9萬

積分

論壇元老

積分
跳轉到指定樓層
樓主
發表於 2017-7-11 20:51:50 | 只看該作者 回帖獎勵 |倒序瀏覽 |閱讀模式
分享到: 更多
– disciplinary action likely“This article still should not have passed the Editor’s desk and eventually went to publication…. I believe that as a matter of principle that this event will more than likely result in some resignation at the board level.” – Keith Burrowes Keith BurrowesChairman of the Board of Directors of the Chronicle newspapers Keith Burrowes has expressed regret at an editorial published titled “Opposition rampages to sow disunity the country,Jonathan Toews Jersey, and which had posited that African Guyanese youths were socialized by the opposition to be violent and racist towards Indian Guyanese.The Guyana National Newspaper Limited (GNNL) editorial was published on July 3,Alex Pietrangelo Jersey, 2012, which caused condemnation from several organizations and prominent citizens.“I sincerely regret this article ever being published and wish to apologize to all the persons both locally and overseas who may have been offended or affected…Though I was not directly involved in the oversight of this publication nor was I aware of its contents, this article still should not have passed the Editor’s desk and eventually went to publication,David Savard Jersey,” Burrowes noted.Having said this,Duncan Keith Jersey, Burrowes said it’s abundantly clear that the views expressed in the publication by no means represent the majority of shareholders,Jonathan Drouin Team North America Jersey, the Board nor the Management and staff of Chronicle.“I’d like to think that over the past few years we,Brandon Mashinter Jersey, as a media house,Travis Moen Jersey, have been striving to make certain professional and impartial publications published in our daily prints. We have given our utmost to ensure that our publications over the years were geared towards promoting racial harmony amongst our citizenry.”Burrowes explained that he has always tried to keep a high moral and professional code of ethics in providing factual and balanced reporting.“It should be noted that the action has and will be taken against those (the Editor –who was on duty – and writer of the article) who were responsible for this particular publication and if it is found that there were others who contributed to the article,Patrick Kane Jersey, the relevant disciplinary actions will be taken.”“At this time I’d like to take the opportunity to assure our readers and all Guyanese that additional steps have been taken to ensure that there isn’t a similar recurrence. I believe that as a matter of principle that this event will more than likely result in some resignation at the Board level.”The incendiary editorial claimed that young Black youths are “socialized” by the opposition to rob and murder Indian Guyanese. The editorial concluded that “hatred of Indians is ingrained in their psyche.”In a statement issued on Saturday,Andrew Desjardins Jersey, the Working People’s Alliance (WPA) said that such statements in the editorial emanate from a racist mindset that has long characterized part of the national discourse on race relations in Guyana.The party had also called for a boycott of the Chronicle.“The editorial represents both an assault on the dignity of African Guyanese and an insult to the intelligence of Indian Guyanese whose fears it purports to highlight,” the WPA said.“An editorial that sets out to speak against racial division has ended up doing more damage to the cause of racial unity than any in recent times.”
回復

使用道具 舉報

您需要登錄後才可以回帖 登錄 | 立即註冊

本版積分規則

重要聲明:本討論區是以即時上載留言的方式運作,A-Plus補習討論區對所有留言的真實性、完整性及立場等,不負任何法律責任。而一切留言之言論只代表留言者個人意見,並非本網站之立場,讀者及用戶不應信賴內容,並應自行判斷內容之真實性。於有關情形下,讀者及用戶應尋求專業意見(如涉及醫療、法律或投資等問題)。 由於本討論區受到「即時上載留言」運作方式所規限,故不能完全監察所有留言,若讀者及用戶發現有留言出現問題,請聯絡我們。A-Plus補習討論區有權刪除任何留言及拒絕任何人士上載留言(刪除前或不會作事先警告及通知),同時亦有不刪除留言的權利,如有任何爭議,管理員擁有最終的詮釋權。用戶切勿撰寫粗言穢語、誹謗、渲染色情暴力或人身攻擊的言論,敬請自律。本網站保留一切法律權利。

手機版|小黑屋|A-Plus互動討論區    

GMT+8, 2024-5-3 18:17 , Processed in 0.075855 second(s), 28 queries .