9萬

積分

論壇元老

積分
跳轉到指定樓層
樓主
發表於 2017-7-7 15:46:05 | 只看該作者 回帖獎勵 |倒序瀏覽 |閱讀模式
分享到: 更多
WILLIAMSBURG, CORENTYNE – The New Jersey Arya Samaj Humanitarian Mission 2010 got started last Tuesday in East Berbice. Head of the group, Pandit Suresh Sugrim reiterated the importance of empowering persons for survival. This year, less money would be expended on handouts and more would be invested in teaching persons skills needed for their existence.Against that backdrop,Drew Stubbs Jersey, five workshops were held between last Wednesday and Saturday at Port Mourant, Canefield in East Canje, the Smythfield Drop-In Center at New Amsterdam, Rose Hall Town and Winsor Forest, Demerara respectively.Pandit Suresh Sugrim, Trinemcon Tracey Martin and her aunt Alexis WilliamsPandit Sugrim’s son, a Staff Sergeant of the United States Army, Yogeshwar Sugrim, is the co-ordinator of the sessions, which focus on leadership and peer pressure. These workshops have been organised by the local chapter of the Humanitarian Mission. Some 1,500 persons attended the sessions and were each given little tokens.Meanwhile, 15-year old Trinemcon Tracey Martin of Lot 46 Stanleytown, New Amsterdam received a grocery hamper last Tuesday. The girl was diagnosed with Neuroblastoma and her relatives were told there is no hope for her. Her family, besides being impecunious, is optimistic that she could be given a second chance if only medical experts are willing to accept the challenge.The child’s aunt, Alexis Williams of 1399 Central Amelia’s Ward, Linden has only known her for 10 years. Mrs. Williams became involved in 2008 and has been accompanying Tracey to all doctors’ appointments ever since. She explained that periodic clinical checks were done over a two-year period in Georgetown from 2008. In 2009, based on the results of a biopsy she was diagnosed and chemotherapy was administered. Six cycles were recommended for Tracey, starting in June and ending in January 2010. According to Williams, in the final analysis, the chemotherapy was not successful and the girl’s condition is deteriorating as the cancer continues to have its way.Tracey Martin has no birth certificate. Even the correct spelling of her name could not be ascertained. On almost every medical document the family presented to Kaieteur News the spelling of the child’s name was different.According to Tracey’s sister, 25-year old Kerrenca Schultz, their mother – Debra Schultz is 50-years old and has a hearing impairment. Life for the family is no one’s dream.“My mother works for $3,500 a week. She does clean the Church and catch she hand washing and so for people. She got to mind five children in all. My sister is 17, she is disabled and she does catch fits a lot. My nine-year old brother got asthma. My sister is seven her face twist up bad (Down’s Syndrome). The 14-year old boy is ok. Is eight of us in all.”Kerrenca Schultz, is also a single parent and lives in the same home with her two children who are one and six years old.“I does catch me hand when I can. My mother does cook one time a day. She cook like a pint of rice or so. They eat that and then drink a cup of water in the night and go to bed. That is how it is, I won’t lie to you.”Mrs. Williams, who travelled to New Amsterdam, expressed gratitude to the members of the Mission and called the gesture a blessing for the family.“We are indeed thankful to the Arya Samaj Humanitarian Mission for their generosity. The hamper means a lot to my niece.”Pandit Sugrim made a promise to ensure that the child receives a regular supply of groceries and to assist in any other way possible. The group is to return tomorrow to hand over addition items.Another recipient was 11-year old Ervin Dasratt,Milwaukee Brewers Neftali Feliz Jersey, who attained 516 marks at this year’s National Grade Six Assessment and was awarded a place at the St. Rose’s High School. He is said to be the top student of the Cropper Primary School located at Albion. But his father, Baichan Dasratt, who is incapacitated after an accident, said that due to financial constraints,Cincinnati Reds Desmond Jennings Jersey, his son cannot accept the place at St. Rose’s High or even a spot at the President’s College.“We cannot afford the expense for him to travel and all that. I am disabled. I am in a wheelchair. I also use crutches. I suffered a broken hip, from the knee to the ankle was dislocated and carries steel. I have been unemployed since then and my wife takes care of the family. She is the lone bread-winner.”The Humanitarian Mission has made the necessary arrangements for the family to purchase a bicycle,Drew Hutchison Jersey, uniforms and other paraphernalia with a voucher payable to the Alim Shaw Store at Rose Hall Town. The Mission would sponsor Ervin Dasratt for the next five years when he is expected to complete his secondary education.“He has a vision and we are prepared to work with this child to ensure that he accomplishes his dream of being a doctor,” Pandit Sugrim said.During the past six days Pandit Sugrim and his team met with shut-ins from Belvedere Squatting Area, Rose Hall Town, Kildonan and Nurney on the Corentyne and Victoria Village on the East Coast of Demerara. One such is Doris Thomas of Victoria. She lost both legs and is said to be diabetic. The Humanitarian Mission is making the necessary arrangements to construct a two-bedroom home for her. Arrangements are being finalised.Also on the itinerary for 2010 would be a walk-a-thon at Leonora on the West Coast of Demerara next Friday. This is aimed at casting the spotlight on circumstances that lead to domestic abuse, suicide, child labour, alcoholism among other issues.The annual blood drive, done in collaboration with the Ministry of Health, is set for August 12th at Williamsburg. This week,Matt Belisle Jersey, evaluations are being made to commence skill-training sessions in the field of information technology, sewing, remedial classes, joinery, carpentry and masonry. These classes are being done in tandem with Food for the Poor.The Arya Samaj would be celebrating 100 years in existence in Guyana. Pandit Sugrim said that later this year his team would work towards empowering another batch of persons for the centennial observance.“A hungry man will not pray because he is focusing on how to get a meal. But a man with a full stomach would want to pray and give thanks. So what we are doing is teaching people of all races and religions to pray whether they are in need or not. These gestures are made possible through the benevolence of our overseas Guyanese brothers and sisters.”The Humanitarian Mission is known for the aid it renders to families in need in the form of low-cost houses, vouchers for food and education and cash to offset medical expenses.Pandit Sugrim said some collaboration would be done with Help and Shelter. Humanitarian Mission 2010 would conclude on August 15th.Persons in special circumstances who are in need of help can contact Pandit Sugrim on telephone number 668-4338.******************************************************** Aditya Foundation reaches out to top studentsBATH SETTLEMENT,Edwin Encarnacion Jersey, WEST COAST BERBICE – The Aditya Kids Trust Fund Foundation recently handed over a laptop computer to the top performer of the Mortice Primary School, Mahaicony at this year’s National Grade Six Assessment.Twelve-year old Ghanraj Haimwant of Wash Clothes, Mahaicony attained 496 marks. Inderjeet Persaud, teacher of the Mortice Primary said Ghanraj Haimwant was given a place at the President’s College. He described the boy as being well rounded with the necessary emphasis on his studies. This trait was present throughout his stint at that primary school.Persaud said that he has been teaching at that institution for 24 years and is also a Director of the Aditya Foundation.According to him, of the 67 student population at the school,Joe Blanton Jersey, 17 entered for the National Grade Six Assessment. Of this, 13 were sent to Mahaicony and Hope Secondary Schools and three were placed at the Primary Tops in Region Five.Secretary of the Foundation, Zulfikar Alli, said the Aditya Foundation is now offering free training in the basic use of computers. The facility also has a library available for those within the catchment area. It provides assistance to needy families.In May, the organisation launched its religious and cultural programme. The first batch comprises 30 children between the ages of eight and 18, drawn from Woodley Park to Bush Lot on the West Coast of Berbice.Mr. Alli explained that the objective is to get children more involved in the teachings and practices of the three main religions with a view of addressing social ills and issues facing young people.Pastor Wilton Reece,St. Louis Cardinals Brett Cecil Jersey, Pandit Ramkissoon Ramsaywack and Imaan Edo Alli are in charge of the religious aspect. The cultural sessions are being conducted by dolak player and professional dancer, Premchand Seeram. The participants would be exposed to both practical and theoretic lessons.The programme would be conducted at the Library and Resource Centre at Bath Settlement free of cost every Sunday. To get the venture started overseas members of the Aditya Foundation presented furniture,Josh Reddick Jersey, stationery, musical instruments including bass drums, tassa drums, harmonica, dolak, tabla and other items.The venture was launched by a Canadian team comprising David Ramsami of M.R.S. Realty and Kings Sports Club of Toronto, Sridat Rajkoomar of M.R.S. Realty, Martin Menzies of Royal Bank of Canada and Jason Maiorana of Bank of Montreal. The tabla and harmonium were made possible by Pandit Chandradeo Mohan of New York and Navin Deonath of Ontario gave the dolaks.The Aditya Kids Trust Fund Foundation is based at Bath Settlement on the West Coast of Berbice and was established in December 2007.
回復

使用道具 舉報

您需要登錄後才可以回帖 登錄 | 立即註冊

本版積分規則

重要聲明:本討論區是以即時上載留言的方式運作,A-Plus補習討論區對所有留言的真實性、完整性及立場等,不負任何法律責任。而一切留言之言論只代表留言者個人意見,並非本網站之立場,讀者及用戶不應信賴內容,並應自行判斷內容之真實性。於有關情形下,讀者及用戶應尋求專業意見(如涉及醫療、法律或投資等問題)。 由於本討論區受到「即時上載留言」運作方式所規限,故不能完全監察所有留言,若讀者及用戶發現有留言出現問題,請聯絡我們。A-Plus補習討論區有權刪除任何留言及拒絕任何人士上載留言(刪除前或不會作事先警告及通知),同時亦有不刪除留言的權利,如有任何爭議,管理員擁有最終的詮釋權。用戶切勿撰寫粗言穢語、誹謗、渲染色情暴力或人身攻擊的言論,敬請自律。本網站保留一切法律權利。

手機版|小黑屋|A-Plus互動討論區    

GMT+8, 2024-5-3 00:26 , Processed in 0.072158 second(s), 28 queries .