4萬

積分

論壇元老

積分
跳轉到指定樓層
樓主
發表於 2017-7-11 03:24:59 | 只看該作者 回帖獎勵 |倒序瀏覽 |閱讀模式
分享到: 更多
A few weeks ago,Wholesale Authentic NFL Jerseys, the Community Policing Organization of Guyana celebrated the 36th year of its existence. To mark the occasion, a number of events were held. These included public discourses and seminars, highlighting the work of CPGs and demonstrating its significance and benefits to the society.  At one such seminar, Taajnauth Jadunauth, one of Guyana’s leading CPG advocates delivered a presentation entitled “enhancing CPG relations with the community”.Jadunauth is an executive member of the Enmore Community Policing group and chairman of the Enmore Station Management Committee.Recently the village of Enmore has come under scrutiny with two highly publicized murders and several break- ins committed on business places.The village’s community policing group is considered one of the most vibrant in the country and the recent events have been a cause for concern in a community that was once considered impregnable.Jadunath’s presentation at the CPG anniversary forum is timely and it was felt that it is worth publishing for the general public to digest, especially with the criticism surrounding community policing.Below is an excerpt from Jadunauth’s presentation.“If an institution can be alive for 36 years, the persons and support groups who had been nourishing that institution must qualify for high credit… It must have taken great commitment and sacrifice to bring community policing to where it is today and all involved should feel a sense of pride for playing their part.The structure of community policing at the community level comprises, preferably, a Chairman, Vice Chairman, Secretary,NCAA Hockey Jerseys, Treasurer, Assistant Secretary/Assistant Treasurer and six (or seven) committee members. As advocated in the current Community Policing Handbook, a Community Policing Group is charged not only with being a partner with the Police in crime fighting, but also with being engaged in community development in a broader sense. Some areas have been identified:•    Protection of Public Property•    Youth Clubs•    Education•    Health•    Environmental development•    Fire prevention•    Road safetyClearly, the intent seems to be that a Community Policing Group should be involved in a more integral relationship with the community other than community security per se. Perhaps, implicit in this broader relationship, is the hope that having a finger on the pulse of the community would allow the CPG to become knowledgeable of and be better able to address the security concerns of the community.As a CPG member myself, I often wonder about the relationship between the ideal and the reality. Can a Community Policing Group, a grouping of volunteers, ever be able to deliver the entire charge as advocated? Would the CPG be deemed to have failed if it could not achieve any or all of the objectives?I look at these challenging undertakings required of CPGs and I am persuaded to some level of understanding as to why there is perhaps the failure by many Community Policing Groups to go beyond patrolling the community. After all, isn’t it enough as it is, with limited time and resources,Bobby Orr Jersey, that a few dedicated persons give up their sleep and comfort to protect those who rest snugly in their beds, the recompense often being a good dose of cussing for flashing lights in people’s yards or on their doors?I recall flushing out quite a few “sweet-man” instead of “thief-man” and being on the receiving end of some unhappy females’ wrath. I am sure many here have their own stories to tell.I recall also being recommended to be charged for wounding for trying to conduct a search on a known drug peddler who violently resisted being searched by members of my Group. I paid $60,Jerseys NFL China,000: to settle that matter from my own pocket. I was representing my community, but my community cut me loose. I recall further some of my men being put to lie down in a muddy drain by a Joint Services Patrol although identification cards were duly produced, and the Enmore Police Station was only about 50 yards away from the scene and the identities of the men could have been confirmed by the Joint Services ranks.Again, those of you who have been in the trenches would also have your own bitter experiences, some indelibly written in your memories.However, despite these experiences, despite the abuses hurled our way by the community, the hard and sometimes incomprehensible truth is: We are still protecting our communities; we are still out there at nights, grumbling, risking more ugly encounters, to protect our communities. Why?Because as a person, as a member of a Community Policing Group, there is an existing relationship, bond even, between us and our community. Because in that community are our immediate families and relatives and friends who recognize us for what we are doing for them. Because, there are children whose safety we take very seriously. And, more importantly, because we care. So we continue to work.I am of the view that the CPG/Community relationship goes beyond just the physical patrols we do, beyond what is seen on the outside. If we were to examine the definition of Community Policing, it talks about helping to reduce the “fear of crime”. When one can have that feeling that one’s fear of crime has reduced, that is a very comforting feeling. So, when, as CPGs, we bring about that state of mind in our community, we would have delivered on the primary objective for our existence, to wit: Reducing the fear of crime in the community. Thus, from the CPGs’ perspective, the relationship with the community is intact and effective.Very often, incidents occur in communities and residents ask two questions: (1) Where was the Police? and  (2) Where was the Policing Group? Of course, those from the community who ask question No. 2 never before seemed to have acknowledged the CPG or accepted that their safety over the years was because of the very CPG which they suddenly recognized as existing. In fact, those persons should have been asking themselves instead: Where were they?Doesn’t the concept of Community Policing advocate that the entire community be the Community Policing Group? On that premise, therefore,Nike NFL Jerseys China, those who ask where were you,Jerseys NFL Wholesale, should be asking where they were. But CPG members will be the first to agree that getting every male adult, even the women folk, in the community to be a member of the CPG, though desirable, is impossible. But you will agree, also, that it is not impossible to get a greater percentage of the community, if not to join us, to at least support us.That is an uphill task in the best of circumstances. So, how do we go about it?I subscribe to the belief that a mature human being is guided by a philosophy or philosophies – be that person a criminal or a saint. And I would like to propose that the relationship which may exist between a CPG and that portion of the community, which may be distant from the Group, can be bridged by proactive Community Policing leadership who embrace the philosophy that residents deserve to be solicited or encouraged for their input in exchange for their participation and support.I hasten to say that I also hold firm to the view that every household in a community has the responsibility,Deion Sanders Falcons Jersey, if not the obligation, to be involved as full-fledged partners with its Community Policing Group, and that CPGs should not be seen as the sole shakers and movers in the community.The big question, however, is: Who bells the cat?Tough luck, folks! But we who lead our groups have to take that yoke, since with more persons on board, the lighter our work is likely to become. We must believe in our leadership and we must be guided by the philosophy that nothing surpasses what human beings, talking and working together, can achieve. If we, as CPG leaders, are of the belief that our community sees us as a resource which they can use to help to ease some of their safety concerns, we must use that momentum to forge a stronger relationship between us and them.(To be continued)
回復

使用道具 舉報

您需要登錄後才可以回帖 登錄 | 立即註冊

本版積分規則

重要聲明:本討論區是以即時上載留言的方式運作,A-Plus補習討論區對所有留言的真實性、完整性及立場等,不負任何法律責任。而一切留言之言論只代表留言者個人意見,並非本網站之立場,讀者及用戶不應信賴內容,並應自行判斷內容之真實性。於有關情形下,讀者及用戶應尋求專業意見(如涉及醫療、法律或投資等問題)。 由於本討論區受到「即時上載留言」運作方式所規限,故不能完全監察所有留言,若讀者及用戶發現有留言出現問題,請聯絡我們。A-Plus補習討論區有權刪除任何留言及拒絕任何人士上載留言(刪除前或不會作事先警告及通知),同時亦有不刪除留言的權利,如有任何爭議,管理員擁有最終的詮釋權。用戶切勿撰寫粗言穢語、誹謗、渲染色情暴力或人身攻擊的言論,敬請自律。本網站保留一切法律權利。

手機版|小黑屋|A-Plus互動討論區    

GMT+8, 2024-5-14 03:42 , Processed in 0.053835 second(s), 28 queries .