9萬

積分

論壇元老

積分
跳轉到指定樓層
樓主
發表於 2017-7-10 13:47:07 | 只看該作者 回帖獎勵 |倒序瀏覽 |閱讀模式
分享到: 更多
– Minister Ramsaran“We love sugar workers and will do nothing to diminish their interest,Rod Woodson Steelers Jersey UK,” said Minister within the Health Ministry,Deion Sanders Falcons Jersey UK, Dr Bheri Ramsaran. The Minister was at the time seeking to clarify some remarks attributed to him about the health sector assuming responsibility for health services provided by the Guyana Sugar Corporation (GuySuCo).According to the Minister,Sammie Coates Steelers Jersey UK, he had sought to explain to some media operatives at a recent media briefing that since the government has a strong inter-agency setup, it is seeking to garner relevant information from various sister agencies in the quest to improve the delivery of health care countrywide.In doing so, the Minister said that the Ministry of Health has been working on absorbing the health delivery service offered by the Sugar Company, a move which could help the entity to direct more attention to the production of sugar.Minister within the Health Ministry, Dr Bheri RamsaranAnd according to him,Mohamed Sanu Sr Falcons Jersey UK, efforts have already been engaged in this regard at the De Kinderen Health Centre which was previously manned by GuySuCo. The Minister said that rehabilitation works have been undertaken on the facility and measures have been put in place to increase the medical staff capacity there.He speculated that the move was essential as GuySuCo might have been giving limited service as its medical workforce would have been notably small. “They may have had a Medex or only a nurse. But we have situated that facility in such a way now that you can have several doctors living upstairs,Mike Webster Steelers Jersey UK, who besides working at the cottage hospital at Leonora could also be rotated at the De Kinderen facility.”Ruling out speculations that the Ministry has not been working in collaboration with GuySuCo,Clay Matthews Packers Jersey UK, the Minister noted that “we did not break and enter the De Kinderen facility.” The Minister said that the process has been one where the Ministry has been working quietly over the past several months and is in no way geared at scaling down the operation neither will it be a fly-by-night approach.The Minister added that to some extent his utterances were misrepresented by some sections of the media. “I mentioned nothing about communicating with any external agency. I haven’t got that authority…” The Minister was at the time referring to reports that the unions that represent the sugar workers are not in favour of the move proposed by the Minister.“We love sugar workers…Every year I march with Guyana Agricultural and General Workers’ Union (GAWU). I have been locked up with sugar workers way back in the 80s when they had all those protest marches. Thirty-five workers were locked up – 28 were sugar workers,Matt Ryan Falcons Jersey UK, seven were bauxite workers and I was the only public servant.“Every year I am one of the few Ministers if not the only one that marches with GAWU and rub shoulders with the sugar workers…” And as a matter of course the Minister said that the Ministry will be working to have more doctors tend to the wellbeing of sugar workers.On Thursday,Eddie Lacy Packers Jersey UK, the Guyana Agricultural and General Workers’ Union (GAWU) said that its position on the transfer of GuySuCo’s traditional health service is unchanged – “GAWU is still strenuously and vigorously opposed to the government plans.”“GuySuCo for decades has been providing the sugar industry with primary health care services for thousands of employees and their families,Sean Davis Steelers Jersey UK,” GAWU said.
回復

使用道具 舉報

您需要登錄後才可以回帖 登錄 | 立即註冊

本版積分規則

重要聲明:本討論區是以即時上載留言的方式運作,A-Plus補習討論區對所有留言的真實性、完整性及立場等,不負任何法律責任。而一切留言之言論只代表留言者個人意見,並非本網站之立場,讀者及用戶不應信賴內容,並應自行判斷內容之真實性。於有關情形下,讀者及用戶應尋求專業意見(如涉及醫療、法律或投資等問題)。 由於本討論區受到「即時上載留言」運作方式所規限,故不能完全監察所有留言,若讀者及用戶發現有留言出現問題,請聯絡我們。A-Plus補習討論區有權刪除任何留言及拒絕任何人士上載留言(刪除前或不會作事先警告及通知),同時亦有不刪除留言的權利,如有任何爭議,管理員擁有最終的詮釋權。用戶切勿撰寫粗言穢語、誹謗、渲染色情暴力或人身攻擊的言論,敬請自律。本網站保留一切法律權利。

手機版|小黑屋|A-Plus互動討論區    

GMT+8, 2024-5-12 17:23 , Processed in 0.076545 second(s), 28 queries .