10萬

積分

論壇元老

積分
跳轉到指定樓層
樓主
發表於 2016-11-24 17:36:49 | 只看該作者 回帖獎勵 |倒序瀏覽 |閱讀模式
分享到: 更多
Tom De Smet,Cheap Jerseys Free Shipping, a music journalist from Belgium who writes for the newspapers Het Nieuwsblad and Gazet van Antwerpen and the magazine Rock Tribune, conducted an interview with SLAYER guitarist Kerry King shortly before the band's November 17 concert at the Ancienne Belgique in Brussels. Several excerpts from the chat, which was published on the Gazet van Antwerpen web site, follow below. (Original English-language quotes kindly provided to BLABBERMOUTH.NET by Tom De Smet.)On the events of November 13 in Paris,cheap jerseys, France, when more than 129 people were killed in seven coordinated terrorist attacks, including  at the Bataclan, a French music venue where EAGLES OF DEATH METAL were performing:Kerry: "I am suprised that it took the terrorists this long to target a rock concert. Because they hate rock music. They hate our lifestyle. They hate our freedom and they hate that we enjoy ourselves. And, of course, it sucks. What happened makes everybody think twice about risking their lives to see a band play. But if you stop going to concerts or stop playing at them, you just do what the terrorists want you to do. It is very important to carry on and to do what you do,wholesale nfl jerseys china, what you love doing. And,cheap nfl jerseys online, you know, I am not the kind of guy that goes through life worrying all the time. We took airplanes right after 9-11. We played shows right after Dimebag [late PANTERA guitarist] was shot. Sure, things can go wrong. But you might also step out this building here and get run over by a car. Just do what you love doing and stop worrying.""I have written a lot of songs about the negative influence of organized religion. What happened in Paris is once again an example of that. I don't believe what ISIS — or ISIL or whatever you have to call them these days — believe,Cheap Jerseys China, so therefore I must perish. That's the most ridiculous thing I have heard in my life. People have been killing each other for centuries because of organized religion."On SLAYER's latest album, "Repentless", the group's first to be written and recorded without the contributions of co-founding guitarist Jeff Hanneman, who died in 2013:Kerry: "After Jeff got injured, I started writing. Because his arm was just destroyed. They thought they might have to amputate it in the beginning. So I said, 'Well,Cheap Jerseys Free Shipping, I've got to look out for SLAYER.' And I just started to make stuff up. Playing guitar five or six days a week and try to come up with new material. When the tragedy [Jeff's death] happened,Cheap Jerseys, I had nine songs already. The first song I wrote was 'When The Stilness Comes'. That was my test. It sounds like a Jeff song. The intro riff had been around for twenty years, I just never made a song out of it. I didn't need to,Cheap Jerseys From China, because Jeff always did stuff like that. The fact that I could finish this 'slower' song gave me the courage to continue writing.""I have already seven songs for a new album. So I don't think the fans will have to wait another six years for a new record. Maybe [new SLAYER guitarist] Gary [Holt] will also contribute to the next record. We haven't talked about that yet."On leaving Rick Rubin's American Recordings and signing with Nuclear Blast:Kerry: "The deal with American ran its course. Our deal was up. They [American] made an offer that was just offensive. I wish that they rather would have said, 'We decline to make an offer.' It was that offensive. Nuclear Blast already had a deal on the table. So after the offer of American Recordings, Tom [Araya, bass/vocals] and I went to Nuclear Blast to talk with them. These guys like metal and know how to promote it. We are very happy with Nuclear Blast."On the end of SLAYER:Kerry: "Tom and I have an agreement: if one of us wants to stop, that will be the end of the band. He's the voice [and] I am now the only writer. We are the two remaining founding members. But I don't see the end of SLAYER happening soon. I'm 51, but I don't feel that old. When I grew up,Cheap Jerseys Wholesale, being 50 was different than being 50 is now. I think our lifestyles are very different, I think our minds are more busy, I think we're physically more busy. I think 50 now is a far cry from when my dad was 50. I feel good, the shows are good, Tom sounds good, so until that changes, we will continue."
回復

使用道具 舉報

您需要登錄後才可以回帖 登錄 | 立即註冊

本版積分規則

重要聲明:本討論區是以即時上載留言的方式運作,A-Plus補習討論區對所有留言的真實性、完整性及立場等,不負任何法律責任。而一切留言之言論只代表留言者個人意見,並非本網站之立場,讀者及用戶不應信賴內容,並應自行判斷內容之真實性。於有關情形下,讀者及用戶應尋求專業意見(如涉及醫療、法律或投資等問題)。 由於本討論區受到「即時上載留言」運作方式所規限,故不能完全監察所有留言,若讀者及用戶發現有留言出現問題,請聯絡我們。A-Plus補習討論區有權刪除任何留言及拒絕任何人士上載留言(刪除前或不會作事先警告及通知),同時亦有不刪除留言的權利,如有任何爭議,管理員擁有最終的詮釋權。用戶切勿撰寫粗言穢語、誹謗、渲染色情暴力或人身攻擊的言論,敬請自律。本網站保留一切法律權利。

手機版|小黑屋|A-Plus互動討論區    

GMT+8, 2024-5-4 08:04 , Processed in 0.067516 second(s), 26 queries .