10萬

積分

論壇元老

積分
跳轉到指定樓層
樓主
發表於 2017-7-6 20:31:18 | 只看該作者 回帖獎勵 |倒序瀏覽 |閱讀模式
分享到: 更多
By Abena Rockcliffe- Campbell Just under a score of persons hailing from Region Three yesterday mounted a protest outside Kaieteur News in “solidarity” with the embattled Minister of State Joseph Harmon.Region Three residents who mounted protest outside KN’s office yesterday.The lead protestor who identified herself as Kathlene Armstrong told Kaieteur News, “We are standing in solidarity with the APNU+AFC government; we stand with President David Granger,  and in support of Joseph Harmon. We,NFL Jerseys Discount, as a Region, are in solidarity with what Joseph Harmon is doing.”Armstrong said that she is APNU+AFC Regional Councilor for Region Three.Asked if she is indeed supportive of Harmon and all his recently publicized actions, Armstrong said,Brett Hull Red Wings Jersey, “I do not know what actions you are talking about.”  She said that all she knows is that she is a Harmon supporter.Armstrong had a placard erected that read, “Nigel Hughes is anti-coalition. Get on board.”  Kaieteur News asked Armstrong about her making of such a strong allegation against the Chairman of the Alliance For Change whose Party plays an important role in the coalition government.She eventually responded,Deion Sanders Falcons Jersey, “I am telling him to come on board, can’t you see that?”Another protestor held a placard which read,Jerseys From China, “Glenn Lall has a PPP/C motive. Coalition is it.”Political ActivistFredrick KissoonAsked to explain the reason behind such a conclusion, Armstrong responded, “I am not here to talk about Glenn Lall, I am here to show support for the APNU+AFC government.”Armstrong declined to say how she felt about the President’s decision to rescind Brain Tiwarie’s appointment which was made by Harmon.She said,Bobby Orr Jersey, “I will not discuss that because I am not here for that. I will not be the judge of any of the actions of President Granger. I am going to stand in support with whatever President Granger does.”Political commentators Frederick Kissoon and Mark Benschop expressed disappointment in politicians whom they feel must have been the force behind the protest demonstration.Kissoon said that the demonstration shows the extent to which Guyana’s political culture continues to degenerate. “This paper, that I have been associated with from inception, has consistently exposed the wrongdoings of the People’s Progressive Party/ Civic government but I have never encountered a picket exercise outside the office of Kaieteur News. I would not accept, even for a fleeting moment,Nike NFL Jerseys China, that the 10 to 15 persons would unwisely find themselves picketing KN acting on their own.”Kissoon said that there must have been planning by politicians and incentives must have been given or was promised by people who occupy more than an ordinary place  in the scheme of political power.“If those persons gave approval for this picket it is an ominous sign of what is to come,” said Kissoon.He added that the “Harmon controversy is leading some important political actors down a path  that may take Guyana with it unless wiser heads, particularly President Granger introduce some rational thinking to this chaotic situation.”Benschop said that the protest does not look well for the new administration. “It is sending the wrong message.”He said that this sort of action is sending messages to media houses to the effect that the government will come against reporters or media house that seek to expose the truth if it is not singing praises to the government.Political Activist,Mark BenschopBenschop said, “It marks the continuation of a dangerous situation that started under the PPP regime.“The government must allow the media to function. If any Minister is messing up it is the duty of the media to bring this to the public attention.“You cannot have paid supporters of the government to protest and try to paint Kaieteur News as the enemy. You are endangering lives.”Benschop called on the President to “please put a stop to this immediately, this is bullyism.”Benschop said that “interestingly” he never saw any of those who mounted protest yesterday “risking their lives during the reign of the PPP. It was just a few of us and Kaieteur News was included in that few.”
回復

使用道具 舉報

您需要登錄後才可以回帖 登錄 | 立即註冊

本版積分規則

重要聲明:本討論區是以即時上載留言的方式運作,A-Plus補習討論區對所有留言的真實性、完整性及立場等,不負任何法律責任。而一切留言之言論只代表留言者個人意見,並非本網站之立場,讀者及用戶不應信賴內容,並應自行判斷內容之真實性。於有關情形下,讀者及用戶應尋求專業意見(如涉及醫療、法律或投資等問題)。 由於本討論區受到「即時上載留言」運作方式所規限,故不能完全監察所有留言,若讀者及用戶發現有留言出現問題,請聯絡我們。A-Plus補習討論區有權刪除任何留言及拒絕任何人士上載留言(刪除前或不會作事先警告及通知),同時亦有不刪除留言的權利,如有任何爭議,管理員擁有最終的詮釋權。用戶切勿撰寫粗言穢語、誹謗、渲染色情暴力或人身攻擊的言論,敬請自律。本網站保留一切法律權利。

手機版|小黑屋|A-Plus互動討論區    

GMT+8, 2024-5-7 05:11 , Processed in 0.070758 second(s), 28 queries .