9萬

積分

論壇元老

積分
跳轉到指定樓層
樓主
發表於 2017-7-6 16:00:21 | 只看該作者 回帖獎勵 |倒序瀏覽 |閱讀模式
分享到: 更多
By Dr. Neromini FaguI saw something remarkable while I was travelling a few days ago.  I was on a plane trip during whichDr. Neromini Fagua meal was served.   After the meal was served, most of us settled back for the rest of the flight to Georgetown.  But one gentleman in front of me got up to go to the washroom.Now this might not seem out of the ordinary but what was inspiring to me was what he took with him to the washroom.  You see,Jimmy Butler Bulls Jersey, he had a clear Ziploc bag and in that bag was his toothbrush and toothpaste.  Now that was a sight to behold.  Imagine, 35,000 feet above ground and here this gentleman is taking the time to go and brush his teeth!  For me this was a very profound moment, and it even made me feel guilty for not doing the same.I sat there and wondered what training or teaching had motivated him to follow such good oral hygiene practices.  After all, we know how cramped the onboard washrooms are and how uncomfortable they can be, even to brush your teeth.  I was so curious that I even contemplated asking him where he had learnt such good practices, but I decided against it.  Whatever his reasons for doing it, it was great to see.I cannot stress enough the importance of taking care of your teeth.  Not all of us are blessed with the genes for great teeth so we need to do as much as we can to keep them.  Prevention is always better than cure so ensure you do your part.  This means practising good oral hygiene habits as well as eating a healthy diet.You also need to visit your dentist regularly for check-ups as you may not be able to detect problems on your own.  In addition to regular check-ups you also need to get regular professional dental cleanings.  Most people tend to skip getting a cleaning thinking their teeth are okay.  Remember you will not be able to see all parts of your teeth,Authentic LeBron James Cavaliers Jersey, especially the ones in the back of your mouth.Also,Michael Jordan USA Jersey, it is difficult to examine the back surfaces of your front teeth and sometimes the tartar buildup and stains can be quite heavy in these areas even though the front surfaces of the teeth may appear okay.Many people tend to forgo getting a cleaning and will only visit their dentist if they are experiencing pain or think something is wrong.  This is not prevention.  The time and money invested in prevention will benefit you in the long run.Regular teeth cleanings keep your smile brighter – Culprits like coffee,Michael Jordan Bulls Swingman Jersey, tea,Michael Jordan Bulls Jersey, wine, soft drinks and tobacco can stain your teeth.  Some of these stains can look like cavities.  These embarrassing stains can be removed by your dentist during your cleaning.Regular teeth cleanings can ensure early detection of dental problems – When small dental problems are detected early cleaning prevents them from developing into bigger dental problems later if they are treated in a timely manner.Regular teeth cleanings can prevent gum disease and tooth loss–Twenty-five percent of adults aged sixty and over have lost ALL their teeth and seventy percent of the remaining seventy five percent have gum disease. When you pass your tongue over your teeth, the roughness you feel is the plaque and calculus that has firmly attached itself to your teeth.Gum disease, which starts with built-up plaque, is a major cause of tooth loss in adults. As gum disease worsens, plaque moves further down the tooth where it can destroy the supporting bone in your jaw,Christian Laettner USA Jersey, causing teeth to loosen and fall out. Luckily,Stephen Curry USA Jersey, the chance of this happening to you can be greatly reduced through regular dental cleanings and good oral hygiene habits.Regular teeth cleanings can improve your overall health – Studies have shown that there is a connection between oral and overall health. Diseases in the mouth are associated with diabetes,David Robinson USA Jersey, cardiovascular disease and Alzheimer’s disease. Regular dental cleanings may help lower your risk for some diseases, like heart disease and stroke. Also,Harrison Barnes Mavericks Swingman Jersey, many medical conditions, some of them life-threatening, can be detected in their early stages by your dentist during a routine oral exam.Regular teeth cleanings help prevent bad breath – Good oral hygiene is the best way to prevent persistent bad breath. Even if you brush and floss regularly, getting a cleaning is a great way to keep your mouth healthy and odour-free. Remember, most people who have bad breath don’t even know it.Regular teeth cleaning will save you money– Regular dental cleanings might seem costly to you but in the long run they will save you money while at the same time letting you keep your natural teeth.  The cost to fix advanced dental problems can be quite high.  The money you invest in preventive measures such as cleanings may prevent you from more expensive treatment costs later.For more information contact OMNI DENTAL at 295 Quamina Street, Georgetown Tel: 227-0025, Parika Tel: 260-3133 or send emails to [email protected]
回復

使用道具 舉報

您需要登錄後才可以回帖 登錄 | 立即註冊

本版積分規則

重要聲明:本討論區是以即時上載留言的方式運作,A-Plus補習討論區對所有留言的真實性、完整性及立場等,不負任何法律責任。而一切留言之言論只代表留言者個人意見,並非本網站之立場,讀者及用戶不應信賴內容,並應自行判斷內容之真實性。於有關情形下,讀者及用戶應尋求專業意見(如涉及醫療、法律或投資等問題)。 由於本討論區受到「即時上載留言」運作方式所規限,故不能完全監察所有留言,若讀者及用戶發現有留言出現問題,請聯絡我們。A-Plus補習討論區有權刪除任何留言及拒絕任何人士上載留言(刪除前或不會作事先警告及通知),同時亦有不刪除留言的權利,如有任何爭議,管理員擁有最終的詮釋權。用戶切勿撰寫粗言穢語、誹謗、渲染色情暴力或人身攻擊的言論,敬請自律。本網站保留一切法律權利。

手機版|小黑屋|A-Plus互動討論區    

GMT+8, 2024-5-10 20:45 , Processed in 0.067420 second(s), 28 queries .