire fighters as these elements will continue to burn.“The Chemicals we had in there,Jay Ajayi Dolphins Jersey, no matter how much water they throw, will not stop burning till all burn out,Kenny Stills Dolphins Jersey,” the manager said.Residents in the area however commended the efforts of the fire service which managed to save the nearby factory from setting alight. “We got to give it to them men they really risk they lives the fire wasn’t easy to battle and they save the big factory because all of dem close up together,” one resident said.As fire fighters battled the blaze four explosions rent the air. Two barrels filled with flammable chemicals were also sent flying through the air and sending onlookers running for their lives. Luckily the barrels landed in the fenced perimeter.
回復

使用道具 舉報

您需要登錄後才可以回帖 登錄 | 立即註冊

本版積分規則

重要聲明:本討論區是以即時上載留言的方式運作,A-Plus補習討論區對所有留言的真實性、完整性及立場等,不負任何法律責任。而一切留言之言論只代表留言者個人意見,並非本網站之立場,讀者及用戶不應信賴內容,並應自行判斷內容之真實性。於有關情形下,讀者及用戶應尋求專業意見(如涉及醫療、法律或投資等問題)。 由於本討論區受到「即時上載留言」運作方式所規限,故不能完全監察所有留言,若讀者及用戶發現有留言出現問題,請聯絡我們。A-Plus補習討論區有權刪除任何留言及拒絕任何人士上載留言(刪除前或不會作事先警告及通知),同時亦有不刪除留言的權利,如有任何爭議,管理員擁有最終的詮釋權。用戶切勿撰寫粗言穢語、誹謗、渲染色情暴力或人身攻擊的言論,敬請自律。本網站保留一切法律權利。

手機版|小黑屋|A-Plus互動討論區    

GMT+8, 2024-5-13 07:42 , Processed in 0.074256 second(s), 28 queries .