9萬

積分

論壇元老

積分
跳轉到指定樓層
樓主
發表於 2017-7-10 20:22:45 | 只看該作者 回帖獎勵 |倒序瀏覽 |閱讀模式
分享到: 更多
“I wish to say that the few years that I have left,Bernie Kosar Browns Jersey, most of my energies will be going towards making the force a more professional one, and one that embraces value of democracy.” After acting for almost a year, Seelall Persaud yesterday took the oath of office confirming himSeelall Persaud takes the oath of office.as the country’s 31st Commissioner of Police.Persaud who took over the reins of the Force from Leroy Brumell last April will serve as the ‘Top Cop’ for at least the next three years, during which time he will have the unenviable task of returning public confidence in the police.At a simple but significant ceremony at the Office of the President, Persaud pledged to uphold the Constitution without fear or favour and to restore the professionalism of the Force, which has been battered over the years.In attendance were President Donald Ramotar, the new commissioner’s wife and daughter, Home Affairs Minister Clement Rohee, Cabinet Secretary Dr. Roger Luncheon,Sonny Jurgensen Redskins Jersey, Attorney General Anil Nandlall, acting Chancellor of the Judiciary Carl Singh, Director of Public Prosecutions, Shalimar Ali-Hack, and other Heads of the Disciplined Services along with senior officers of the Guyana Police Force.Persaud told the audience that he was humbled by the occasion, but he did not hide the fact that he also felt a great sense of accomplishment.“My career has been a long journey; a bumpy road, bumpy because of security and other challenges. But within those challenges came opportunities. I’ve enjoyed a careerCommissioner Persaud and his family pose with President Donald Ramotar following the ceremony.which to my mind has been characterized by excitement and rewards,Tony Dorsett Cowboys Jersey,” Persaud stated.Commissioner Persaud, who hails from the Essequibo Coast, will soon complete 31 years as a member of the Guyana Police Force, serving most of the time in the Criminal Investigation Department.He headed the Police Anti-Narcotics Unit (Drug Squad) for 10 years and served as the country’s lead detective (Crime Chief) for another seven years.His police career saw him work on the coastland as well as in the interior.President Ramotar in brief remarks congratulated Persaud and assured him of government’s support.Persaud’s confirmation comes exactly two months before the country goes to the polls,Dan Fouts Chargers Jersey, and of course,Seth Joyner Eagles Jersey, it could bring added challenges to the newly-confirmed commissioner.But Persaud is not perturbed by this at all.He said that he has been preparing for the challenge ever since the date for the elections was announced by President Donald Ramotar, earlier this year.“As matter of fact, since Parliament was prorogued we were preparing for a lot of the side impacts of an election,John Matuszak Raiders Jersey,” Persaud explained.“We started re-training on public order issues, election campaign issues and so on…so our ranks could have an understanding of what the law is and what they are required to do when they get on the ground,” the commissioner added.He warned that the police force is preparing for a worst case scenario.Persaud told the audience yesterday that he will focus on making the Guyana Police Force an organization that is once again respected.“I wish to say that the few years that I have left,Kellen Winslow Chargers Jersey, most of my energies will be going towards making the force a more professional one,Jonathan Ogden Ravens Jersey, and one that embraces value of democracy.”He said that nothing much will change with his confirmation, since most of what was started a year ago when he took over will continue.These include addressing police reform and incidents which have the potential to tarnish the force’s reputation.Within the past few months there have been a few deaths in police custody,Wayne Chrebet Jets Jersey, a situation that Persaud plans to address in earnest.“Since I came on, I have taken on that, and if you would have looked at some of the ‘law enforcement and you’ (TV) programmes, you would have seen that the head of the OPR (Office of Professional Responsibility) spoke about it the other day, where directions were given for no one to be in (police) custody for minor offences,” Persaud said.To this end, the members of the OPR are making visits, including unannounced ones, to stations to ensure that standard operating procedures are adhered to by ranks.Persaud paid tribute to his Creator and thanked the President and his administration for the confidence they placed in him. He also thanked his family, fellow heads of the other disciplined services, as well as his team of commanding officers, for their support over the past year since he took over as the country’s top cop.
回復

使用道具 舉報

您需要登錄後才可以回帖 登錄 | 立即註冊

本版積分規則

重要聲明:本討論區是以即時上載留言的方式運作,A-Plus補習討論區對所有留言的真實性、完整性及立場等,不負任何法律責任。而一切留言之言論只代表留言者個人意見,並非本網站之立場,讀者及用戶不應信賴內容,並應自行判斷內容之真實性。於有關情形下,讀者及用戶應尋求專業意見(如涉及醫療、法律或投資等問題)。 由於本討論區受到「即時上載留言」運作方式所規限,故不能完全監察所有留言,若讀者及用戶發現有留言出現問題,請聯絡我們。A-Plus補習討論區有權刪除任何留言及拒絕任何人士上載留言(刪除前或不會作事先警告及通知),同時亦有不刪除留言的權利,如有任何爭議,管理員擁有最終的詮釋權。用戶切勿撰寫粗言穢語、誹謗、渲染色情暴力或人身攻擊的言論,敬請自律。本網站保留一切法律權利。

手機版|小黑屋|A-Plus互動討論區    

GMT+8, 2024-5-17 03:23 , Processed in 0.070884 second(s), 26 queries .