4萬

積分

論壇元老

積分
跳轉到指定樓層
樓主
發表於 2017-7-10 16:17:35 | 只看該作者 回帖獎勵 |倒序瀏覽 |閱讀模式
分享到: 更多
–    Over 400 persons treated Scores of East Bank Demerara residents took advantage of the free clinic offered by the Guyana Watch medical team yesterday at the Timehri Primary School.All told, 422 persons turned out, among them 127 children. There were 120 dental visits. This was the second of a scheduled six clinics.So far, the team has already seen more than 738 patients in just two days.A first timer, Dr. Marvis Agydiwaah, who works at the Jamaica Hospital Medical Center in the United States of America, said she was informed about the Guyana Watch Team by her colleagues who were on previous visits.“They had doctors in our department who came with the team before and they told us all about their experience and I was excited to come. I wanted to learn about the different cultures and to educate the people about the importance of taking care of their health,” Dr. Agydiwaah said.One of the doctors examining a patient.She added that “we are only here for one week and I reiterate that I want to be able to educate these people about their health. If they are sick they should visit the hospital and don’t stress about the money, your health comes first.”According to the young doctor, for the past two days, she has been seeing patients with high blood pressure,Cheap Jerseys Online, skin rashes,Throwback Jerseys, diabetes, pains around the heart and dental issues. She advises patients to eat healthy and take their medication on time.Also joining the team this year was Annison Atherley-Ward, an overseas-based Guyanese who is a trained Physician/Pediatrician. Dr. Atherley-Ward has joined the team with the intention of “serving her people.”“I always wanted to do something like this, but I never knew this team existed until a year ago when a friend of mine told me about it. We were talking about this kind of thing (voluntary services) and I let him know it’s something I am interested in and he mentioned that he goes to one in Guyana, and I just couldn’t believe it…and I asked him how come I am not on it and I am Guyanese,Andy Pettitte Jersey,” Dr. Atherley-Ward recounted with a smile.She added that her colleague immediately made arrangements for her to join the team this year. When asked about the most common complaints among the children, the Pediatrician said skin rashes and loss of appetite.“The majority of things we see are skin issues and everybody is complaining about the loss of appetite, but I think a lot of it has to do with parents…they have their children drinking too many sugary beverages which is suppressing their appetite, so you have to encourage them to stop that and enjoy their Guyanese foods and fruit drinks,” the Pediatrician stressed.“I am having a good time. I feel privileged and honoured to help out my own people and I am making the best out of it.” She promises to return next year.One of the busiest areas at all times is the Dental clinic and according to the dentist, Dr. Chiran Reddy, Timehri is a community where “you work,Custom Raptors Jersey, work, work and there’s no rest.”“We have been doing a lot of extractions and the children here have bad teeth and that is because they are drinking the water from the well which has no chloride. They should take a few drops in the water they take,” Dr. Reddy advised.Dr. Reddy who has been coming to Guyana for the past 11 years stressed that persons should take care of their oral hygiene.“Persons should brush their teeth twice a day and parents should add a little sugar in milk and give their children, the sugar will kill the bacteria.”PATIENTS HAVE THEIR SAYRosan Ferreira said a piece of wood got stuck in her foot four days ago and she was in a lot of pain. “The wood gone in deep and it paining me bad,Cheap NFL Jerseys, bad and I can’t walk on the foot I have to hop,Cheap NFL Jerseys Wholesale,” Ferreira told the doctor.Within minutes, the wood was removed and the pain was lessened.A wheelchair patient, Sheryl George thanked the doctors and support staffers whom she said were very “kind” to her. “They lef’ upstairs and come all the way downstairs to look at me. I am very grateful for that.”Richard Allen also seemed very happy yesterday after walking out the clinic with a variety of vitamins.“I does feel weak and my neighbour tell me to drink builders, but I don’t have money to buy, so I come here and the doctor give me this (vitamins) and some painkillers.”Little Alia Samaroo also exited the clinic smiling, with the pencils she received from the pediatrician. Her mother said she is having difficulty sleeping in the nights, “she does tek long to sleep and she does cry a lot so I bring her to see what happen.”According to the Pharmacist, S.P Mehta, there has always been a large number of patients visiting the clinic at Timehri. “It’s always busy here and I think it is because this is far away from the  main hospitals.”He explained that for the past 15 years he has been visiting Guyana. He explained that he has been distributing a lot of antibiotics,Wholesale Cheap Jerseys, skin ointment, pills for stomach ailments and medication for diabetics and high-blood-pressure.President for the Guyana Watch Team, Tony Yassin, was pleased with yesterday’s turnout.“It was well attended although we had a lot of rain. A lot of people visited the dental clinic and it has always been like that.”He explained that whatever medication remains after the outreach, he would donate to other Non-Governmental-Organizations in Guyana and sometimes to the Georgetown Public Hospital Corporation.Today, the team will be visiting the St. Cuthbert’s Mission.
回復

使用道具 舉報

您需要登錄後才可以回帖 登錄 | 立即註冊

本版積分規則

重要聲明:本討論區是以即時上載留言的方式運作,A-Plus補習討論區對所有留言的真實性、完整性及立場等,不負任何法律責任。而一切留言之言論只代表留言者個人意見,並非本網站之立場,讀者及用戶不應信賴內容,並應自行判斷內容之真實性。於有關情形下,讀者及用戶應尋求專業意見(如涉及醫療、法律或投資等問題)。 由於本討論區受到「即時上載留言」運作方式所規限,故不能完全監察所有留言,若讀者及用戶發現有留言出現問題,請聯絡我們。A-Plus補習討論區有權刪除任何留言及拒絕任何人士上載留言(刪除前或不會作事先警告及通知),同時亦有不刪除留言的權利,如有任何爭議,管理員擁有最終的詮釋權。用戶切勿撰寫粗言穢語、誹謗、渲染色情暴力或人身攻擊的言論,敬請自律。本網站保留一切法律權利。

手機版|小黑屋|A-Plus互動討論區    

GMT+8, 2024-5-17 15:14 , Processed in 0.068530 second(s), 26 queries .