10萬

積分

論壇元老

積分
跳轉到指定樓層
樓主
發表於 2017-7-10 07:14:29 | 只看該作者 回帖獎勵 |倒序瀏覽 |閱讀模式
分享到: 更多
“There is no union that is ostracised from dealing with me,” asserted Junior Minister of SocialMinister Keith Scott is adamant that he is not guilty of ostracising unions.Protection,Karl Malone USA Jersey, Mr. Keith Scott. His remarks were forthcoming even as he recently addressed allegations that there are unions that have been peddling reports that he hasn’t been giving them sufficient attention.The Minister, in defending himself against the allegations,Charles Barkley USA Jersey, asserted that since taking office as the Junior Social Protection Minister, he has had an ‘open door’ policy when it comes to the unions. He categorically declared that “even those unions that do not have recognition, as long as they call themselves a union or a body that represent people, whether it is workers or not,Al Horford Celtics Swingman Jersey, whether they are organised or unorganised, I will speak to them.”He revealed that in some cases he has even met with some groups and encouraged them to apply for recognition in order to be more effective in their representation quest.“There is no hard and fast exclusion of anybody,” stressed Minister Scott, who was at the time speaking at a press briefing at his Ministry’s Brickdam, Georgetown boardroom. The press briefing, which saw the attendance of representatives of the Federation of Independence Trade Unions of Guyana (FITUG) and the Guyana Trade Union Congress (GTUC), was in fact called by the Minister for him to issue an apology to the two umbrella bodies for regarding them as “impotent” during the recent national budget debates.According to the Minister, “I have never ever not invited the unions to any activity or press conference or any dealings that requires (their) attention – for example issues with the people they are representing, or issues with employers – whenever we are invited to participate.”He however stated that the Ministry has been opting to not interfere as far as possible,Dwyane Wade Bulls Jersey, although “we do have the power to interfere with or without invitation to any dispute that exists among trade unions and employers.”“Under my watch we have always tried to wait until, more or less,Authentic Kentavious Caldwell-Pope Pistons Jersey, we are invited by either party – employers or employees. I have always tried to show a balance way towards dealing with them (industrial matters),David Robinson USA Jersey,” the Minister underscored.According to the Minister,Magic Johnson USA Jersey, too, his Ministry has consistently worked towards bringing all parties concerned to the table and “so far,Tristan Thompson Cavaliers Jersey, on the balance sheet, we have succeeded more than we have failed.”He further observed that in carrying out its mandate, his Ministry is not always able to “please everybody at the same time. This industrial relation thing it involves time…on Monday I might be emotionally hyped, but if I were to wait until Thursday you might find that both parties might have ‘cooled off’ and there is a better chance of success. We understand that principle and we have done that as much as we can.”It was at the very press briefing that Minister Scott confidently declared that “I have always been committed to trade union unity, trade union principles and the principles of brotherhood. This is why since I am in this Ministry and I have not yet stopped assiduously pursuing the goals of trade union unity and everything I have done so far, and the records will reflect it… I have done to ensure that the unions are treated with respect.”He added, “I cannot explain anybody’s interpretation of my actions; I cannot move at a pace that suits other people,Carmelo Anthony USA Jersey, but once I am involved I will go about things as I see how best to handle it and so far, out of the hundreds of matters I have arbitrated since I am here, very few remain outstanding”.
回復

使用道具 舉報

您需要登錄後才可以回帖 登錄 | 立即註冊

本版積分規則

重要聲明:本討論區是以即時上載留言的方式運作,A-Plus補習討論區對所有留言的真實性、完整性及立場等,不負任何法律責任。而一切留言之言論只代表留言者個人意見,並非本網站之立場,讀者及用戶不應信賴內容,並應自行判斷內容之真實性。於有關情形下,讀者及用戶應尋求專業意見(如涉及醫療、法律或投資等問題)。 由於本討論區受到「即時上載留言」運作方式所規限,故不能完全監察所有留言,若讀者及用戶發現有留言出現問題,請聯絡我們。A-Plus補習討論區有權刪除任何留言及拒絕任何人士上載留言(刪除前或不會作事先警告及通知),同時亦有不刪除留言的權利,如有任何爭議,管理員擁有最終的詮釋權。用戶切勿撰寫粗言穢語、誹謗、渲染色情暴力或人身攻擊的言論,敬請自律。本網站保留一切法律權利。

手機版|小黑屋|A-Plus互動討論區    

GMT+8, 2024-5-7 06:11 , Processed in 0.052662 second(s), 28 queries .