4萬

積分

論壇元老

積分
跳轉到指定樓層
樓主
發表於 2017-7-13 00:35:18 | 只看該作者 回帖獎勵 |倒序瀏覽 |閱讀模式
分享到: 更多
City residents who have been contributing to the destruction of their neighbourhoods and creating unsanitary surroundings could soon come in for stiffer penalties, says longstanding Mayor of Georgetown Hamilton Green.Heeding to concerns of residents in various communities who have been pounding his ears with complaints of various violations, the 81-year-old Mayor plans to lobby the new government to take stern action against defaulters.Yesterday, Green and a team of officials from the Town Clerk’s Office, Public Health Department and other departments of the Mayor and City Council (M&CC) visited Kitty, a community where residents are highly frustrated over stagnant mosquito-infested water drains, and bushy and abandoned alleyways,Wholesale Jerseys From China, among other things.Based on his observation, the Mayor lamented that some of the blocked drains are as a result of practices obtained by residents in the various neighbourhoods he has thus far visited.City Mayor Hamilton Green during the inspection yesterdayGreen observed that the situation is further compounded by neglected alleyways that have not been cleaned or cleared for a long time. During the inspection yesterday, the Mayor said the problems obtained in Kitty mirrored that which prevails in Newtown and Campbellville, the communities inspected the day before.He pointed out that in Newtown,Cheap Soccer Jerseys Authentic, assistance was given by the Ministry of Public Infrastructure to dig the drains “but you had people who are putting old vehicles and have sand blocking the drains and as I told them: I propose to go to the government to increase the fines and penalties and produce a situation where we can deal with them condignly and swiftly”.“I want to avoid this system of taking a man to court,Cheap Jerseys Online,” he continued, “and we have two or three officers held up in the court for several days and then people who are destroying the environment get some ‘slick lawyer’ to put things off. I don’t want that.”The city Mayor says it is his intention to mirror the action taken in Singapore by its former Prime Minister, Lee Kuan Yew. Green said he hopes to similarly impose fines and if necessary, have persons incarcerated for destroying or defacing the environment.The former Singaporean Leader is credited for the overall transformation of what was once a third world country.The proposal, Green said, will be discussed with the President and Cabinet.“There is too much at stake. We have to bequeath our young people and its succeeding generations with a city that is clean and well organised. It will not happen unless the citizens themselves are involved.”He said the team embarked on the inspection with hopes of providing some relief to residents. The Mayor added “It’s a long haul but we have started. The longest journey begins with a single step and we’re making that step today (yesterday).”The Mayor expressed hope that his proposal will be accepted by the new government. “It will be using a ticket system. People are using the courts to delay justice; justice delayed is justice denied,Cheap NFL Jerseys, and if we are to restore the city we have to act swiftly and it is wrong for a few to frustrate the efforts of these citizens here.”He said there are citizens he has met who are on board and willing to help. Further,Sale NFL Jerseys, the Mayor said that many families have been making the sacrifice to ensure the environment is protected.“Why should we allow one miscreant, one person to frustrate them?”He blasted owners of empty house lots that have been harbouring rats, roaches,Cheap Jerseys Online, mosquitoes and flies, and which are interfering with initiatives and efforts of others who have been trying to maintain a clean and healthy environment,.The Mayor said that the council is now looking into fixing the issues around the city because it had been frustrated over the last 23 years.“Every measure we proposed to the previous government was daunted and not done and I needn’t go further. You can’t run this city without money. Every effort we made (in the past) to raise funds, the government frustrated it. They did not allow me to deal with officers,Wholesale China Jerseys, instead they imposed their own officers who reported to the minister and not the mayor. That is now history and we are moving on. I have the assurance of this government that they will support the duly elected mayor and council.”He pointed to the works done recently at the Independence Arch saying that was a microcosm of a new approach. “We are no longer suffocated,” the Mayor expressed.
回復

使用道具 舉報

您需要登錄後才可以回帖 登錄 | 立即註冊

本版積分規則

重要聲明:本討論區是以即時上載留言的方式運作,A-Plus補習討論區對所有留言的真實性、完整性及立場等,不負任何法律責任。而一切留言之言論只代表留言者個人意見,並非本網站之立場,讀者及用戶不應信賴內容,並應自行判斷內容之真實性。於有關情形下,讀者及用戶應尋求專業意見(如涉及醫療、法律或投資等問題)。 由於本討論區受到「即時上載留言」運作方式所規限,故不能完全監察所有留言,若讀者及用戶發現有留言出現問題,請聯絡我們。A-Plus補習討論區有權刪除任何留言及拒絕任何人士上載留言(刪除前或不會作事先警告及通知),同時亦有不刪除留言的權利,如有任何爭議,管理員擁有最終的詮釋權。用戶切勿撰寫粗言穢語、誹謗、渲染色情暴力或人身攻擊的言論,敬請自律。本網站保留一切法律權利。

手機版|小黑屋|A-Plus互動討論區    

GMT+8, 2024-5-21 16:31 , Processed in 0.068924 second(s), 26 queries .