9萬

積分

論壇元老

積分
跳轉到指定樓層
樓主
發表於 2017-7-5 21:05:20 | 只看該作者 回帖獎勵 |倒序瀏覽 |閱讀模式
分享到: 更多
A head-on collision between a minibus and a sports utility vehicle (SUV) on the road to Lethem yesterday morning has left three persons dead and 14 others nursing various degrees of injuries.The accident occurred around 08:15 hours at a location called Hunt Oil, some two hours from Lethem by road.Those who perished are the minibus driver Juliano D’Aguiar, 21, of Tabatinga, Lethem; Louise Henry and three-year-old Brandon Grimmond, who were passengers in the bus.Both D’Aguiar and Henry (who was reportedly sleeping) died on the spot as their bodies were pinned in the wrecked bus, BLL 4059, while Grimmond succumbed in neighbouring Brazil where he was rushed in a critical condition.Eyewitnesses said that a front end loader and truck were used to pull the minibus apart to remove the bodies of Henry and D’Aguiar.Among the injured are attorney at law Leslie Sobers; Police Lance Corporal Wendell Caesar, who is stationed at Kurupukari Outpost; Florence Grimmond,Steven Adams Thunder Jersey, 45,Al Horford Celtics Swingman Jersey, the mother of the dead three-year-old; Maylene Foo, 27, both of Lethem; Renie Mc Dowell, 66, of London, England; Lucas Antone, 54, of Shea, South Rupununi; Ryan Frices,Victor Oladipo Thunder Swingman Jersey, 30, of St. Ignatius, Lethem; Hussain Mohamed, 66, of Enmore; Abdella Safir, 32,Taj Gibson Bulls Swingman Jersey, of Georgetown and Munsehwar Churaman, who were all air-dashed to Georgetown.Also injured are Brazilians Rafiel and Beutriz Moses ages 17 and 18, and Regianna Donacemento,Jimmy Butler USA Jersey, 31, who were all taken to Boa Vista.Speaking with this newspaper while awaiting treatment at the Accident and Emergency Unit of the Georgetown Hospital, where a large crowd had gathered, Lance Corporal Caesar, who joined the bus to Lethem at the Kurupukari junction, said he was sitting in the front seat when the smash-up occurred.According to Caesar, as the bus approached the Hunt Oil area where the gravel on the road is very loose,Jimmy Butler Bulls Swingman Jersey, a 4×4 sped past kicking up a cloud of dust in its wake.This caused the visibility of the bus driver to be obscured.“Just less than two vehicle length after the 4×4 passed we get a impact, Badam! Both party vision was very poor. I guess if the other driver had seen the other vehicle he would’a pull off because he had enough space fuh pull off,” Caesar recalled.Miraculously Caesar escaped without life threatening injuries as most of the impact occurred on the driver’s side of the minibus. He said that he remained conscious throughout the ordeal.“The driver was begging for help. He was pinned. I managed to get out with the help of some persons from another vehicle, they lift me through the window and I was able to walk,” Caesar said.He stated that some of the other passengers were also conscious although they were pinned in the bus.He said that Louise Henry, another of the fatalities, was seated directly behind the driver.Attorney-at-law Motie Singh who operates a tourism-related entity told media operatives at the hospital that Muneshwar Churaman, who was among the injured, is the manager of his resort.Singh said that Churaman and four other persons were in the vehicle traveling from Lethem after conducting a promotional exercise when the bus swerved into their path.“The guy who got the injury, he was sitting in the front seat and the bus swerved into their lane and hit them head-on. What I get to understand from sources is that these buses going to Lethem, they always drive at a fate rate. They are always in a hurry more or less for money-making purposes. Our vehicle actually write-off,Isaiah Thomas Celtics Jersey,” Singh said.But according to another eyewitness, it was the SUV that veered into the path of the bus after its driver tried to avoid the thick cloud of dust that was in the air.Dennis Grimmond, whose son Brandon is among the dead,Authentic Andrew Bogut Mavericks Jersey, told the media that he got the tragic news at around 11:00 hours.“My daughter called me saying if I hear what happened and my son critical and my wife in the hospital critical also. They had to refer my son to Brazil,Marvin Williams Hornets Swingman Jersey,” Grimmond said.He said that his wife had left Georgetown with their son to head back home to Lethem.At the time he was speaking to the media he had just received word that his son did not make it.The driver of the SUV is in police custody assisting with the investigations.Two Saturdays ago another horrific smashup between a minibus and truck resulted in the deaths of six persons.Yesterday’s accident brought a shocking end to this year’s Road Safety Month with a total of 14 road deaths, second only to the month of May when 17 persons lost their lives.
回復

使用道具 舉報

您需要登錄後才可以回帖 登錄 | 立即註冊

本版積分規則

重要聲明:本討論區是以即時上載留言的方式運作,A-Plus補習討論區對所有留言的真實性、完整性及立場等,不負任何法律責任。而一切留言之言論只代表留言者個人意見,並非本網站之立場,讀者及用戶不應信賴內容,並應自行判斷內容之真實性。於有關情形下,讀者及用戶應尋求專業意見(如涉及醫療、法律或投資等問題)。 由於本討論區受到「即時上載留言」運作方式所規限,故不能完全監察所有留言,若讀者及用戶發現有留言出現問題,請聯絡我們。A-Plus補習討論區有權刪除任何留言及拒絕任何人士上載留言(刪除前或不會作事先警告及通知),同時亦有不刪除留言的權利,如有任何爭議,管理員擁有最終的詮釋權。用戶切勿撰寫粗言穢語、誹謗、渲染色情暴力或人身攻擊的言論,敬請自律。本網站保留一切法律權利。

手機版|小黑屋|A-Plus互動討論區    

GMT+8, 2024-5-18 15:55 , Processed in 0.070787 second(s), 26 queries .